Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

400k for platt ..???

It would appear the Imps are still in the hunt for Michael Bridges (Sunderland legend and Leeds 21 goal top scorer under O`Leary) as well as Rene Howe (Peterborough, Rochdale and Morecambe) going into the Arsenal game on Monday. Clive Platt leaving Colchester for Norwich in a £400,000 deal could be the key, but sensationally the word is Howe has not rejected a move to the Imps even though on the face of it we appear to have moved on.

We all know that a big man up front is clearly still the answer. It is one that will define our season. Jacko meanwhile has been truffling away, boosted by an impressive Imp war chest, with the rumour being that he is about to sign two strikers.

But surely Jacko can`t pull off double swoop of the century can he? Surely not Howe and Bridges in the same forward line.

For many Imps our fears and dreams are all we have, this double signing could be all 125 of our birthdays come at once.

How many would pack the Bank to see the Imps V Arsenal if these two signed by Monday?

I think this would be better suited to a Lincoln forum.....

considering one player is with us the other we have shown interest in .

thought it may be a interest since it states we may put in a bid of 400k for a player .

it does mention norwich as well as lincoln.

Yeah fair enough, I think the Platt rumour has been well quashed by Colchester though. As for Bridges I hope the Imps do get him, I certainly don''t want him at Norwich!

Its a tricky one, many people would spend that on Lee, and while he would be effective in Div 1, I can''t help but wish for a younger player. I think a look at Zola at Crewe would be good, heaps of potential but had a bad year in 2009, very big and strong too. I suspect that we could get him for a fraction of that price and so still have money to spare on a new RB perhaps....

One player local to me is Reuben Reid who plays for Rotherham.

He got 19 in 40 games last season and is starting to look the part.  I know the millers turned down £100k from MK Dons recently for him, but he wants out and £150k could well make Utd sell, especially as he is out of contract next summer I think....and they cant afford to let him walk fro free.

He would be worth a punt at that sort of money, hes 6ft plus I think, still has lots to learn but would be the kind of player we should be looking for.

[quote user="singing canary"]It would appear the Imps are still in the hunt for Michael Bridges (Sunderland legend and Leeds 21 goal top scorer under O`Leary) as well as Rene Howe (Peterborough, Rochdale and Morecambe) going into the Arsenal game on Monday. Clive Platt leaving Colchester for Norwich in a £400,000 deal could be the key, but sensationally the word is Howe has not rejected a move to the Imps even though on the face of it we appear to have moved on. We all know that a big man up front is clearly still the answer. It is one that will define our season. Jacko meanwhile has been truffling away, boosted by an impressive Imp war chest, with the rumour being that he is about to sign two strikers. But surely Jacko can`t pull off double swoop of the century can he? Surely not Howe and Bridges in the same forward line. For many Imps our fears and dreams are all we have, this double signing could be all 125 of our birthdays come at once. How many would pack the Bank to see the Imps V Arsenal if these two signed by Monday?[/quote]

So you posted this after reading this...........

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED15%20Jul%202009%2013%3A53%3A30%3A093

looking at it no .. it was not on the pinkun when i put it on here .

it read it on news now early yesterday morning as i felt is was a subject worth talking to people about.

Some of us laughed at the idea of us signing him, but he was very good today. Not that he needed to try, but him and Lisbie linked up well and I thought he looked a real handful. If only.....