Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

How do you feel?

[quote]

Numb mostly, but i''m gradually becoming a bit more stoic.

It''s not over yet, and we can still stay up. On the ball City!

[/quote]

that numb feeling is your medication kicking in you lunatic. also no doubt due to the straight jacket the men in white coats put you in.

The worst moment of the match was when the third goal went in - I just sat down in the stand feeling absoloutely devastated and couldn''t bear to watch the Ipswich celebrations. Have just moped around since I got home but am still doing all the "what if" permutations of the various matches in my head. The fat lady hasn''t taken to the stage yet.

My back hurts after standing in the train for so long.Could the day have got any worse!!![:$]

I just feel empty about it all really, watching the club I love go down the swanny. I wish I was surprised. We might be back, who knows? One thing''s for sure though, I''ll stick by them ''til me last breath.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]Gutted. Somehow I''m still clinging on to the fact that we might stay up though the possibility of that becomes less likely as we show our inconsistency each week. I''m just praying that Barnsley cock it up and we pull two good results out of the bag. Though I''m worried that this has now flattened the players, as well as us fans.[/quote]

Let''s hope so Nutty. I''m meant to be going back to Uni a week today...I can''t decide whether to delay it 36 hours and go to the Reading game Monday night....

Barnsley could cock it up Hoolahoop or they could cock it up for Plymouth.

[/quote]

Sick as a pig. I had hoped for a rousing performance even if it was to be a last hurrah in the Championship but it was not forthcoming. Reality of relegation has long since sunk in for me and this was my last hope for a high point this season. League 1 is not the end of the world and presents an opportunity for the club to get its house in order.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Feel numb too, but then again having resigned myself months ago that we will most likely be relegated, I guess it''s not such a bitter pill to swallow for me as it will be for someone who has kept the faith 100% that we won''t go down.[/quote]

This also sums up how I feel but is written more eloquently than I could manage. I have wanted to keep the faith but the last 2 seasons have shown us getting progressively worse until relegation eventually seemed inevitable. City Til I Die.......

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I still think we''re going to stay up. I always thought we were going to lose to Ipswich. Having been the last 2 (now 3) years. And I still think Barnsley will go down along with Southampton. If Barnsley lose to Wolves, which is very likely. They are one point better off with no games in hand. Anything could happen.[/quote]

Are you not forgetting that Barnsley play Coventry first?

So win that one and lose to Wolves and they could actually be 4 points clear with 1-game to play.

If this is the case and Forest pick up at least a point at Blackpool next Saturday, then lose to Reading and we are down before we even get to the last game of the season.

We are basically praying that all results go our way over the coming week to take things in to the last week of the season.

[quote user="Beauseant"]To be honest I''ve been resigned to relegation for a while, but it doesn''t make the reality any more palatable. Inevitably we are seeing lots of recrimination and blood letting today as we all let off steam,and, of course, its still not not definite. I will pick myself up for next Monday, and, if necessary, for life in League One. What I won''t do is spit my dummy and abandon the club I love. There will be good times again, and I''ll be there for them.[/quote][Y]

Absolutely gutted and very angry with the board for allowing the club to get in such a state.

[quote user="The Butler"]

I can''t seem to feel sad or angry just numb!

I have been waiting for this for several bad seasons watching the team decline on the field and morale decline off it.

I have no faith in any aspects at Carrow Road, from an inadequate amature board, through an inadequate well meaning manager to an inept bunch of second rate or loan players.

The pitch is in good nick, the ground looks good, we will be welcomed by every lowly team needing an attendance boost.That''s next season, but at present, as I say I just feel dead.[:''(]

[/quote]

Numb and very bitter myself Butler, I suppose it''ll pass..........eventually!