Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

New squad photo..

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Anyone know of/got any links to the new squad photo which was in the centre pages of the match programme last Saturday???[/quote]

What an ugly bunch!!! Lappin looks like an escaped prisoner, Eagle looks like he''s shooting a shampoo ad & Lathrope seems to be choking on a peanut!!

Seriously though, are we going to shoot a new squad piccie every month, with all our loans a-coming and going??

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Time was when a team photo hardly changed from year to year with the same faces every season - now we need two a year just to keep up!!
[/quote]

All you have to do is have a look at the NCFC player stats which back that up: our current top scorer is Curo with just 20 career goals for the club, and only 3 players have played 100 times for us (Doc, Drury, Rusty) [+ I guess Shacks for the short time he''s here].  You''d normally expect there to be a several ''stalwarts'' in any era, but sadly not for us at the moment....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Time was when a team photo hardly changed from year to year with the same faces every season - now we need two a year just to keep up!!
[/quote]

All you have to do is have a look at the NCFC player stats which back that up: our current top scorer is Curo with just 20 career goals for the club, and only 3 players have played 100 times for us (Doc, Drury, Rusty) [+ I guess Shacks for the short time he''s here].  You''d normally expect there to be a several ''stalwarts'' in any era, but sadly not for us at the moment....

[/quote]

Times have changed.  Some clubs get through about a manager a year as well........................

Just heard from a source that next years team photo is going to be done by Royal Mail, apparently they''ll foot the bill in return for the rights to use it on a postage stamp.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Time was when a team photo hardly changed from year to year with the same faces every season - now we need two a year just to keep up!![/quote]

[/quote]

Times have changed.  Some clubs get through about a manager a year as well........................

[/quote]Indeed but I would solely place all of our recent league form down to team management as well as club management. Letting players go without replacing them is not a risk it is simply foolish.We never replaced Fleming or Charlton and were left with Doherty and Shackell. Now don''t get me wrong - I am simply trying to say that every team needs competition. It seems next season we will be looking at Doherty, Spillaine and Stefanovic. Out of those Stef is probably into his last season or so and Doherty is the only experienced player at this level. In the mean time we have spent millions in attacking options that have failed to cut the mustard - either in wages and fees for loan players or flops of permanent players and even players that were never given a propper chance. Actually throw into that midfield players as well. Just simply too much change and none of it seemingly good.Why did we let Brown go? The guy can not have been expencive wage wise and again we never replaced him and instead the manager is left begging a 38 year old not to hang up his boots.Cam - I know other clubs chop and change but most of them can afford to - we can not which makes it all the more important that the club and the manager get it right. For all of the hatred he picked up at least Worthington was able to operate on a shoe-string budget and bring in reliable players like Holt - I think even Doherty has proven why he was signed.