Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds For FONCY - Good News

Bloodwagon - Read page 1 of this thread for Nutty Nigel''s run down of how it all works.

I''m really looking forward to meeting all the pickers that can make it to Nutty''s presentation night on August 21st.

I have secured the afternoon off work to make the long journey and accommodation is is in the process of being booked!

Leedscanary

PS - good to see Rhyl got a good beating in the Champions League qualifier last night - it means they''ll have no distractions when it comes to the Welsh Premier for my picking next season! [:P]

Well done Nutty, this is great news and a BIG THANK YOU to Billy Dixon for his support.

I''m looking forward to "having the honour" of picking the selections during the first month.

[quote user="GMF"]Well done Nutty, this is great news and a BIG THANK YOU to Billy Dixon for his support. I''m looking forward to "having the honour" of picking the selections during the first month.[/quote]

I sent you a PM and an email my friend. The email came back but hopefully the PM is still there. It was basically to ask you if you could pick the final selections on August 29th.

Well PUPs I have tried to be as fair as I can when sorting out the 40 pickers who will make the final selections. It was difficult because there are more regulars than there are weeks available to pick. So I''m really sorry to those who missed out but I will put together a reserve list to include the new PUPs ready for any spaces that may become available during the season. So please put in your naps every week to help those who are making the final selections. These are the 40 who will make up the rota : -

1st Wazzock, Astrodyne, Beaker, Beauseant, Berkshire Canary, Blahblahblah, BringBackIwan, Canary Ryan, Cityangel, Cosmic Twin, Delia''s Devon..., Evil Monkey, Fellas, Fonejacker, Gentleman Jim, GMF, Graham Humphrey, Hissing Sid, Hughesy, Inch High, Kathy, Leedscanary, Lucky green trainers, Macdougall''s perm, Methcanary, Mister Chops, Mr. Bump, Muddy funster, NCFC Shaun, Newyorkcanary, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Obiwancanary, Pboro_Canary, Shack Attack, Sparkos, Sports Desk -Pete, The Butler, Trent Canary, Yankee Canary.

The rota for August is :-

August 8th    Muddy funster

August 15th  Cityangel

August 22nd Meth Canary

August 29th  GMF

[quote user="missing in action"]can i put myself in for one nutty?
glad to see its continuing.
[/quote]

I have you in my reserve list with Ginger Pele and City Til I Die who also asked on this thread. I''m really sorry that there aren''t enough weeks for everyone but please stick around and still put in your naps.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well PUPs I have tried to be as fair as I can when sorting out the 40 pickers who will make the final selections. It was difficult because there are more regulars than there are weeks available to pick. So I''m really sorry to those who missed out but I will put together a reserve list to include the new PUPs ready for any spaces that may become available during the season. So please put in your naps every week to help those who are making the final selections. These are the 40 who will make up the rota : -

1st Wazzock, Astrodyne, Beaker, Beauseant, Berkshire Canary, Blahblahblah, BringBackIwan, Canary Ryan, Cityangel, Cosmic Twin, Delia''s Devon..., Evil Monkey, Fellas, Fonejacker, Gentleman Jim, GMF, Graham Humphrey, Hissing Sid, Hughesy, Inch High, Kathy, Leedscanary, Lucky green trainers, Macdougall''s perm, Methcanary, Mister Chops, Mr. Bump, Muddy funster, NCFC Shaun, Newyorkcanary, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Obiwancanary, Pboro_Canary, Shack Attack, Sparkos, Sports Desk -Pete, The Butler, Trent Canary, Yankee Canary.

August 15th  Cityangel

August 22nd Meth Canary

August 29th  GMF

[/quote]

I am honoured and will look  with anticipated pleasure at getting money from a bookie for our club.

(Only kidding Billy)

August 15th  Cityangel

August 22nd Meth Canary

August 29th  GMF

[/quote]  Good Luck to the "Fab 40". Hopefully some of my naps will help you all to raise a lot of money this season.[:)]

Nutty Nigel, this has probably already been sorted, but was there room for me to pick? I PM''ed you some time ago and thought  I did pretty well with my naps last season....No worries if it is a problem.

NN I''ve not bothered on here much recently all the doom and gloom etc

Just poped on to find the fantastic news on both counts

1) Wednesdays will be worth looking forward too again

2) I can make the 21st so hopefully look forward to meeting some of you there.

One small issue I''m away on hols on the 8th can I leave my nap prior to going? - Noticed you didn''t need a "value hunter" for the picks NN - probably for the best.

Have a great summer all[ap]

Oh and thanks to Dixmar [:D]

[quote user="Fonejacker"]Nutty Nigel, this has probably already been sorted, but was there room for me to pick? I PM''ed you some time ago and thought  I did pretty well with my naps last season....No worries if it is a problem.[/quote]please feel free to ignore me, I just saw the rota

Rota looks great Eddie, I can see plenty of winning weeks there!

Idea for the future if Billy Dixon continues with his fine sponsorship - use your league table to determine the top 40 pickers for the following season.

see you on the 21st

Kev

Just reading through this thread makes me think how happy my great friend Ray would have been to see so many posters looking forward to the new season and wanting to make the final selections. I just wish there was a way for you all to have a turn. I don''t like being the one who decides who made the "Fab 40" (Great name fir it Diesel Doris[Y][:)] )so I tried to do it as fairly as possible. Luckily I had my records to look back on which made it a little easier but still it feels like I may have disappointed some of you and I am truely sorry for that.

There were 104 different pickers during the course of last season. Some just picked once or twice and of course some drift in and out but all of them played their part in raising the money for our academy. I thought long and hard about the fairest way to select 40. Some let it be known to me that they were happy not to make the final selections. I then looked at the stats from last season and finally came to a decision as to who would make the "Fab 40" It finally came down to the difference between our good friends Beauseant and The Great Drinkell. Beaus finished on 11/16 where as TGD finished on 9/16. So that''s where the "Fab 40" ended and "Top 20" (reserve list) started.

If the free bet carries on gaining in popularity during the coming season and if we should be able to go on beyond that then selecting 40 will be an even bigger headache next year. But, as our friend Diesel Doris so rightly points out, it''s the naps we all put in each week that ultimately Rays Funds for FONCY.

Haha - I don''t know if I quite qualify for ''fab''!

It''s great that this is going again - I think I may be looking forward to the picking more than the new season! Great work Nutty, and thank you Billy.

August 15th  Cityangel

August 22nd Meth Canary

August 29th  GMF

[/quote]

Thanks for that Nutty. I look forward to my debut and hope I will do you, and Ray, proud!

August 15th  Cityangel

August 22nd Meth Canary

August 29th  GMF

[/quote]

I am happy to stand down to give someone else a chance Nutty, after all I have had more goes than anyone else and it would be nice to continue the popularity we have gained by letting newcomers have the thrill in being a PUP weekly picker.[:D]

Thanks Nutty, really looking forward to the start of the season now!!! The Free Bet thread is a fantastic tribute to the work that both you and Ray have put in and I''m sure he would be so proud to see that it is continuing to grow.

Many thanks to you and Billy Dixon and here''s to what will hopefully be our most successful season yet!!! [B]

August 15th  Cityangel

August 22nd Meth Canary

August 29th  GMF

[/quote]

Wow, thanks Nutty Nigel, & a big thanks to Billy.

It''s a great honour to be chosen as a picker, I hope I can do Ray & the rest of you proud.

Just to confirm, my username was BringBackIwan, but due to a mid-life crisis I''ve had a change.

Thanks again, roll on the new season & let''s make lots of money

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

August 15th  Cityangel

August 22nd Meth Canary

August 29th  GMF

[/quote]

I am happy to stand down to give someone else a chance Nutty, after all I have had more goes than anyone else and it would be nice to continue the popularity we have gained by letting newcomers have the thrill in being a PUP weekly picker.[:D]

[/quote]

Thanks for that Jim. It''s a selfless offer that''s typical of you and of the spirit Ray created with this. I''m sure Yankee won''t mind me telling you that he PM''d me with the same offer. It''s really hard for me to do what''s right, I always consider what I believe Ray would have said and he thought very highly of you and Yankee and I know he would have wanted you to take your turn. There are 12 new PUPs taking their chance with the final selections in the coming season. Next season we may have to change how it''s done, then I think it would be a good idea to give priority to those who have been picking every week but haven''t yet had a turn at the final selectoions. But to be fair that''s what I have done this time.

If it''s still ok with you my friend I would love it if you''d do our final selections on the 6th March.

Been off the site for a couple of weeks, came back on and found this. Fantastic news, great job Nutty, and as always big thanks to Billy.

Also hugely honoured to be amongst the "Fab 40" (great name by the way), although somewhat nervous after surveying the carnage of my failed attempt last season!!!!

Game on!

Excellent work Nutty, Ray would have been proud of you, and many thanks to Billy [Y]

This site has attracted a fair amount of criticism of late but your efforts will hopefully ensure that plenty of posters stick around. Scouring through the fixture lists of every league in Europe is the highlight of my ''working'' week [:D]

Look forward to seeing some of you on the 21st and when it''s my week I promise not to select the mighty Gas...

Hi Nutty,

I would also like to stand down and give one of the new lads a crack at Billy''s dosh, work is a bit hectic at the minute and i dont seem to know when i''m coming or going plus i''m still with BT and we cant take the risk that their crappy products will near spoil the free bet again. You can still expect me to be pushing for one of the top spots on the leader board next year, keep up the good work, Ray would be very proud !

Great news Nutty and well done for securing this for another season.  Ray''s legacy and your hard work make an excellent combination.

I would like to throw my hat into the ring for the final selections.  If you have already done the rotas, is there a reserve list I could be added to?  If not, no worries.

Really looking forward to picking my naps again.

[:)]

It''s great news to see that this continues for another season. I''m also honoured to see my name amongst the list of 40 pickers! [:)] Thanks, Nutty Nigel!