Sign in to follow this  
ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

DONT SHOOT THE REF.

How can you blame the ref for our display on Saturday.Barnsley could have scored for goals in the first half,was that the refs fault?. What we should be concerned about is our defending and our happless goal keeper who has now given two goals away in the last two games it is easy to blame the ref we should be more concerned about what is going to happen to our wonderful football club if the worst happens and we go down.

[quote user="NEIL HOWARD"]

How can you blame the ref for our display on Saturday.Barnsley could have scored for goals in the first half,was that the refs fault?. What we should be concerned about is our defending and our happless goal keeper who has now given two goals away in the last two games it is easy to blame the ref we should be more concerned about what is going to happen to our wonderful football club if the worst happens and we go down.

[/quote]

Barnsley??

[quote user="ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE"]

[/quote]thought we beat them 4:0 a few weeks ago...lol

[/quote]agreed on the day BRISTOL were the better team...but we should of had at least 2 stone wall pens...1 first half when thier defender turned into a keeper...and the drury one...andy asshole had a nighmare and totally ruined the game imo

[/quote]We had 2 clear penalties turned down! Any neutral Ref would of given them, and we would of won 3-2. Thats why many people are blaming the Ref. I would like to add that D''urso is one of the worst Ref''s i have ever seen!

It''s irrelevant who the best team was - the best team doesn''t always win but you need a good referee to make sure the right decisions are taken. I thought City were terrible in the first 15 minutes but played reasonably well after that. Bristol City aren''t a bad side either but I don''t think they would have complained about a draw.

And if the ref had not been conned in to giving you a free kick for a dive you would not have scored - swings and roundabouts.

[quote user="s.bcity"]And if the ref had not been conned in to giving you a free kick for a dive you would not have scored - swings and roundabouts.[/quote]

A free kick is a little bit different than a penalty! 2 clear penalties not given! Your team were awful second half against 10 men and they certainly didn''t deserve the win!!!!!!

Why is it different, you scored from a poor decision where one of your players dived,  Us being awfull in the 2nd half says more about your side than it does mine.

[quote user="s.bcity"]And if the ref had not been conned in to giving you a free kick for a dive you would not have scored - swings and roundabouts.[/quote]Fuck off back to your own forum?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="s.bcity"]And if the ref had not been conned in to giving you a free kick for a dive you would not have scored - swings and roundabouts.[/quote]
Fuck off back to your own forum?
[/quote]

Gotta love the tactfullness hehehehe

ha ha hard internet warrior, your the sort that has to tell people to **** off on a forum behind a keyboard rather than to their face!

[quote user="s.bcity"]ha ha hard internet warrior, your the sort that has to tell people to **** off on a forum behind a keyboard rather than to their face![/quote]Sorry, but few of us here would leave our homes and travel up to Bristol just to tell you to go back to your own internet forum.

[quote user="colneycanary"]

[quote user="s.bcity"]And if the ref had not been conned in to giving you a free kick for a dive you would not have scored - swings and roundabouts.[/quote]

A free kick is a little bit different than a penalty! 2 clear penalties not given! Your team were awful second half against 10 men and they certainly didn''t deserve the win!!!!!!

[/quote]I beg to differ, they deserved all three points from their 1st half performance alone - best 45 minutes of football I''ve seen this season from an away team.  Shame they seem to have got a bit of Curetonitis in the final third.Perhaps we could let Jamie Lad shoot the ref.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Perhaps we could let Jamie Lad shoot the ref.[/quote]He''d only miss! [:S][/quote]

SSSSSSSSShhhhhh.

Wiz might hear you.

No one is blaming the ref for our performance, we''re blaming him for not doing his job properly.

We should have had a penalty and the Doc should not have been sent off as he got the ball first.

Our performance was crap.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="s.bcity"]And if the ref had not been conned in to giving you a free kick for a dive you would not have scored - swings and roundabouts.[/quote]
Fuck off back to your own forum?
[/quote]

No need for that really, everyone''s entitled to their opinions.

Personally, i agree with the opening post, it''s too easy to blame the ref and ignore what was a very poor performance. Yes, Durso was pretty awful on Saturday with most decisions, but to be honest on saturday i thought that Durso was correct about their penalty and the sending off, and i thought he was correct about Drury''s penalty claim, but subsequent replays since then have shown he may have been wrong about both. So what? People make mistakes, this is why video replays must be brought into the modern game, but that''s a separate issue.