Sign in to follow this  
Buffalo King

Jonson wants to play for Norwich

Here in Sweden there are today reports that Norwich are interested in swedish international Mattias Jonson. Jonson is currently playing for Brondby and is used as a winger or forward.

Jonson (born 1974) have been expressing his wish to play in a big league for some time and would definitely sign for Norwich if the clubs could reach an agreement.

Jonson is today saying to swedish tabloid Expressen about the rumour of Norwich´s interest: "It sounds very interesting. The Premier League is a dream. I am 30 years old and it is soon going to be my last chance to play in a big league in Europe".

He also says: "The Premier League is one of the biggest leagues in the world. I hope Norwich has a serious interest. We will se if someting happens. But it is Brondby that has the last say".

Mattias Jonson has one and a half year left on his contract.

Mattias Jonson is an experienced striker that has really come into his own at Danish side Bronby, where he won the league title in 2002. His penchant for scoring goals with the club makes him a valuable option for Sweden. Before moving to the Danish league, he spent time in Sweden with Örebro and Helsingborgs.

He also scored Swedens last minute equaliser in the dubious 2-2 draw at Euro 2004 against denmark to send them both through to the quarter finals.

I got this from the Bronby website I hope it helps you all. What do you all think of him???

I got the first paragraph from the website the rest is me im afraid :-). Im not sure how much he would cost he still has over a year on his contract!

How tall is he? Is he good in the air? Has he got a good goalscoring record?
Does anyone know anything about him?

Worthy said he was after a striker who plays at international level. Is this our new number 9??

If my spelling is bad it might have something to do with fact that I am swedish and prefer to speak and write in swedish. And no, I didn´t make it up. It was a news story in swedish press today.

Jonson desire to move to a bigger league has been known for some time here in Sweden. So I believe it is a realistic move. Wether Norwich are interested or not is a different question. But I am sure he has Premier League quality, even if he isn´t a big goal scorer.

My guess is that he would be available for a fee between 500 000 - 1 000 000 pounds.

As he is playing in a foreign league we can get him on loan and still bring in another Premiership player in the transfer window

I just posted this on 606, thought I''d reapeat it here. I''m from Norfolk but live in Sweden by the way... Buffalo fella can correct my translation but it''s pretty accurate (couldn''t be bothered typing the whole thing). The Shabban rumour is also on Footboldirekt dot com if you''re interested.

---

It''s not a wind up, it''s on page 2 of Expressen''s (swedish tabloid) sport pull out. Same paper linked us with the keeper Rami Shabban yesterday, who said he has been on trail and that Svensson had suggested him to Worthy.
Back to Jonsson, he says:

"It sounds really interesting. Prem is a dream, i am 30 and it''s nearly my last chance to play in a top league. I hope that Norwich''s interest is real. It''s Brondby (his Danish club) who have the last word."

He has 1 & 1/2 years left on his contract but Brondby have just bought a young Swedish winger who might be lined up as a replacement I guess.

He would be a great signing. A hard working kind of player who can play just as well on the wing as up front. Not usually a target man though. Whenever I''ve seen him play for Sweden he''s been good if not exactly spectacular. He and Helvg would make a great right side I think

I´m also from Norfolk and living in Sweden , have just bought Expressen to read for myself. Jonsson is OK, definitely a hard worker with the right attitude, but if he signs for Norwich I feel it will be to play on the right side, no way is he a target man. One of these "in between" players like Marcus Allbäck - too good for the first div, but not quite up to the prem?

Djurgården jagar en svensk landslagsman.
Enligt vad SPORT-Expressen erfar är Mattias Jonson på gång till de svenska mästarna.
– Jag siktar på att avsluta min karriär i en Stockholmsklubb, bekräftar Jonsson.

he said i would like to play for a team in stockholm (djurgården) who are the swedish champions. so i dont know where you got the Norwich story from.!!!!!!!!!

He played on the right wing for Sweden in Euro 2004 didn''t he? Personally think if he signs it will to play right wing rather than as an out and out striker.

Could be a good move if the price is right.

The Djurgården story was in Tuesdays Expressen and all over the web on wednesday. The Norwich story was on page 2 of the paper on Wednesday and my guess is that it''ll be on the web today. Don''t think that DIF could afford a fee for him right now. He''ll end up in Stockhlm when he''s 33. Perhaps after a few years in the prem with City?

I also think he''d be of more use on the right, though I actually think he''d do a good job, I also reckon that Ällbäck has had a rough time at Villa and is a more than handy player when given decent service.