Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Jamie Cureton

[quote user="CT "]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Save your managers arse Gunn and play Jamie![Y][/quote]

Do you think if we''d played curo more we''d have stayed up?

This should be interesting...

[/quote]If we''d let him stay at Barnsley we''d have stayed up.

[quote user="barclay seats 48 49 "]

Never heard such rubbish ....you obviously dont ever watch a match , or you would have seen Mooney , Lee, Gow, croft , etc etc  miss far more "open " goals

Twat

[/quote]

Hey, I remember you. The guy who makes stuff up to defend your beloved Jamie. Go on then, give me one good reason why we should even keep him, let alone play him. Just for a laugh.

And maybe I''m mistaking you for someone else but didn''t you say you were cancelling your season ticket? Means you can''t say you go to games so you can judge him then. Shame. Oh well, at least the average IQ of the crowd at Carrow Road will be marginally increased. Every cloud and all that.

Oh and are you aware of the thread Pete put up last week? He politely suggested that perhaps some people could cut down on their swearing a bit. Can''t believe you missed that one. Which, incidentally, I was saying to Jamie just the other day.

If he really does bleed yellow and green, why don''t we pay him performance related, get him on a 2 year deal, £2k a week, with £5k per goal. I''d be happy for him to stay then. if he gets 25 goals, he''ll be good for £5k a week.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="barclay seats 48 49 "]

Never heard such rubbish ....you obviously dont ever watch a match , or you would have seen Mooney , Lee, Gow, croft , etc etc  miss far more "open " goals

Twat

[/quote]

And maybe I''m mistaking you for someone else but didn''t you say you were cancelling your season ticket? Means you can''t say you go to games so you can judge him then. Shame.

[/quote]

Dont mean to steal your thunder here Graham but I think the man in question is judging Jamie Curetons goal antics for the season just finished. The season he had a season ticket? I dont think he was talking about the future? Also he has a point: every single player last season was guilty of missing sitters. It just so happened Jamies were the most shocking.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Can''t believe you missed that one. Which, incidentally, I was saying to Jamie just the other day.

[/quote]Tremendous!

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Dont mean to steal your thunder here Graham but I think the man in question is judging Jamie Curetons goal antics for the season just finished. The season he had a season ticket? I dont think he was talking about the future? Also he has a point: every single player last season was guilty of missing sitters. It just so happened Jamies were the most shocking.[/quote]Indeed. I was merely pointing out he doesn''t have that to hide behind come August.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]If he really does bleed yellow and green, why don''t we pay him performance related, get him on a 2 year deal, £2k a week, with £5k per goal. I''d be happy for him to stay then. if he gets 25 goals, he''ll be good for £5k a week.
[/quote]

He already has a contract with us for another year.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]If he really does bleed yellow and green, why don''t we pay him performance related, get him on a 2 year deal, £2k a week, with £5k per goal renegociated upon promotion. I''d be happy for him to stay then. if he gets 25 goals, he''ll be good for £5k a week.[/quote]

He already has a contract with us for another year.

[/quote]offer him 2 years under them conditions, why do we always have to leave it ''til the end before we renew people''s deals. If he believes he can do it for us, and ''really loves the club'' then he''ll be getting a good deal.

It''s not actually all the sitters he misses that really bother me, it''s just that he''s so very lazy.

If he was out there working hard then it wouldn''t be so bad but most of the time he just stands there making no real effort to help himself or the rest of the team. 

If he''s scoring goals for fun then he can get away with being lazy but he ain''t.

[quote user="GJP"]

It''s not actually all the sitters he misses that really bother me, it''s just that he''s so very lazy.

If he was out there working hard then it wouldn''t be so bad but most of the time he just stands there making no real effort to help himself or the rest of the team. 

If he''s scoring goals for fun then he can get away with being lazy but he ain''t.

[/quote]not his biggets fan, but one thing i won''t accuse him of is being lazy. He just ain''t good enough anymore for Championship footy, or he is a constant sufferer of nerves, he does try his hardest tho.

Barclay seats wrote

Twat

First off, I really don''t think there''s any need to use insulting language.

For your information I am a season ticket holder and have seen every game this season. Not sure how you can say any of the players above have missed more open goal than Cureton this season. I think of the above Lee was a good acquisition as well.

Cureton has had his chance and regrettably has shown he''s not good enough 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

not his biggets fan, but one thing i won''t accuse him of is being lazy. He just ain''t good enough anymore for Championship footy, or he is a constant sufferer of nerves, he does try his hardest tho.
[/quote]

If that''s him trying his hardest then that''s just very worrying, I always like to think he could do more but just can''t be bothered.

I mean sometimes he pretends like he''s trying to close someone down with a half-hearted trot towards them but that''s about it. No real conviction.

If we ever see him play for Norwich again then wait until one of his team mates is in a tight situation and needs Jamie to make a little run to help him out. See if Jamie actually does it or if he just stays rooted for the spot waiting for someone else to sort it out.

Dire work rate.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Cobain18"]

No need to be rude. And idiot? Really? Do you know how many points he cost us last season? I''m not sure of the exact amount but I can tell you for a fact it was more than 10. Would 10 points have not kept us up?

It astonishes me people are convincing themselves he could be good at that level. Did no one watch him last season or have you conveniently forgotten?

[/quote]

It astonishes me that you refer to your opinion as ''fact''!

[/quote]

I refer to my opinion as fact because if he has missed sitters in matches where a goal would have won us the match on at least 4 occasions. He also did the same last season including against Ipswich last year if you remember?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

not his biggets fan, but one thing i won''t accuse him of is being lazy. He just ain''t good enough anymore for Championship footy, or he is a constant sufferer of nerves, he does try his hardest tho.
[/quote]

If that''s him trying his hardest then that''s just very worrying, I always like to think he could do more but just can''t be bothered.

I mean sometimes he pretends like he''s trying to close someone down with a half-hearted trot towards them but that''s about it. No real conviction.

If we ever see him play for Norwich again then wait until one of his team mates is in a tight situation and needs Jamie to make a little run to help him out. See if Jamie actually does it or if he just stays rooted for the spot waiting for someone else to sort it out.

Dire work rate.

[/quote]

I agree, dire work rate but I put that down to lack of fitness, pace and at times confidence to be honest

[quote user="barryevans"]cureton to get the lge1 golden boot trust me he''s gonna score at least 20[/quote]

I sincerely hope you''re right but I don''t see how, he has no longer got the pace ad proved last season that he can''t hit the goal anymore

[quote user="barryevans"]just hope more than anything but can see him getting a few[/quote]

Fingers crossed - if you''re right then Gunn will need to man manage him well. I am of the opinion that he is a confidence player so he will need a good start as well I reckon