Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

Delia Smith you have a lot to answer for.......

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Peter Thorne"]Why do you insist in talking sense here, PurpleCanary?[/quote]

I know, I know, I never learn! That''s just not what one is meant to do! Talk sense, stay rational, deal only in facts. But in this case, having more than made my point, I will now stop. That''s quite enough on this subject.[/quote]

I can`t say i`ve read this thread in detail but i think what PP was getting at was that Cullum wanted to put the £20m into the club with new shares, leaving D and M with a sizeable minority holding, whilst D and M wanted a "total buyout" of their stake.

On Cullum having to offer to buy the rest of the shares once his holding goes over 30%, it isn`t that simple.  Ever heard of a "Whitewash amendment"?

Quote - "It seems as though all football clubs are run for the benefit of the players and managers, not the fans. We need an economic reality check. The whole thing is no longer viable.” I have felt for some time that we should show some radical ambition and cut wages, and concentrate on a youth policy. This would mean relegation in the medium term, but we would rise up again (with our own players, committed to the cause) as others have done (from the third tier). But I doubt that we will have the courage to do this, so I expect we will carry on in the same way, hoping that othe people will bale us out.  After watching the 16 year old lad at Charlton yesterday, and then comparing him with some of our players, I just cannot accept that it is necessary to pay 8K per week for mediocrity.

It took you all long enough...but at least some of you are getting there.

Why did it take so many of you so long though eh? Done last year it just might have been another story and Smith could possibly have packed her handbag and gone. I suspect it''s too late now though sheep as we''re down and out already.

Still...you mutton''t complain must you?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]I know this will go on for ever, but what seemed to happen to me was:Cullum:  You''ve got control of something I''d like to improve by spending £20m on it.Board:  Fine. But don''t forget you''ll also have to find £20m to cover the debt plus £16m to buy the shares. Making £56m.And I''ve yet to hear anything different.[/quote]

how about this one -

Cullum:  You''ve got control of something, but I know that you do not have the funds or business skills to manage it, and I know it''s in serious decline. I can save it, in fact I will even inject £20m, where it matters, on PLAYERS. But I won''t put 20 million pounds of my money into the club and trust you muppets to run it. If you''re clever you will accept my offer, as you will have shares in a succesful club rather than one that is going to be in serious financial trouble.Board: How dare you come and play with out toy, you horrible little man. We are not even prepared to talk to you, if you want to be allowed to play then you had better turn up with a cheque for 56 million pounds. Go to the tradesman entrance, knock and wait. We may see you then if we''re not too busy.

[/quote]If only the world were so simple....

[quote user="Peter Thorne"]Why do you insist in talking sense here, PurpleCanary?[/quote]Please continue Purple. There is so little sense on this board at the moment. Most intelligent posters have abandoned the site, it would be a shame if they all went leaving it to the saliver mob.

[quote user="The Prisoner"]Same old assumptions cited as fact yet based on nothing.This thread should be called "Archant you have a lot to answer for......."[/quote]exactly pris - for these very reasons, i have refrained from making a final comment regarding cullum and the boards responses - simply because i do not have access to the full facts...i believe an NCFC board should be seen to be acting in the best interests of the club - which currently must be to avoid relegation at all costs...generally - it should be to ensure NCFC is properly funded to credibly produce a playing side and retain an experienced manager who are capable of mounting a top 6 challange...which is not unreasonable,,,its nothing personal, with regards to the make-up of the board, its a question of whether NCFC is competitive in this league or not...that is the criteria in my view,,,i wonder if any contritbutors on this thread would like to give their best forecast of when NCFC will likely be sold - given the current economic circumstances, and on what basis a sale would be conducted???

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

and hopefully it is for us to give them some real "encouragement" to decide that in the face of the current predicament that they preside over, best they get the hell out NOW.

[/quote]

What type of encouragement would that be then?

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

and hopefully it is for us to give them some real "encouragement" to decide that in the face of the current predicament that they preside over, best they get the hell out NOW.

[/quote]

[/quote]Remember, this is from a man who believes in mob rule & violence as an acceptable means to acheive societal change.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Remember, this is from a man who believes in mob rule & violence as an acceptable means to acheive societal change.
[/quote]

I maybe wrong but i haven''t yet seen anyone say they are prepared to use violence to get the board/manager out and i as most fans would be appalled by such actions. A vocal protest is more appropriate and i think thats what BB is encouraging. Did you do the Chase out protests?

Thankyou Delia you have done so much for "OUR CLUB"!!!!!!!!

Your mis-managment and bad decisions have destroyed the club, yeah Roeder may be your sacrificial little lamb but te blame lies solely at your feet!!!!