Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

pay the players a league 1 wage if we drop down...

lets not make the same mistake as when we got relegated from the prem - and continue to pay the players on the same rate...imo - only hucks and deano were genuine prem players and probably deserved to get prem wages when we got relegated - but the rest were average champs players at best and should have had their pay cut accordingly...so - this time around - lets make sure these ''chumps'' players get a league 1 wage - with the promise of a nice chunky bonus upon promotion...chase used to pay an average wage but a decent win bonus didn''t he...lets get back to properly rewarding the players for good performances and wins - not mollycoddling them from the word go...if they don''t like it - then they can find another club - just like the doc tried too last term (cue tumbleweed) - yeah - in todays greater economic woes - they might find it more tricky to get other clubs interested...pay em a cheap basic - and reward them mightily for success...you know it makes sense???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]lets not make the same mistake as when we got relegated from the prem - and continue to pay the players on the same rate...imo - only hucks and deano were genuine prem players and probably deserved to get prem wages when we got relegated - but the rest were average champs players at best and should have had their pay cut accordingly...

so - this time around - lets make sure these ''chumps'' players get a league 1 wage - with the promise of a nice chunky bonus upon promotion...chase used to pay an average wage but a decent win bonus didn''t he...lets get back to properly rewarding the players for good performances and wins - not mollycoddling them from the word go...if they don''t like it - then they can find another club - just like the doc tried too last term (cue tumbleweed) - yeah - in todays greater economic woes - they might find it more tricky to get other clubs interested...

pay em a cheap basic - and reward them mightily for success...you know it makes sense???
[/quote]

I always assumed that wages were linked to promotion and relegation - I''m sure ND said so during a NCISA meeting at the time of going up.  So those that came down may have had their pay trimmed anyway.  Correct me if that''s not the case.

But we have paid silly wages for new signings post-relegation, such as Thorne, Fotheringham, and loans like Hartson, Sibierski, etc.

i concur, and if they dont accept a pay-cut - let them leave! the whole squad is on the verge of needing a complete overhaul as it is.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]There won''t be many left, so the wage bill should be cheap as chips [:)][/quote]

Next seasons club photo is arranged to be taken in the photo booth in Boots on St.Stephens at 2.30pm on 7th August!

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]There won''t be many left, so the wage bill should be cheap as chips [:)][/quote]

Next seasons club photo is arranged to be taken in the photo booth in Boots on St.Stephens at 2.30pm on 7th August!

[/quote]

LMFAO[:D]

[quote user="JJ"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]lets not make the same mistake as when we got relegated from the prem - and continue to pay the players on the same rate...imo - only hucks and deano were genuine prem players and probably deserved to get prem wages when we got relegated - but the rest were average champs players at best and should have had their pay cut accordingly...so - this time around - lets make sure these ''chumps'' players get a league 1 wage - with the promise of a nice chunky bonus upon promotion...chase used to pay an average wage but a decent win bonus didn''t he...lets get back to properly rewarding the players for good performances and wins - not mollycoddling them from the word go...if they don''t like it - then they can find another club - just like the doc tried too last term (cue tumbleweed) - yeah - in todays greater economic woes - they might find it more tricky to get other clubs interested...pay em a cheap basic - and reward them mightily for success...you know it makes sense???[/quote]

I always assumed that wages were linked to promotion and relegation - I''m sure ND said so during a NCISA meeting at the time of going up.  So those that came down may have had their pay trimmed anyway.  Correct me if that''s not the case.

But we have paid silly wages for new signings post-relegation, such as Thorne, Fotheringham, and loans like Hartson, Sibierski, etc.

[/quote]yeah - from what i remember - the players contracts did allow for city to adjust the players wages back to champs levels upon relegation - but didn''t worthy recommend to the board we continue to pay a prem rate while we had the 2 seasons prem chute income??? could be wrong...but regardless - imo - it makes sense to pay less basic and good bonuses,,,

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]

lets not make the same mistake as when we got relegated from the prem - and continue to pay the players on the same rate 

[/quote]

We didn''t, if the club is to be believed.  We were told at the time that when we were promoted they were offered new deals with an automatic wage cut if we didn''t stay up.

[quote user="mystic megson is back "]

lets not make the same mistake as when we got relegated from the prem - and continue to pay the players on the same rate 

[/quote]

We didn''t, if the club is to be believed.  We were told at the time that when we were promoted they were offered new deals with an automatic wage cut if we didn''t stay up.

[/quote]did a spot of citizen journo mm...copied the below quote off a blog,,,not sure how reliable it is - but i''m sure i heard the same at the time - so thats why i posted it///"the board believed that it should back the judgement of former manager

Nigel Worthington and did so, sanctioning player wages during 2005/6

which were only marginally lower than during our year in the Premier

League".

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="mystic megson is back "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

did a spot of citizen journo mm...copied the below quote off a blog,,,not sure how reliable it is - but i''m sure i heard the same at the time - so thats why i posted it///

"the board believed that it should back the judgement of former manager Nigel Worthington and did so, sanctioning player wages during 2005/6 which were only marginally lower than during our year in the Premier League".
[/quote]

Interesting if true.  Makes me wonder if the signings we made that summer (Hughes, Jarrett, Louis-Jean, etc) were on a similar pay-scale.

[quote user="JJ"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="mystic megson is back "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

did a spot of citizen journo mm...copied the below quote off a blog,,,not sure how reliable it is - but i''m sure i heard the same at the time - so thats why i posted it///"the board believed that it should back the judgement of former manager Nigel Worthington and did so, sanctioning player wages during 2005/6 which were only marginally lower than during our year in the Premier League".[/quote]

Interesting if true.  Makes me wonder if the signings we made that summer (Hughes, Jarrett, Louis-Jean, etc) were on a similar pay-scale.

[/quote]yep - thought crossed my mind too - maybe that''s why we attracted so many journeymen in...yep - only the genius of worthy would be to ditch eddy and helveg - and replace them with mlj and colin,,,jonson (who publically wanted to stay) and bently with marney,,,holty with hughesy and jarrett...svensson with thorne...ouch,,,all that quality gone and replaced with dross - and on GOOD money!!! no wonder the crowd went for him---and now its the turn of board methinks...

Virtually every player will leave bar the youngsters so we will have a marvelous opportunity to start from scratch and get some proper financial management into the club