Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Super sky blues v barnsley match thread

Well Done Coventry.. its not enough though really is it?

next up for Barnsley is Wolves.. who need just 1 point for the title, Wolves, who are managed by Barnsley Boy Mick Mac, who will do anything he can to help Barnsley out...

play the kids anyone?

jas :)

So its all down to us on Monday night.

I keep telling you all that it aint over yet.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

well its not really is it.. Wins for Barnsley and forest on saturday will just about see us down.. i know we''d have 1 game to go but we dont have the stomach for a fight.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

well its not really is it.. Wins for Barnsley and forest on saturday will just about see us down.. i know we''d have 1 game to go but we dont have the stomach for a fight.

[/quote]

If Barnsley beat Wolves they deserve to stay up but I don''t think it likely.

We need the Plymouth Barnsley game to be meaningful for both teams otherwise they could play out a draw.

If we can beat Reading then the last day will be very exciting because Plymouth and Barnsley won''t be able to take it easy.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like you don''t have the stomach for it, for starters!  The last thing we need next week, if we aren''t out of it (as we now won''t be, whatever happens), is for people to be defeatist before we''ve kicked a ball.

In the same way that wins on Saturday for Forest and Barnsley are bad for us, so defeats for either is bad for them - and it is surely more likely that at least one of them will lose than both of them will win.  Barnsley in particular are hardly on stunning form, in terms of winning games, at least. 

It may even be that the best result for us on Sat is for Southampton to win to put us (temporarily) second bottom and prolong their involvement into their final game at Forest - that one could yet then turn into a "winner stays up" (or ''draw sees both relegated'') match.

Whatever, we need to win at least one of our last two games or we are, very likely, toast [technically right now, 2 draws with Barnsley losing both games would be enough].

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Plastic Scouser"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

Ward you beauty! 94th minute! We are still alive and kicking, amazingly! Not let this be the intervention that spurs us on. We''ve been down on our knees tonight, but we''re back up now.

[/quote]

Come on get a grip on reality.   We''re very much still down on our knees.   We go into the next 2 games relying on others for our survival.   We''re in this mess for obvious reasons.  If we are to escape it will be completely undeserved (yes it will be fantastic) and the perpetrators of the farcical season that we''ve had to endure will continue to sit in their ivory towers...

[:@]
[/quote]

Totally agree

[/quote]

Why will it be undeserved though? Why do we deserve it more than Forest, Barnsley or Plymouth? I don''t understand this thinking, I believe whoever stays up will deserve to.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Plastic Scouser"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

Ward you beauty! 94th minute! We are still alive and kicking, amazingly! Not let this be the intervention that spurs us on. We''ve been down on our knees tonight, but we''re back up now.

[/quote]Come on get a grip on reality.   We''re very much still down on our knees.   We go into the next 2 games relying on others for our survival.   We''re in this mess for obvious reasons.  If we are to escape it will be completely undeserved (yes it will be fantastic) and the perpetrators of the farcical season that we''ve had to endure will continue to sit in their ivory towers...[:@][/quote]

Totally agree

[/quote]

Why will it be undeserved though? Why do we deserve it more than Forest, Barnsley or Plymouth? I don''t understand this thinking, I believe whoever stays up will deserve to.

[/quote]Well, you''re obviously not a true supporter.Or, at least, a supporter of whatever team it is they support .....