Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Fooled again?

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

We''ve only been fooled again if we swallow what is being hyped......

No-one is fooling me personally.... but neither have they done so for many years.

[/quote]You''re not the fooling kind are you big buddy?!

I have a read a few of your posts shortfab.

It just intrigues as to just how many games have you attended in, say, the last three years.

We all have our points of view, you are so strident in your opinions that are so totally opposite to mine I really wonder if we watch the same team.

Just a comment and simple question you understand.

Hi Beau, like you I haven''t had the time to post much either and am a bit behind the times regarding the latest news, but like you can''t see much has changed. We have the same manager, appointed it seems because he was there (and in the opinion of Delia, because he deserved it).

The board has expanded, but no new money as yet. While the new board members may have serious business credentials (and I am pleased to see at last we have some on board) Delia and Michael still hold majority shareholdings, so what really has changed. It''s still their toy and still their say so. I am seriously worried re the possible conflicts of interest appointing the MD of the local newspaper onto the board of the local football club.

New players. Well history tells us we don''t do much this time of year. We are giving players trials and have made couple of signings. I am willing to wait until a few league games have been played to make my mind up there. But we continue to be shunned/outbid by our rivals in the same league which doesn''t hold out much hope for either August dealings or indeed later on in January.

As for the rebate. Well it went pretty much as suspected. Did anyone really know many ST holders who did leave their money with the club? We all had our reasons for our decision, as discussed at the time, but the size of the budget the manager does have doesn''t worry me as much as how it will be used. I am yet to be convinced that Bryan Gunn and his coaching staff can take our club forward. Hopefully they will, but I a remain to date a sceptic.

Cynically yes, we could think the money may be used elsewhere. I will take them at their word that it will be used for new players. It all depends on who we can get/wants to come here. Added to the rebate kitty we assume is money from the sales of players going out. Has this been confirmed by anyone at the club?

The need for a striker is our perennial problem. We haven''t had a decent one for years. We are unlikely to get a great one now, so have to hope we can discover one (Cody?) or one of our youngsters can move up a few gears. Personally I am worried about the ''culture shock'' of being in the Third Division as far as the players go. The difference for them in terms of style, pace, etc. To say nothing about standards of referring. If we are in the bottom half of the league come October I will be worried. Just like last year.

So, yes a feeling of unease is there Beau. And to be honest, until things really change at boardroom level, that feeling is going to stay.

The money was added to the player budget.  Only one element of this budget is transfer fees, there is also the question of wages.  If, as we are told, Stephen Hughes has been offered £7k a year to sign for City, then I think we can see where the money''s going - we pick up freebies and pay them more money than other clubs who may be sniffing around the same players.

I think you are right Mr Chops - sadly, that is a bit too complex for some posters who simply see the ''undisclosed fee'' or ''free transfer'' bit in the headline and think that these players cost nothing.

totally and utterly fooled again, at least some folk were. Blew all of my £72 rebate money on some exceelent bargains on Amazon.Com yesterday and it felt very good indeed. Much better than waiting in vain hope of us signing a decent striker

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I have a read a few of your posts shortfab.

It just intrigues as to just how many games have you attended in, say, the last three years.

We all have our points of view, you are so strident in your opinions that are so totally opposite to mine I really wonder if we watch the same team.

Just a comment and simple question you understand.[/quote]Hi, I don''t know exactly, maybe 100 games. I live in the Midlands but I''m a season ticket holder in Upper Barclay for the last 2 years and I was previously in the Jarrold stand, I also go to away games around the Midlands and also the North West. I don''t think I have strident opinions, I think Delia and the gang have cocked things up but I don''t think it was malicious nor has it lined her pockets, there were just some poor business and football decisions made by the board and they can''t get anyone to invest on their terms, which may be because their terms are not acceptable. I think Gunn has not proved to be a good choice, but he was the cheap option and I believe that Butterworth and Crook may have enough about them with Gunn to make a reasonable management team. I think Bowkett and McInally look strong and that the purchases so far have been cheap, but reasonably encouraging.I like going to watch Norwich City and enjoy being with the people I go with and even last year I saw some good games and had a laugh, although these were the stars in a very dark year.I came on this board originally to have a laugh, look at rumours and speculation and discuss team performance, and that''s still why I visit. However what I can''t stand is the egoists and doom mongers who are only on here to moan about the board and Gunn and never discuss footballing/team matters at all and have stock put downs to everybody who show a scintilla of enthusiasm, however mild, for any aspect of the club. Yeah we''re in Division 1 and I''m not happy but I still want to go to games and talk about the team, the players, the triallists, the games and the rumours. What I don''t want is Cluck and co, who often post the same replies to various OTs, never discuss anything other than Delia and Delia lovers and the idiocy of those who attend games, or Loan City types who start everything with, figuratively, "if you think that etc, you are a fool" which begins to pall. Also the NCISA do seem like a group of nobodies led by a wannabe, where every announcement shows up their incompetencies. I''d love Delia to sell out to Bowkett and Foulger and them to commit funds, maybe with others involved, but that seems unlikely and I can''t see a way to make it happen, so I''ll just try and enjoy what we''ve got and will continue to rip into the people who spoil this board when I choose.

That''s fair enough shortfab.

I have a very similar approach to home games. I sit in the Upper Barclay surrounded by a great bunch of lads and we have a damn good laugh. sadly, some of the time it is about our team and how the club is run.

A few of us go to most away games and enjoy good conversation pre match at the pub etc. Unfortunately, thereafter, the enjoyment has ceased for a few years now.

I have to say I have felt quite ashamed with our club''s performances when watching them away from home.

I suppose the main difference between us is, that whilst I accept Cluck and Smudger can be a bit harsh, I reluctantly agree with most of their posts.

The irony is not lost on me of course, that neither of these two have been regular attendees at the Carra !!

Perhaps we will actually purchase a striker or two that we actually know and not have to resort to Wikipedia. Then Gunn proves he is a good manager and we have a cracking start to the season.

I won''t hold my breath though.

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

No-one is fooling me personally.... but neither have they done so for many years.

[/quote]

I always had you down as a spit not swallow man. [;)]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

I always had you down as a spit not swallow man. [;)]

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with a swift swallow.......

Your tern cock.......    [;)]

I think it was always the promise by Foulger that the rebate money and his doubling of that amount would go to the ''playing budget''. Most of our playing budget has gone on wages for the past few years so dont be surprised if we spend nothing on transfer fees. If you let them keep your rebate expecting it to go on transfer fees then you most certainly were fooled again.