Sign in to follow this  
nolegs

hendo/jarvis dodgy rumour

Probablynot true, but would be a good idea to build them up. We still need extra players though and that would only exascerbate the situation....

I totally agree with you Amarillo, if those 2 are going to be playing irregular substitute appearances this year, which they surely will, it would get them great experience and they''d be back at the club next year better players. Plus, you can always recall players can''t you, if you''re desperate?

I think we could afford to let Jarvis go for a year, but Hendo is too versatile to let go, he can provide cover for up front and on the right, which could prove useful.

maybe, but for right wing cover we have:
Mcveigh
Helveg
Mulryne
Bently
safri????

Striker:

Sven
Huxs
Bently
Abbey (he going)
Mckenzie

so realisticly we have 4 in each, and we can always recall them from loan if we hit a bad injury scare or something.......
And as quite a few of you have said, it would be great experiance for the pair

I would like to see Henderson go on loan but feel he is a protected species. I am still not certain he will make the grade, lets not forget we have seen a lot come through the youth team but only a few have gone on to better careers ie Bellamy ,Eadie,Gordon many more who were to have been the clubs future have fallen by the wayside thinking of Coote ,Broughton and others.With the appointment of David Williams I think the future looks much brighter.

Jarvis will be going nowhere after second half performance at Peterborough - we looked a different team when he came on and introduced some movement up front.

The best option is to release on short term (1 month) loan periods - they''ll obtain the experience but still be reasonably available to return as cover should we hit an injury crisis.

Review each month and allow to remain out if all is well.

After what Nigel has been saying about Jarvis I doubt he is going anywhere. He sounds to me that he is willing the boy to force himself into the side. Just a small other point, apparently he geys on well with Bently as well and therefore could be instrumental in helping him settle here, which he wouldn''t be able to do on loan elsewhere.

I''m sure a loan period for both players could do nothing but help their careers and, potentially, help Norwich as well in the next season or two as these young men aspire to develop Premiership capability. For those who doubt this to be the best move try looking at it from a Bentley perspective. He is an Arsenal man and, undoubtedly, sees in his mind a future where he is stunning them at Highbury. What do you think, therefore, is in his mind this season as, instead of warming a bench for Arsenal on match day, he is potentially getting his name in the papers as he demonstrates his class. All aspects of his character will develop as a result. He will be highly motivated to perform this season, his confidence will grow, he won''t become overly arrogant if he does well because he still knows he has another ladder to climb. This is the type of opportunity that Jarvis and Henderson would relish, admittedly at a lower level but it''s based on the same principle.

Blimey yankee, that actually makes sense! I can hardly believe that I''m agreeing with you! Mental note to self, - get head checked out.

My opinion of Hendo is that I haven''t seen anything to suggest that he is remotely promising and that was playing in Div 1 - in the Premier League he is just going to be ridiculously out of his depth, however the club must see something in him to have kept him this long so who am I to judge.

Jarvis on the other hand looks top notch and I think would benefit from a loan period somewhere, but only for 3 months or so not a whole year.

I hope you''re not one of the ''boo boys'' Worthy.......Hendo is a precious talent who scored some good and important goals for us last season, and that was playing out of position. He gets so much stick for playing right midfield, when he is a striker by nature. Watch his performance for England U-19s if you want to know how good he is.

I agree that Jarvis looks the business, but how can you judge that he will make the grade and Hendo will not from what we''ve seen so far?

I have to say I agree with every word of YC''s post! Bit of a landmark there! How much are we going to see Jarvis in the first team next year? I would guess not much at all. Ok, he''ll be playing in the reserve team against good players but I don''t think its the same. I see nothing wrong with letting him go out and get a bit more experience