Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Never say die at Carrow road!

...Remember that?? Never say die!!! ...NEVER SAY DIE AT CARROW ROAD!!

NEVER    SAY     DIE!!!!!!!!!! 

Where''s it gone eh?? 

Look at our league position, look at the games in hand teams have on us... Hell, we could all come on here tonight and post how we''re going down, the club is doomed and the board should be sacked.... 

Ok, so off you go, make the post....  Subject... ermm.. "We''ve had it!!!".. Yeah that will look good and get a read.

Done?

Excellent.... Now what?  

Feel good? I bet you do... You know that you''re probably going to be right don''t you?  ...That prediction, that post you just made...  Oh.... That feels great doesnt it!!  Well done.

All you''ve got to do now is wait for the next match, probably be a win or a draw so you can come back later and post how correct you were in your prediction... Superb!!  It kinda takes away the crap that''s actually going on doesn''t it?  Hides the worry that you have for the club, the emptiness you felt a few hours previous when the opposition scored in the 89th minute..... Still, you''re spot on! You''ve made your feelings known and you won''t look a prat after we''ve been relegated!!!  Thats gotta be worth something, right?!

Wooooaaahh! Time flies! ..Not looking good.. 4 games left and it''s been back to back defeats now, it''s mathematically impossible to stay up if Norwich lose tomorrow!!

Hmmm.. What to post tonight?, it''s been a bit depressing on there lately, Everything''s that needed to be said has been, Maybe it will all change and the team will hit a 4-win streak and edge safety...  Although look around, everyone''s so depressed.. The gates are down, there''s been protests at the last 4 matches... It''s clear there''s no buyers for the club, yet everyone still protest!!   But for what?   Ipswich, Reading and Charlton to play after this.. So much to think about, Probably just go to bed.

Work Work Work! Probably not worth attending the match tonight is it?  I expect you''re feelin tired... Mind you, you''ve already paid for your seat so would be silly wasting the money... Oh sod it, Cheese on toast and jump in the car!

Same ol'' car journey, probably have those idiots behind you complaining all match, they''re right in what they say though aren''t they? Fotheringham is bloody useless yet the manager picks him, Doherty can''t help but hang his arms all over the opposition whenever the ball comes in, Hoolahan just gives the ball away when he tries his fancy stuff and Not to mention all the blinking loan players.  In fact why don''t you just sit there with them and complain all match.  Should have done it when they first voiced their concern really. It''s just not on!!! It''s so obvious and everyone must be thinking it, so why don''t they just go ahead and say it?

Oh look out there, quick! out your car window, there''s a family going in.... What have they got to be so bloody cheerful about?  "Kids get in for a quid today!" The dad shouts, must have seen your Norwich air freshner.... Hmph must be dreadful turnout tonight if they''re playing that card again... "Remember me ol'' man taking me!! Haven''t missed a game since and it''s my little''uns 8th birthday, thought i''d let him have a taste while we''re still 2nd tier! Things aren''t looking too good!!" he laughs.

How can they be so happy? You''re sure to get relegated today!!!

Ahh, fortress Carrow Road, Here we are!... There''s Charles on the entrance.. Probably thinking about his job no doubt.. Poor old sod..  Go on, say something... ask him what he thinks the result''s gonna be..  "Fans are up for this one mate!! Not seen it so electric up here since the Ipswich match."   Look around, he''s right! Watford are having a right banter with the home supporters.. You can''t help yourself... "GOING DOWN! GOING DOWN! GOING DOWN!".. you join in as you take your seat.  Ah yes, this is how it should be every week!!

"I expect fotheringham''s in as usual".. You hear the guy behind you.. Players haven''t even come out yet and he''s complaining... Say something, i dare you!  "PUT A SOCK IN IT!!", oh my god!! Did you just shout that?!  You nutcase... Still, they''ve gone quiet... don''t turn round, it will look too obvious it was you.  So what if he''s playing, he may play well tonight..  "City! City! City!"... You get caught up in the atmosphere..  Yeah... Have some of that scumbags!

Heyup! Players are coming out.. The cheer is deafening!! GET IN THERE! OH YES!  "Yellows! Yellows! Yellows!"....

It''s been a good match so far, don''t you agree?  Atmosphere is electric and the team really seem up for it.

Oh!!! Doc''s just made a critical tackle! Certain goal otherwise!! "Oh my lord, he didnt take the man out".. Oh, it''s the voice from behind again.   Just ignore them...   "Doc! Doc! Doc!"... You loon! Sit down, you can get arrested for yelling for a doc! Oh wait, listen to that... The whole of the Barclay is singing it now... Get in! You started that! That''ll shut the tit up behind you.  Amazing realy, a single voice instantly multiplied into several thousand within seconds!   Look at you, you''ve got a huge grin on your face!  You''re really enjoying this match aren''t you?

Stand up!! You won''t be able to see otherwise!! Hoolahan''s breaking through 3 defenders.. OH THATS GOTTA BE A FOUL!!! ...Yell, go on! Put some pressure on the ref!! Thats it!!  YES! Yellow card! And a freekick outside the area!!  "Shoulda been off, Ref!" ok, ok, steady on.. Dont get too carried away.

"Get the nets out, Fotheringhams taking the freekick... what a waste!!".. Yup, him again... He''s really putting a downer on the day isnt he? I bet fozzy would be able to hit his mouth from the half line if he had the chance..  heh, don''t laugh, you''ll look mad.  Come''on fozzy, come''on... will it in, concentrate... Ha! Look down...You got your lucky socks on today, not worn them for a while have you? Yeah, just a coincidence, sure... Geez, when was the last match, was that...  must''ve bee.. OHMYGOD!! What just happened!? We''ve scored!!!  WE''VE SCORED!! What happened though...!!??  "EFFING GENIUS!!".. Eh??! "Talk about catching them by surprise!".... WHAT HAPPENED!? CANT SEE!! Ask the guy behind he''s the one yelling genius.  "Played a quick freekick mate... Through to Cureton... Boosh!! Back of the net.. COME ON YOU CITY!!".  Oh, so he''s developed a crush for his least liked player now has he?? Oh, who cares, at least he''s enjoying it!!

2-0!! CORT HEADER!! Look at Gunny, he''s jumped on Crooky''s back...!!

.....Ow! 2-1! That must have been offside!! It''s always your team with the bad luck isnt it?, Halftime coming, probably worth running down now if you need to go!

...Zziiip!.....  2-2!? How did that happen? It''s on the tv screen over there.. Look!! Oh, man you must be gutted, only popped out for 2 minutes too!! At least you didnt have to endure it going in, defending was terrible looking at the replay!

Here we go, 2nd half.. Brace yourself boy, this is it!! Do-Or-Die as they say!!

I can''t stand the torment of watching you go through this, lets fast forward... 88th Minute, Still 2-2... Phew, thats good isn''t it? Oh! Who''s that? Excellent through ball, is it your team?! No it''s not!! John Eustace through on goal... Scores... simple as that.   2-3 Watford.

You''ve got tears in your eyes! Why you crying?  Thats it!?? Thats what? ...Relegation??

You told a thousand people on that forum-thingy that you were getting relegated, you didn''t even want to come tonight...  Just protest at the board, give up supporting that crap in front of you and go home... You were right on the way up here, i don''t know why you got so involved with the game, they''ve let you down so often before, do you learn? No...!

Oh, before you go! Look who i''ve just seen!! over there in the corner, it''s mr Happy and his kid... Idiot, still chanting.. The board will walk all over him and his finances.   Wait, there''s a cheer... It was offside!! No Goal!! Eustace looks gutted, he''s claiming he was clearly on.  You told me you never get the decisions from refs!  Look''s like Lappins coming on for the last few minutes, Hoolahan hasn''t been moving comfortably since he was clattered 5 minutes ago.

Norwich have taken the freekick, hoofed the ball long up to Cort, Ahh.. it''s come straight back, Clingan has it... Knocks it wide to Lappin... What a ball!! HANDBALL!! Thats gotta be handball!! Look at the guy next to you! He''s gone mad!! All seems a bit tense there!!! YOU''VE GOT IT! Penalty for Norwich!!! Right in the last last minute....But you knew that!!! Ok ok ok.. calm down... calm down....

Clingan places the ball, your stomach tingles like a small flame is fluttering inside, a flame that has been lit since the first day you stepped into this ground... You look at the guy and his kid again, they''re hugging, his boy looks excited... You scan across the stadium, it''s full, full of people like you.. All there for the same reason, because they love the club in front of them, the club around them!... Not because they want to wave when the premiership camera is on them, not because there''s a 25 million pound striker who''s hair they admire but because the Club is simply in their veins!!!

Clingan steps back, he looks determined... Looks down at the ball.... In that moment you realise that it makes little difference if he scores or if he blazes it over, there''s more crucial matches that the club has to win, maybe not this season, could be next, it could be another relegation battle, a League one playoff or even another stint in Europe,  you think back to the many men that have stood where you are now sat, the changes the club has seen, the good and the bad days.  The club will live on, because you and the many supporters around you live on... You are the club, the very thing that keeps things ticking here.

Clingan turns.. Runs at the ball... Hits it with all his might.......             

.....Never say die!

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]

...Remember ??

[/quote]Highly entertaining and inspirational...I got bored at the highlighted point.Next time try to write in a style which doesnt skit all over the place and bore me to tears,I commend your conviction though

Erm, incase i look a total nutcase, i must explain that the above is a (very) long way of saying don''t be afraid of saying what you really feel, even if it is fear of whatever may happen to the club should relegation happen.  I feel that if we all stay positive it can only have a good affect on outcomes, wherease negativity just gets you nowhere.

Come judgement day this season and we get relegated, it really doesnt matter who predicted we would go down or not, it''s not an exam...

For me, i admit i''m terrified.. Whenever i think of Norwich i think of Neil Adams sounding really rejected after the Charlton match, and he said something along the lines that if we carry on how we are we will surely get relegated and he hates to think what will happen to the club.

This rings round and round in my head, no-one knows what will happen, but for me the bottom line is that we still have the club... And that responsibilty comes down to all of us to ensure it stays as it is... I do think we''ll survive purely because i don''t like to give it up and feel there''s a long way to go still.

Show your support everyone, whether you think we''re relegation certs or not, there''s no reason you can''t support the club, after all that''s you, me and every supporter on here thats part of it.  I want to see all the negative posters just giving that up, have a break Wizards and Smudgers, and show the world that you''re a Norwich supporter through thick and through thin!

Reply to me with a rallying cry of  "NEVER SAY DIE!" We''ll show the internet what it means to be a Norwich fan!

No waffle here, i''ve posted all that at the start, The biggest and brightest fonts are all welcome!! COME ON!!! LETS GET BEHIND THIS CLUB!!  Let the players hear your yells and may they take it on board!!

...I shouldnt drink when coming on here! :-/

through thick and through thin!

Reply to me with a rallying cry of  "NEVER SAY DIE!" We''ll show the internet what it means to be a Norwich fan!

[/quote]Ok, you just took it too far, Im happy to go for it in the stands but on the Intenet ?*goes off to find a binner to abuse on some random forum*

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]
Ok, you just took it too far, Im happy to go for it in the stands but on the Intenet ?
*goes off to find a binner to abuse on some random forum*
[/quote]

Even better, lets be the first club to have e-thugs, sod the Binners, i''m thinking big time.. I''ve got a shedload of characters in a microsoft word document that need rooting out and throwing here, let the Millwall supporters have a taste of their own medicine!!! :)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Ok, you just took it too far, Im happy to go for it in the stands but on the Intenet ?*goes off to find a binner to abuse on some random forum*[/quote]

Even better, lets be the first club to have e-thugs, sod the Binners, i''m thinking big time.. I''ve got a shedload of characters in a microsoft word document that need rooting out and throwing here, let the Millwall supporters have a taste of their own medicine!!! :)

[/quote]they have only just discovered the typewriter...so dont expect a comeback too soon.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9I7CgPtInUI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9I7CgPtInUI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I7CgPtInUI

[quote user="bryan baldie baldric"][quote user="Skijumptoes"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Ok, you just took it too far, Im happy to go for it in the stands but on the Intenet ?*goes off to find a binner to abuse on some random forum*[/quote]

[/quote]they have only just discovered the typewriter...so dont expect a comeback too soon. [/quote]I feel we''re witnessing the birth of a new Ben Elton/Richard Curtis comedy series here.