Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Huckerby out injured again!

Same problem with his thigh, that made him miss all the Earthquakes games in May. He''s now sitting out of training yet again! This thigh injury just won''t go away, and makes the chance of him ever playing for us again very slim!

I''m sorry - but I think Glenn Roeder was spot on to release Huckerby. He had exactly the same injury problems in his last season with us.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''m sorry - but I think Glenn Roeder was spot on to release Huckerby. He had exactly the same injury problems in his last season with us.
[/quote]Sorry, but don''t think GR was spot on about anything especially re; Darren Huckerby, who had excellent season with San Jose last year.

There was a link posted on here a short while ago about his latest injury and it isnt the same injury as he had whilst at Norwich - he also stated that it would recover and that it was just a matter of rest and taking things slowly.

Darren''s injury at Norwich was a hip problem that has not re-occurred since. The problem this season is his thigh and is muscular so will respond to treatment and rest.

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"]Darren''s injury at Norwich was a hip problem that has not re-occurred since. The problem this season is his thigh and is muscular so will respond to treatment and rest.[/quote]Thank you Dr Kildare[;)]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''m sorry - but I think Glenn Roeder was spot on to release Huckerby. He had exactly the same injury problems in his last season with us. [/quote]Yeah right, Roeder displayed great managerial nous last year, we were just stupid to sack him when he was doing so well.Do you just not think that Huckerby could have done a job on the left in just a few games that would have been cheaper and more effective than the various incumbents last year. Could have picked up a few extra points (perhaps enough)

It''s not as if the MLS is a slower paced game, less physical and only a 30 game regular season, oh it is, how would a 33 year old with a chronic hip injury manage in England? we could maybe get 15-20 games out of him

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]It''s not as if the MLS is a slower paced game, less physical and only a 30 game regular season, oh it is, how would a 33 year old with a chronic hip injury manage in England? we could maybe get 15-20 games out of him[/quote]

So the same as McVeigh then?[:S]

Considering he is now in the latter stages of his career it''s sadly inevitable that he is going o struggle to shrug off injuries.  I wouldn''t be surprised if it''s not too long before he decides to retire.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Listen, if WLY is training with us for a deal, Hucks can do too. I hear Bill Puntin''s coming next week![/quote]

Iwan! Iwan! Iwan! Iwan. Bring back the big number 9.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''m sorry - but I think Glenn Roeder was spot on to release Huckerby. He had exactly the same injury problems in his last season with us. [/quote]totally agree, if he was a horse they''d of shot him years ago.

I''m sorry - but I think Glenn Roeder was spot on to release Huckerby. He had exactly the same injury problems in his last season with us.

totally agree, if he was a horse they''d of shot him years ago.

If he was a horse, I doubt he''d have ever played for Norwich City. We have our "1 Equine" quotient met with donkey D''OHerty. NNnnnnneeeEEEEeeiiighghghgh [:D]

[quote user="missing in action?"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''m sorry - but I think Glenn Roeder was spot on to release Huckerby. He had exactly the same injury problems in his last season with us.
[/quote]Shame really that there are " supporters" who write in such a manner about a player who was a star for us and entertained us in the way he did. He also has a great affection for NCFC.

agreed...the guy sounds a prime time tool

Hucks is the best thing to happen to this club for as long as I can remember.

It saddens me to admit this, but I had high hopes for him coming back and doing a job for us....but the injury he''s carrying make this less and less likely.

I am sure he will be back in some capacity, and think it will give the whole club a lift to know he is in some way involved again.

Keep the faith hucks

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

If he was a horse, I doubt he''d have ever played for Norwich City. We have our "1 Equine" quotient met with donkey D''OHerty. NNnnnnneeeEEEEeeiiighghghgh [:D]

[/quote]Have you read what others have typed? With us he had a hip injury - he now has a muscular thigh injury - not the same at all. He was having to play with pain killing injections for us whilst it seems he has re-agrivated the muscle strain - probably not giving it long enough to heal.