Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Bryan Gunn doing a Q & A

Rick text - If Gunny doesn''t get the job would he be prepared to work with another manager.

Gunn says they want to kep the structure with the 3 of them and that he wants the job so hasn''t thought of any alternative,

Lots of texts re Hucks - he''s back here at Colney receiving treatment for a thigh strain and will go back when he''s fit.

They are trying to get him fit, reiterates that Hucks wants to come home and that they aren''t sure whther he could break his contract and come back sooner than later, if they can use him in the future they will.

Text re Sammy - he''s been the backbone of the club can we keep him? Crook says that hes a big player but Sammy has to make the decision whther he wants to play in League 1, Crook would love to keep him.

What a joke of a Q & A, talking about the weather now!!! Funny how they haven''t let any one on who wants to tell the truth about Gunns failure in keeping us up!!! Give it a day or two and these three will be announced as the full time management team.

Was a bit of waste of time because they only let 2 calls through so wasn''t really a question and answer session was it?.

Gunn sounded like he had no ideas for the future whatsoever , just we hope to instill passion , that would be the same passion they couldnt instill in 19 games .Also he only wants one job and thats the managers , as most thought the man got a little taste of power and now he wants more whether that harms the club or not.

I love the way that gunn had convinced the last caller that he should stay. Im sure he did the same with the board. On the huckerby stuff, do we really want a 33 year old with knee problems? As a coach he would be great but I would not want to see a forward who relies on pace back playing for the team.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="cityangel"] 

Goreham tells him that in polls 70% of fans don''t want him as manager, Gunn says he feels he has a lot of support, polls aren''t always accurate and he wants the job.He says no-one has told him face to face that they don''t want him.

[/quote]

think he has talked a lot of sense so far. as i said before on a different post that most people i have spoken too think the management team as it is deserve at least another year and that this board IS NOT representative of the supporters of our club
[/quote]

You must spend your time talking to people that don''t support Norwich then because I probably know about 40 Norwich season ticket holders and none of them say that!

Gunn must have read Doomcaster''s book of sidesteps.A caller asked if he was prepared to work under a new manager.  Guess what?  he didn''t answer it properly,  a neat sidestep saying ''I don''t think about things like that''.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I wouldn''t allow, or trust, Gunn to clean my toilet.........[/quote]Oh come on Wiz, don''t be so bloody dramatic.Gunn has done nothing wrong other than take over the reins of a club that was staring relegation in the face long before he came into the picture.    He was handed a poisoned chalice and given his position as something of a club hero, he had some cojones to actually take on the role.    Of course he wants the manager position - he''s in the football game and will see it as the ultimate prize.   Whether or not he should get it is entirely another matter, but to blame him for all that is wrong with the club and for the relegation is somewhat harsh and your quote is utterly hysterical.For my part, no, he shouldn''t get the job.   He''s not experienced enough to get us back up into the Championship, and he doesn''t deserve the stick that he''s being given by certain people.    He''s out of his depth but he''s struggling hard to stay above the water.      Let him go back to a backroom role within the club and we can forget about this period of his career.

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"][quote user="First Wizard"]I wouldn''t allow, or trust, Gunn to clean my toilet.........[/quote]

Oh come on Wiz, don''t be so bloody dramatic.

Gunn has done nothing wrong other than take over the reins of a club that was staring relegation in the face long before he came into the picture.    He was handed a poisoned chalice and given his position as something of a club hero, he had some cojones to actually take on the role.    Of course he wants the manager position - he''s in the football game and will see it as the ultimate prize.   Whether or not he should get it is entirely another matter, but to blame him for all that is wrong with the club and for the relegation is somewhat harsh and your quote is utterly hysterical.

For my part, no, he shouldn''t get the job.   He''s not experienced enough to get us back up into the Championship, and he doesn''t deserve the stick that he''s being given by certain people.    He''s out of his depth but he''s struggling hard to stay above the water.      Let him go back to a backroom role within the club and we can forget about this period of his career.
[/quote]

Why should he have a job for life though PS?............he''s a bloody freeloader who''s fed well at the canary table for years.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]He is no legend Wiz , only one thing bothering Gunn and thats a flashy job with a big wage , he couldnt give a shit about the club .
[/quote]

you are a first class Arse hole aren''t you?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]He is no legend Wiz , only one thing bothering Gunn and thats a flashy job with a big wage , he couldnt give a shit about the club .[/quote] No thats Mr Gunn who is trying to take this club for mugs to get the big flashy job his ego needs .As Wiz says the blokes a freeloader and its about time he stopped doing it at this clubs expense.

[/quote]

[quote]

Why should he have a job for life though PS?............he''s a bloody freeloader who''s fed well at the canary table for years.

[/quote]Were you having a pop at him a year ago?  Or 2 years ago?Again, he didn''t have a hope in hell of saving the club.  He stepped up to the plate because no-body else would/could (again, down to the regime).No, in no way should he be made permanent manager, but he shouldn''t be vilified as some are doing.   He just showed he wasn''t cut out for the job.As for being a "freeloader" - he''s still one of the most recognisable ex-City stars - still remembered & talked about by football fans around the country so he does have a role to play in raising the club profile.   And I''d rather have him raising our profile than the drunken cook!!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]He is no legend Wiz , only one thing bothering Gunn and thats a flashy job with a big wage , he couldnt give a shit about the club .
[/quote]

[/quote]

I still trail behind you jas![:|]

How much has team leech Gunn been paid over the years to do invented, nothing jobs?..............bloody mega thousands thats how much, and remind me again chief arsehole, how much is the club in debt?

so Gunn isn''t a legend for over 400 games in 12 years for us? for helping to guide us to 5th, 4th and 3rd in the top flight and playing in an FA cup semi final?

I suggest you watch a video of us from 1989-1994 then tell me Gunn isn''t a legend and cares little about this club....

and rant and rave all you like about him wanting the managers job it is the BOARD that appointed him over suitabble other candidates.. this is not Bryans fault is it?

If the Norwich Board offered you the job tommorow you''re telling me you wouldn''t let your heart tule your head? or would yo say "no sorry i don''t want it, i dont really care about the club and dont feel i have tjhe passion and drive to take it forwards"

Gunny''s going the job we all secretly wih we could do. he has no mney to spend, couldn''t buy players when he took over from Roeder, his loan signings include Mooney who scored goals, Lee who scored Goals he gave Corey Smith and Luke Daley a chance showing that he relies on the old traditional "Norwich way" of bringing through youth.

I expect you want the next Brian Hamilton, Bruce Rioch or Glenn Roeder and their breed of "Experiance" to come to the club do you?

I''m not saying Gunnys the man for the job by any stretch of the imagination but people on here really need to stop and think before they slag him off...

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How much has team leech Gunn been paid over the years to do invented, nothing jobs?..............bloody mega thousands thats how much, and remind me again chief arsehole, how much is the club in debt?

[/quote]

have we just exposed an alter-ego for you on the board Wiz? my post was not directed to you yet you seem to have responded!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wrong quotee jas................but my reply is still good enough for you.

so Gunn isn''t a legend for over 400 games in 12 years for us? for helping to guide us to 5th, 4th and 3rd in the top flight and playing in an FA cup semi final?

I suggest you watch a video of us from 1989-1994 then tell me Gunn isn''t a legend and cares little about this club....

and rant and rave all you like about him wanting the managers job it is the BOARD that appointed him over suitabble other candidates.. this is not Bryans fault is it?

If the Norwich Board offered you the job tommorow you''re telling me you wouldn''t let your heart tule your head? or would yo say "no sorry i don''t want it, i dont really care about the club and dont feel i have tjhe passion and drive to take it forwards"

Gunny''s going the job we all secretly wih we could do. he has no mney to spend, couldn''t buy players when he took over from Roeder, his loan signings include Mooney who scored goals, Lee who scored Goals he gave Corey Smith and Luke Daley a chance showing that he relies on the old traditional "Norwich way" of bringing through youth.

I expect you want the next Brian Hamilton, Bruce Rioch or Glenn Roeder and their breed of "Experiance" to come to the club do you?

I''m not saying Gunnys the man for the job by any stretch of the imagination but people on here really need to stop and think before they slag him off...

[/quote]Spot on Jas.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

have we just exposed an alter-ego for you on the board Wiz? my post was not directed to you yet you seem to have responded!

[/quote]

Yes, just spotted that jas, sorry, wrong brain in today!..................but my reply still holds water to whoever it concerns.

Jas - you speak wise words.Gunn is not the man for the job.  I think we can all agree on that.However, he doesn''t deserve the hysterical, attention-seeking bile that''s being spouted on here by certain armchair/computer desk warriors. [:^)]

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]Jas - you speak wise words.

Gunn is not the man for the job.  I think we can all agree on that.

However, he doesn''t deserve the hysterical, attention-seeking bile that''s being spouted on here by certain armchair/computer desk warriors. [:^)]
[/quote]

Err? imo, yes he does, he''s sponged of the club, and licked the boards arse for years!

He''s not the nice bloke he pretends to be.

Shut up Wizard. Gunn is a decent bloke. Gunn is also a Norwich City legend. Gunn should not be subjected to personal insults and abuse for wanting to put things right at the club he loves.

However Gunn should not be given the job and if someone else gets it the board needs to handle any such announcement sensitively. Sadly though I fear its too late for that and if he doesn''t get it Gunny will end up walking away from the club altogether.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Shut up Wizard. Gunn is a decent bloke. Gunn is also a Norwich City legend. Gunn should not be subjected to personal insults and abuse for wanting to put things right at the club he loves.

However Gunn should not be given the job and if someone else gets it the board needs to handle any such announcement sensitively. Sadly though I fear its too late for that and if he doesn''t get it Gunny will end up walking away from the club altogether.

[/quote]

Err, shut up yourself Jim..............its a bloody message board!

And stop getting my hopes up!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Err, shut up yourself Jim..............its a bloody message board!

And stop getting my hopes up!

[/quote]

Sorry a bit harsher than i had intended but you cannot be serious with this stuff about Gunn being a freeloader, not a nice bloke etc?

This thread is amazing (and not in a good sense).

Whatever Gunn''s football management skills, to call him a sponger and freeloader whilst he is uner a contract of employment is simply a disgrace. To those that think that, do you know what he has actually done? Do you think it is fair to make these kind of libelous remarks against someone who is practically prevented from responding?

I sometimes why some posters bother to post here given that they hate everything associted with the club. For the record, I am very anti-Board and not keen on Gunn as a manager, but you can never take away his achievements as a player.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

This thread is amazing (and not in a good sense).

Whatever Gunn''s football management skills, to call him a sponger and freeloader whilst he is uner a contract of employment is simply a disgrace. To those that think that, do you know what he has actually done? Do you think it is fair to make these kind of libelous remarks against someone who is practically prevented from responding?

I sometimes why some posters bother to post here given that they hate everything associted with the club. For the record, I am very anti-Board and not keen on Gunn as a manager, but you can never take away his achievements as a player.

[/quote]

Spot on DF. I have never been behind Gunn as a manager, but he is a City icon. The best way to look at it is that posters who consistently resort to personal abuse and remarks which, were they not made from the anonymity of a keyboard, would see them in Court for libel, are just ignorant, inadequate people who should be pitied.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Delia et al will install whoever they want, regardless of fan/public opinion, just like they held onto Worthy too long despite opinion, just like installing Grant/Roeder despite opinion, and putting Gunn as interim manager despite opinion.

Chances are that if the Board want Gunn, then that''s who we''ll get - despite opinion...[/quote]How prophetic were those very words...