Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds For FONCY - Good News

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Great news Nutty and well done for securing this for another season.  Ray''s legacy and your hard work make an excellent combination.

I would like to throw my hat into the ring for the final selections.  If you have already done the rotas, is there a reserve list I could be added to?  If not, no worries.

Really looking forward to picking my naps again.

[:)]

[/quote]

Ooops, I didn''t see your post Nutty[:$].  Really looking forward to making the final selections, thank you[:)][Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Just reading through this thread makes me think how happy my great friend Ray would have been to see so many posters looking forward to the new season and wanting to make the final selections. I just wish there was a way for you all to have a turn. I don''t like being the one who decides who made the "Fab 40" (Great name fir it Diesel Doris[Y][:)] )so I tried to do it as fairly as possible. Luckily I had my records to look back on which made it a little easier but still it feels like I may have disappointed some of you and I am truely sorry for that.

There were 104 different pickers during the course of last season. Some just picked once or twice and of course some drift in and out but all of them played their part in raising the money for our academy. I thought long and hard about the fairest way to select 40. Some let it be known to me that they were happy not to make the final selections. I then looked at the stats from last season and finally came to a decision as to who would make the "Fab 40" It finally came down to the difference between our good friends Beauseant and The Great Drinkell. Beaus finished on 11/16 where as TGD finished on 9/16. So that''s where the "Fab 40" ended and "Top 20" (reserve list) started.

If the free bet carries on gaining in popularity during the coming season and if we should be able to go on beyond that then selecting 40 will be an even bigger headache next year. But, as our friend Diesel Doris so rightly points out, it''s the naps we all put in each week that ultimately Rays Funds for FONCY.

[/quote]

Just read this Nutty, does this mean I''m on the bench? bloody hell if it does i''d better keep myself in shape.LOL  Old Billy will be rubbing his hands hoping I get on. I must of kept him in luxury over the years. But i''ll be ready if required.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Hi Nutty,

I would also like to stand down and give one of the new lads a crack at Billy''s dosh, work is a bit hectic at the minute and i dont seem to know when i''m coming or going plus i''m still with BT and we cant take the risk that their crappy products will near spoil the free bet again. You can still expect me to be pushing for one of the top spots on the leader board next year, keep up the good work, Ray would be very proud !

[/quote]

Sorry to be so long replying to this Devon. This is a busy month for me but I will be giving the free bet my full attention in time for the new season.

Ray always looked on all us PUPs as the ''free bet family'' and you were very much part of that but, as we have subs fit and raring to go, I will unleash one of the hungry PUPs onto Billy. However, you must take his place on the bench.

The Great Drinkell - start warming up my friend, we are going to need you[Y]

Ready, willing and ab....... well let''s see about the able. A kind gesture by Devon [B](there''s one in salt for you Devon) and I will do my best to be a suitable replacement. Any idea yet which week so Ii can mark it on my calendar would hate to miss my opportunity to help the boys at the academy.

Its great to see the only thread worth posting on out of this entire forum is back up and running and i will be honoured to take my chance as i am one of the chose ones in the "fab 40".

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Hi Nutty,

I would also like to stand down and give one of the new lads a crack at Billy''s dosh, work is a bit hectic at the minute and i dont seem to know when i''m coming or going plus i''m still with BT and we cant take the risk that their crappy products will near spoil the free bet again. You can still expect me to be pushing for one of the top spots on the leader board next year, keep up the good work, Ray would be very proud !

[/quote]

Sorry to be so long replying to this Devon. This is a busy month for me but I will be giving the free bet my full attention in time for the new season.

Ray always looked on all us PUPs as the ''free bet family'' and you were very much part of that but, as we have subs fit and raring to go, I will unleash one of the hungry PUPs onto Billy. However, you must take his place on the bench.

The Great Drinkell - start warming up my friend, we are going to need you[Y]

[/quote]

your taking a risk there NN [:D]

Go on TGD - show ''em what you got

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Very chuffed to be amongst the forty pickers - thanks very much NN! [Y] [/quote]

Bloody hell Macca, a post from you is like a sighting of a Great Auk these days! Hope you''re well mate.[:)][Y]

I''ve only just seen the rota, well chuffed to be amongst the chosen ones... Cheers Nutty, this is outstanding work and Ray would be pleased with everyone for making it such a special thing... [:)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Very chuffed to be amongst the forty pickers - thanks very much NN! [Y] [/quote]

Bloody hell Macca, a post from you is like a sighting of a Great Auk these days! Hope you''re well mate.[:)][Y]

[/quote]

Yes, I''ve been unbelievably busy since finishing thesis and getting a ''real job'' [:D] - only have limited access to posting on here now so have been relegated to the status of very interested onlooker; hoping to start posting more again when the season kicks off. Other than being permanently stressed though, I''m doing really well thanks. Hope you and yours are too. [:)][Y]  

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Yes, I''ve been unbelievably busy since finishing thesis and getting a ''real job'' [:D] - only have limited access to posting on here now so have been relegated to the status of very interested onlooker; hoping to start posting more again when the season kicks off. Other than being permanently stressed though, I''m doing really well thanks. Hope you and yours are too. [:)][Y]  

[/quote]Crikey, I hadn''t even noticed you had posted too... I think a lot of us have found ''better'' things to do with most of our time over the last few months, its been silly season x100 this summer! Hope to be reading your wit and wisdom again soon mate, we could do with a sane voice or two... and hopefully we''ll start seeing some football to justify the boundless optimism...