Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Protesting outside the ground?

Does it harm the team?

It didnt do southampton or Ipswich much harm did it?!

Lets back the boys on tuesday inside the ground but let the board feel the wrath on the outside.

What other teams would put up with this crap?!

Im always optimistic, but im down in the dumps and fed up now.

From my quote from a Burnley fan thread"

"Burnley are a far smaller club right now than Norwich yet our fans

simply would not put up with the same crap you have been doing..... it

seems the Norwich way is to whine and whine but in the end just lie

down and take it.""We are currently sitting watching our team be destroyed and all we do is whinge

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]From my quote from a Burnley fan thread
" "Burnley are a far smaller club right now than Norwich yet our fans simply would not put up with the same crap you have been doing..... it seems the Norwich way is to whine and whine but in the end just lie down and take it.""

We are currently sitting watching our team be destroyed and all we do is whinge

[/quote]

Spot on Thain. Im prepared to join those who are prepared to vent there anger OUTSIDE the ground on tuesday.

Yes im a fan, no im not going to stay away and im gonna give the boys all the support i can inside the ground.

I think it''s time for protesting tbh. It can''t harm the team, they''re already playing at rock bottom.What have we got to lose?No other supporters would have put up with so much crap for so long.

any protest will result in the usual "in fighting", i am afraid. There are still to many "keep the faithers" who think that Delia and her muppets can do no wrong and if were not for her there would be no norwich city football club. Start an anti Delia chant in E block on tuesday night and see what i mean. Pitiful.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I think it''s time for protesting tbh. It can''t harm the team, they''re already playing at rock bottom.
What have we got to lose?

No other supporters would have put up with so much crap for so long.
[/quote]

So when are you arranging it for then?

[quote user="seat124"]

any protest will result in the usual "in fighting", i am afraid. There are still to many "keep the faithers" who think that Delia and her muppets can do no wrong and if were not for her there would be no norwich city football club. Start an anti Delia chant in E block on tuesday night and see what i mean. Pitiful.

[/quote]

Exactly, it''s like trying to swim against a strong current, it''s bloody hard work trying to get fans to boycott matches let alone protest. 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I think it''s time for protesting tbh. It can''t harm the team, they''re already playing at rock bottom.What have we got to lose?No other supporters would have put up with so much crap for so long.[/quote]

[/quote]Shouldn''t be up to the supporters. The supporters club should be the ones in charge.And I protest every week in my own little way. I don''t go.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I think it''s time for protesting tbh. It can''t harm the team, they''re already playing at rock bottom.
What have we got to lose?

No other supporters would have put up with so much crap for so long.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Shouldn''t be up to the supporters. The supporters club should be the ones in charge.
And I protest every week in my own little way. I don''t go.
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhhh right, so you don''t go to matches, but are quite content to let others arrange a protest, all making sense now lol.

Seriously I was one of the many involved with the Chase protests, it''s not as easy as it seems to try and get supporters to protest.

Might as well now, as it seems nothing else is going to work…Some of the reason we put up with it is due to the nature of some of the folk that attend (some of the opponents to probing questions on Thursday night were testament to that)… Norfolk people aren''t really that rebellious are they (well not since Robert Kett… and the Chase Out days)?To be honest, I couldn''t really give a flying frig if there is no-one to step into the void anymore, because to put it simply, can it really be any worse than what is happening at the moment?Time to be honest and accept that where we are today is the inevitable culmination of the last 3 or 4 years, and it appears to me that our ''leaders'' have no idea how to arrest the slide. Thursday evening was a real eye-opener for me… there quite simply is no longer term vision than staying up… after that, I think they have absolutely no idea!The other reason that there is no real protest is the lack of organisation. When the Chase Out protests started, there was a team of people that got together and made it happen. Unless it is properly organised, it can quickly become fractured and split and then it loses its natural energy… namely numbers / force of will.So, sadly… unless someone is prepared to do what Roy Blower and the likes did against Fat Bob, then it will remain under-powered and not taken seriously enough.And finally, it will need people to be prepared to get nicked for the cause… because if you really wish to change things through protest, then they need to be long and persistent… and that attracts Old Bill.Hope that helps?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I think it''s time for protesting tbh. It can''t harm the team, they''re already playing at rock bottom.What have we got to lose?No other supporters would have put up with so much crap for so long.[/quote]

[/quote]Shouldn''t be up to the supporters. The supporters club should be the ones in charge.And I protest every week in my own little way. I don''t go.[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhhh right, so you don''t go to matches, but are quite content to let others arrange a protest, all making sense now lol.

Seriously I was one of the many involved with the Chase protests, it''s not as easy as it seems to try and get supporters to protest.

[/quote]I would attend a protest in a heartbeat, don''t get me wrong. But I simply cannot afford £25 a week to go and get depressed for 2 hours. I spend that money more wisely on food and bills.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Might as well now, as it seems nothing else is going to work…

Some of the reason we put up with it is due to the nature of some of the folk that attend (some of the opponents to probing questions on Thursday night were testament to that)… Norfolk people aren''t really that rebellious are they (well not since Robert Kett… and the Chase Out days)?

To be honest, I couldn''t really give a flying frig if there is no-one to step into the void anymore, because to put it simply, can it really be any worse than what is happening at the moment?

Time to be honest and accept that where we are today is the inevitable culmination of the last 3 or 4 years, and it appears to me that our ''leaders'' have no idea how to arrest the slide. Thursday evening was a real eye-opener for me… there quite simply is no longer term vision than staying up… after that, I think they have absolutely no idea!

The other reason that there is no real protest is the lack of organisation. When the Chase Out protests started, there was a team of people that got together and made it happen. Unless it is properly organised, it can quickly become fractured and split and then it loses its natural energy… namely numbers / force of will.

So, sadly… unless someone is prepared to do what Roy Blower and the likes did against Fat Bob, then it will remain under-powered and not taken seriously enough.

And finally, it will need people to be prepared to get nicked for the cause… because if you really wish to change things through protest, then they need to be long and persistent… and that attracts Old Bill.

Hope that helps?
[/quote]

To be honest protests will happen naturally.  People find breaking points at different time.

I am more than happy to protest after the game.

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?[/quote]I may be wrong as I wasn''t about in the Chase Out days due to being too young but I think he rallied the troops outside the ground and stuck his head on the line to make sure the protests acheived their outcome.

[quote user="seat124"]

[/quote]

spot on mate..... there is lots of arguing between fans at the moment and it will be the same for the rest of the season..... there is a big divide between pro board and anti board...

no he did not. He protested and thought that he encouraged people not to go to games and then proceeded to watch the game "live" in scores as i believe it was called then. He was NOT instrumental in getting rid of chase no matter what he and his hangers on may like to think.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?
[/quote]
I may be wrong as I wasn''t about in the Chase Out days due to being too young but I think he rallied the troops outside the ground and stuck his head on the line to make sure the protests acheived their outcome.
[/quote]

That''s quite a myth, it was fan''s on the terraces that started it, he may have been one of the hangers on but we, the grass root fans got the ball rolling.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?[/quote]I may be wrong as I wasn''t about in the Chase Out days due to being too young but I think he rallied the troops outside the ground and stuck his head on the line to make sure the protests acheived their outcome.[/quote]

That''s quite a myth, it was fan''s on the terraces that started it, he may have been one of the hangers on but we, the grass root fans got the ball rolling.

[/quote]Well as I said I wasn''t around at the time so all I have is hearsay to go on

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?[/quote]I may be wrong as I wasn''t about in the Chase Out days due to being too young but I think he rallied the troops outside the ground and stuck his head on the line to make sure the protests acheived their outcome.[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t think a protest needs to be planned. If there''s going to be a protest, it''ll probably happen spontaneously when things get really bad - and I''m sure that could well happen on Tuesday night. 2 or 3 nil down with five minutes to go should be enough to light the blue touch paper on Tuesday night.

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?[/quote]I wasn''t at the earliest organisational stage… I simply got involved in organising petitions for him outside every turnstile (I know, it seems quaint now doesn''t it) which led to a couple of sly punches to the back of my head (when I was facing the other direction) and some gobbing in my face too (an old woman none the less… really rather vile!)… but gradually it took on a momentum of its own.Roy was very successful in using the press to spread the word and also he managed to organise a couple of big meetings at St Andrew''s Hall, which were fantastically well attended. And then, you add in the gun powder of young buggers like myself (at the time) getting a bit uppity during the game, and letting people know that you''re headed for the main entrance after the game, and before you know it, there is a sizeable gathering. Its no good doing that bit any other time apart from during the game, as it relies on people being hot-headed and not necessarily thinking about the actions that they are about to take… when the blood is up so to speak!And before you know it, the Met have arrived and it all kicks off…Now all flippancy aside, I would have thought that Delia and Co would not like to see that sort of thing happening… its very much like a civil war, it splits friends. Its never pleasant.But it might focus her attention on wether she really wants to remain in charge of such a poisoned atmosphere!Think that covers it!The one thing to bear in mind, was the last protests lasted months, we don''t have that many games left!

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?
[/quote]
I may be wrong as I wasn''t about in the Chase Out days due to being too young but I think he rallied the troops outside the ground and stuck his head on the line to make sure the protests acheived their outcome.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well as I said I wasn''t around at the time so all I have is hearsay to go on
[/quote]

It was quite something I tell you, not in a nice way as there were fan against fan.  I was spat at and punched by Chase supporters for protesting to get him gone.

[quote user="Beds Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think a protest needs to be planned. If there''s going to be a protest, it''ll probably happen spontaneously when things get really bad - and I''m sure that could well happen on Tuesday night.

2 or 3 nil down with five minutes to go should be enough to light the blue touch paper on Tuesday night.
[/quote]

Totally agree

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?[/quote]I wasn''t at the earliest organisational stage… I simply got involved in organising petitions for him outside every turnstile (I know, it seems quaint now doesn''t it) which led to a couple of sly punches to the back of my head (when I was facing the other direction) and some gobbing in my face too (an old woman none the less… really rather vile!)… but gradually it took on a momentum of its own.Roy was very successful in using the press to spread the word and also he managed to organise a couple of big meetings at St Andrew''s Hall, which were fantastically well attended. And then, you add in the gun powder of young buggers like myself (at the time) getting a bit uppity during the game, and letting people know that you''re headed for the main entrance after the game, and before you know it, there is a sizeable gathering. Its no good doing that bit any other time apart from during the game, as it relies on people being hot-headed and not necessarily thinking about the actions that they are about to take… when the blood is up so to speak!And before you know it, the Met have arrived and it all kicks off…Now all flippancy aside, I would have thought that Delia and Co would not like to see that sort of thing happening… its very much like a civil war, it splits friends. Its never pleasant.But it might focus her attention on wether she really wants to remain in charge of such a poisoned atmosphere!Think that covers it!The one thing to bear in mind, was the last protests lasted months, we don''t have that many games left![/quote]We need some people to stand up then. Not be afraid to get the abuse that will follow and try and get the message across. We need an experience head to start it and I''m certainly willing to be one of the "young buggers" to help it along

[/quote]
[/quote]

Let me say that the Chase out days were depressing, but nothing like what we are going through righ nowThis club, My club has been in Constant decline under the leadership of this board, many times I have said 12 YEARS they have been here, with TEN years of struggle, no ambition, no interest in the football side, only the CAFE business, this board have yet again picked another scapegoat, they should be made aware of the fact that it''s there fault no one elses, I f we protest before, during, or after, I will be there. This club is our''s not thiers.  

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?
[/quote]

I wasn''t at the earliest organisational stage… I simply got involved in organising petitions for him outside every turnstile (I know, it seems quaint now doesn''t it) which led to a couple of sly punches to the back of my head (when I was facing the other direction) and some gobbing in my face too (an old woman none the less… really rather vile!)… but gradually it took on a momentum of its own.

Roy was very successful in using the press to spread the word and also he managed to organise a couple of big meetings at St Andrew''s Hall, which were fantastically well attended. And then, you add in the gun powder of young buggers like myself (at the time) getting a bit uppity during the game, and letting people know that you''re headed for the main entrance after the game, and before you know it, there is a sizeable gathering. Its no good doing that bit any other time apart from during the game, as it relies on people being hot-headed and not necessarily thinking about the actions that they are about to take… when the blood is up so to speak!

And before you know it, the Met have arrived and it all kicks off…

Now all flippancy aside, I would have thought that Delia and Co would not like to see that sort of thing happening… its very much like a civil war, it splits friends. Its never pleasant.
But it might focus her attention on wether she really wants to remain in charge of such a poisoned atmosphere!

Think that covers it!

The one thing to bear in mind, was the last protests lasted months, we don''t have that many games left!

[/quote]

We need some people to stand up then. Not be afraid to get the abuse that will follow and try and get the message across. We need an experience head to start it and I''m certainly willing to be one of the "young buggers" to help it along
[/quote]

Indeed, i''m not afraid of the abuse, been there, done that.

Feelings need to reach fever pitch, that is the right time IMHO.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Let me say that the Chase out days were depressing, but nothing like what we are going through righ nowThis club, My club has been in Constant decline under the leadership of this board, many times I have said 12 YEARS they have been here, with TEN years of struggle, no ambition, no interest in the football side, only the CAFE business, this board have yet again picked another scapegoat, they should be made aware of the fact that it''s there fault no one elses, I f we protest before, during, or after, I will be there. This club is our''s not thiers.  

[/quote]

Agreed, and it''s about time we fans took back our club.

Lose agaisnt Cardiff and it should reach fever pitch. If fans can keep supporting the board after that they truly are deluded.

Oooo we can''t protest, in or outside of the ground, we can''t hurt the poor players'' feelings can we?

People who still believe this and stick up for the board, bloody idiots the lot of you.