Sign in to follow this  
Aurelius

From Norwich to Stanstead (and viceversa)

Hi mates,

sorry to take advantage of your kindness and patience, but I''d need an information.

Having in mind to come to Norwich to back the Canaries in one of the next crucial home games, does anyone of you guys know if there is a train that goes directly from Norwich to London Stanstead? And if not, do the trains from Norwich arrive to Liverpool Station?

Thank you very much in advance, mates...

Not direct, but you needn''t go back into London. You could take the train from Stansted to Ely and then from there to Norwich. It would take approx 2 hours.

This website is pretty good... www.thetrainline.com

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Not direct, but you needn''t go back into London. You could take the train from Stansted to Ely and then from there to Norwich. It would take approx 2 hours.

This website is pretty good... www.thetrainline.com

[/quote]

There used to be a coach that ran to and from Stanstead to Norwich Bus Station. Surely this still runs ?

I do this journey regularly. It''s a piece of cake.

Stansted  -> Cambridge (It''s the Birmingham New Street service)

Cambridge -> Norwich

I''ve used thetrainline.com before but if you can book tickets in advance, you seem to be able to get a discount using this site :  www.raileasy.co.uk

Getting the next available train at Cambrdige to Ely may help as the Cross-Country trains to Norwich call there, as well as the Cambridge - Norwich service too, or have I just complicated things?

Several companies run services from Stansted including:

National Express: Services into London and out to the rest of the UK. UK routes include:
Other destinations may require changing at Victoria Station in London
717 - Cambridge,
Bus Number .........727 -  Thetford, Norwich, every two hours direct.
737 - Hemel Hempstead, High Wycombe, Oxford, every 2 hours
757 -  to Hemel Hempstead, High Wycombe and Oxford every two hours.
767 - Nottingham, Leicester, Luton,  every 2-3 hours
777 - to Luton, Milton Keynes, Coventry and Birmingham. Up to every two hours.
797 -  to Heathrow, Gatwick and Brighton every two hours.

National Express Airport links the main London airports to Norwich with a regular direct service – up to 10 times a day from Stansted, Heathrow and Gatwick airports.

For fares and times: 08705 80 80 80
or click here

There are also many national coach companies who organise day trips and over night stays to Norwich and the surrounding area.

Thank you very much mates for being so kind and helpful.

This site is better than a travel agency.... :-)

I think the train from Cambridge to Stansted would be perfect, except for the fact that I didn''t find this option on www.trainonline.com. There is only London International, not London Stansted. As in London there are many airports, I wonder which one is called London International in the train hour.....

I''m still not sure, mate, I hope Watford or Reading. But I''m projecting to make a trip to Norwich in advance, on April 6, with other two members of our fansclub, just to visit the city and what will be an empty Carrow Road, if it''ll be possible (not found this option on the official site, though).

P.S. Finally, I found trains that go from Stansted to Norwich via Cambridge on the site of the Cross Country Trains.

Yes.My family originate from Parma and Piacenza so the other side of the country to you. It''s glorious up there in the mountains, why they ever emigrated to London I''ll never understand! If they''d stayed I could have my own olive farm now [;)]

[quote user="Aurelius"]I''m still not sure, mate, I hope Watford or Reading. But I''m projecting to make a trip to Norwich in advance, on April 6, with other two members of our fansclub, just to visit the city and what will be an empty Carrow Road, if it''ll be possible (not found this option on the official site, though). P.S. Finally, I found trains that go from Stansted to Norwich via Cambridge on the site of the Cross Country Trains.[/quote]

Aurelius, I assume you are flying Ryanair from Venise on the 6th of April arriving at 10:55 am ( prices are at the moment at 10 Euros incl of taxes). Unfortunately you will have to pay 3 times more for a return ticket to Norwich from Stansted. If you lucky enough and have not a delay then you can take the 11:25 via Cambridge arriving the fine city at 13:30. The next option is 12:25 via Ely arriving at 14:30 . Both just in time for a decent pint at the coach and horses outside the station. ( thorpe rd). Prices for train journey are £25.10 if you buy in advance. Its only £27 on the day.

I suggest you look at www.travelodge.co.uk for a room in Norwich. Probably about £50 a night for a room for 3.

Hope this is helpful

Ciao,

[quote user="LQ"]Yes.My family originate from Parma and Piacenza so the other side of the country to you. It''s glorious up there in the mountains, why they ever emigrated to London I''ll never understand! If they''d stayed I could have my own olive farm now [;)][/quote]We re not too far from Parma, mate, about 200 km..... And Parma is a fine city too..... Cheers.....

[quote user="SI"]

[quote user="Aurelius"]I''m still not sure, mate, I hope Watford or Reading. But I''m projecting to make a trip to Norwich in advance, on April 6, with other two members of our fansclub, just to visit the city and what will be an empty Carrow Road, if it''ll be possible (not found this option on the official site, though). P.S. Finally, I found trains that go from Stansted to Norwich via Cambridge on the site of the Cross Country Trains.[/quote]

Aurelius, I assume you are flying Ryanair from Venise on the 6th of April arriving at 10:55 am ( prices are at the moment at 10 Euros incl of taxes). Unfortunately you will have to pay 3 times more for a return ticket to Norwich from Stansted. If you lucky enough and have not a delay then you can take the 11:25 via Cambridge arriving the fine city at 13:30. The next option is 12:25 via Ely arriving at 14:30 . Both just in time for a decent pint at the coach and horses outside the station. ( thorpe rd). Prices for train journey are £25.10 if you buy in advance. Its only £27 on the day.

I suggest you look at www.travelodge.co.uk for a room in Norwich. Probably about £50 a night for a room for 3.

Hope this is helpful

Ciao,

[/quote]Ciao!!!!! :-)Thank you very much, actually  I''ll arrive from London  where I''ll go to meet some friends of mine that work there.Anyhow, I jotted down the Coach and horses in Thorpe Rd, and I''m going to search an accomodation on the website that you have kindly pointed out.

[quote user="SI"]

Hope this is helpful

Ciao,

[/quote]BEST SIGNATURE EVER