Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Forty loans in less than 4 years!

Surely must be a record hey Wiz one would think?!

Some good, some bad but one of the reasons the club has been in decline and struggled to stay in the Championship the last few seasons, and if finance is not brought into the club its always going to be very tough.......

how much money have we wasted????

its like renting a house all your life...pay pay pay..and nothing to show at the end....mind bogling

all be it some have been exellent for us

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

its like renting a house all your life...pay pay pay..and nothing to show at the end....mind bogling

[/quote]

Have to agree with you there CTID, Evans, Lita etc.............but I''m still shocked as to the overall number.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

Have to agree with you there CTID, Evans, Lita etc.............but I''m still shocked as to the overall number.

[/quote]me to...if only we could have made a few more of the permenant..i.e  ched..lite...tiny

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

[/quote]me to...if only we could have made a few more of the permenant..i.e  ched..lita...tiny[/quote]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

Right idea, bad example....I personally quite like the loan system, but I do think Roeder took the **** a bit with it.

Seriously.  40 in 4 years is alot?We''ve had 13 this season alone!  If the average loan is 3 months then that is (at 10 a season) an average of 2.5 squad places made up of loans.  3 if we take the season as only 9 months.Remember that some loan deals are for the same player!  For exampleChed Evans - 2 loan deals, 1 renewel. (possibly 3 loan deals).Leroy Lita - 1 loan, 2 renewals.Ryan Bertrand - 3 loan deals.Johnathon Grounds - 2 loan deals.Yes some of them have been of bad quality, but many have been rather good.

[quote user="Gazza"]

Some good, some bad but one of the reasons the club has been in decline and struggled to stay in the Championship the last few seasons, and if finance is not brought into the club its always going to be very tough.......

[/quote]I couldn''t disagree more, Peter Grant assembled his own side and as far as I can remember he didn''t have one loan player playing for us, yet we were rock bottom and would have got relegated, no doubt about it. Roeder came in, brought a load of loan signings in, and we turned the corner and stayed up against all the odds. Loan signings are great as the players come here with something to prove and we can get real quality in sometimes that we could never afford if we were to try and buy them.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]I couldn''t disagree more, Peter Grant assembled his own side and as far as I can remember he didn''t have one loan player playing for us, yet we were rock bottom and would have got relegated, no doubt about it. Roeder came in, brought a load of loan signings in, and we turned the corner and stayed up against all the odds. Loan signings are great as the players come here with something to prove and we can get real quality in sometimes that we could never afford if we were to try and buy them. [/quote]I think that is a very one-sided view.  I agree that sometimes you get quality that maybe you cannot afford and some players have something to prove but equally you can get players like Sibierski who didn''t seem like he had a point to prove at all.  I would also suggest that the likes of Henry, Koroma, Archibald-Henville, Gibbs, Rehman & Boyle added no quality at all and were in fact a huge waste of money.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]I couldn''t disagree more, Peter Grant assembled his own side and as far as I can remember he didn''t have one loan player playing for us, yet we were rock bottom and would have got relegated, no doubt about it. Roeder came in, brought a load of loan signings in, and we turned the corner and stayed up against all the odds. Loan signings are great as the players come here with something to prove and we can get real quality in sometimes that we could never afford if we were to try and buy them. [/quote]I think that is a very one-sided view.  I agree that sometimes you get quality that maybe you cannot afford and some players have something to prove but equally you can get players like Sibierski who didn''t seem like he had a point to prove at all.  I would also suggest that the likes of Henry, Koroma, Archibald-Henville, Gibbs, Rehman & Boyle added no quality at all and were in fact a huge waste of money.[/quote]That is a very one sided view, but it is also a fact that those loan players kept us up last season, and our own squad would have got us relegated. Also haven''t you just contradicted yourself? Because what if we would have actually purchased the likes of Henry, Koroma, Henville, Gibbs, Rehman and Boyle? the fact that they turned out rubbish, doesn''t that make you happy that we had only loaned them?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Jeez:

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED05%20Feb%202009%2010%3A29%3A45%3A690

Your thoughts please.

[/quote]

It`s absolutely rediculous IMO. Particularly as we often had our hands tied on selection policy to ensure that young loanees got to play,whether they were up to it not.

We have been acting as a rehabilitation  centre for a number of  players, only to get them fit enough to go  back to their own clubs.

When a loanee does well for us the fans  have to suffer the dissapointment of him  going back to his club because we never find the cash to buy.

I would be interested to see figures for the salary costs for all this, and a calculation to show  whether we got value for money, highly unlikely I  would think if you look at the number of players involved.

We`ve been told that wholesale use of the loan system is the only way a club like ours can survive, I dont accept that, I  would agree that small  scale selective use of  the system is necessary, but not in the way  it`s been done at CR. 

We  

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]I couldn''t disagree more, Peter Grant assembled his own side and as far as I can remember he didn''t have one loan player playing for us, yet we were rock bottom and would have got relegated, no doubt about it. Roeder came in, brought a load of loan signings in, and we turned the corner and stayed up against all the odds. Loan signings are great as the players come here with something to prove and we can get real quality in sometimes that we could never afford if we were to try and buy them. [/quote]I think that is a very one-sided view.  I agree that sometimes you get quality that maybe you cannot afford and some players have something to prove but equally you can get players like Sibierski who didn''t seem like he had a point to prove at all.  I would also suggest that the likes of Henry, Koroma, Archibald-Henville, Gibbs, Rehman & Boyle added no quality at all and were in fact a huge waste of money.[/quote]That is a very one sided view, but it is also a fact that those loan players kept us up last season, and our own squad would have got us relegated. Also haven''t you just contradicted yourself? Because what if we would have actually purchased the likes of Henry, Koroma, Henville, Gibbs, Rehman and Boyle? the fact that they turned out rubbish, doesn''t that make you happy that we had only loaned them?[/quote]To be honest it doesn''t make me happy that we only loaned the players listed.  I have nothing against loan players, they are brilliant if used right, your example of helping us avoid relegation being one and the impact of Hux, Crouch and Harper in our title winning season being another.  I am not contrdicting myself, I didn''t suggest we should have bought them or anyone in those players place.  What I am suggesting is that they were a waste of money and the likes of Henville, Koroma etc were signed without anyone having ever seen them play. Considering how often we are told we have little to money, you would think we would be a bit more careful as to how we spend it.  It''s also worth noting that while loan players may have saved us last season, the loans of Gibbs et coincided with a massive loss of form which nearly took us back down again and our loans so far this season have not proved too successful.I''m not suggesting we shouldn''t loan players but not all loan players "have something to prove" or are of "real quality" as you said.  I am just suggesting that we should exercise the same caution when signing players on loan as we would when buying them. 

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Jeez:

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED05%20Feb%202009%2010%3A29%3A45%3A690

Your thoughts please.

[/quote]

Have you none of your own ?
Or just having trouble deciding as usual ? [:O]
[/quote]

Just what part of my reply Have to agree with you there CTID, Evans, Lita etc.............but I''m still shocked as to the overall number...did you have trouble with?[:S]

Thank goodness most of them were Loans and we could send them back! The thought of a squad of 40+ from that lot would definitely have seen us drop a division.