Sign in to follow this  
golden coppel

players from league one we should sign!

leicester - matt oakley or stephen clemence would add what were missing in midfield and make good captains

millwall - adam bolder is playing well for milwall and was very good for qpr last season but unfasionable.

leeds - jonny howson, this player is one for the future, very good attacking midfielder

oldham - chris taylor, very tricky midfielder with the knack of scoring goals

bristol rovers - ricky lambert, scoring goals for fun also big and strong. goal scoring target man

colchester - mark yeates, very good midfielder, scores goals

I''d love to see Ricky Lambert here... although not for purely for football reasons, more the fact someone of my last name will have played for Norwich haha.

Having said that i DO think he''d be a good signing.

[quote user="golden coppel"]

leicester - matt oakley or stephen clemence would add what were missing in midfield and make good captains

millwall - adam bolder is playing well for milwall and was very good for qpr last season but unfasionable.

leeds - jonny howson, this player is one for the future, very good attacking midfielder

bristol rovers - ricky lambert, scoring goals for fun also big and strong. goal scoring target man

[/quote]its spotting the gooduns - certainly clinkers has been a good buy...

[quote user="golden coppel"]

[/quote]Although most of your players are good players..... they are ALL midfielders. The one place on the pitch that we dont need any additional bodies. We need strikers and centre backs in my opinion.

leicester ones i agree with

howson leeds very overated, did squat last season till playoffs (televised) did great then everyone like oh look at him (bit like coppinger of donny)

bolder tried and tested in this league found his level

taylor oldham - i like alot

lambert not sure on at higher level would want any p''boro guys

yeates do a job this level

any mk dons players worth a try? they seem to be buzzing again! but cant think any standouts

I wouldn''t say no to McLean or McKail-Smith, or even George Boyd for that matter although he''s more a winger.

I know their League 2 but what happened with that Bury striker Bishop we were linked with?

agreed always said the three peterborough players mentioned all can play higher level

one problem with peterboro though is they dont need to sell, theres only so much you can hold player back also. so if they fail to get promoted any of the three may opt to move

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="golden coppel"]

[/quote]

Although most of your players are good players..... they are ALL midfielders. The one place on the pitch that we dont need any additional bodies. We need strikers and centre backs in my opinion.
[/quote]

i actually think we are one good midfielder short to play in the centre with clingan. russell and fozzy are both just not up to it. i would love to sign matt oakley.

as for lambert i would take the gamble i think he could be the new iwan!!

Joe Lewis is a great keeper but if we''re strapped for cash we need to be going for players in positions we need filling rather than wasting what little money we have when we''ve already got a good keeper

We need players in all positions, but we definitely need some decent cental midfielders. At the moment Sammy Clingan is the only player good enough for Championship football. The other central midfields are simply not up to it (Pattison, Fozzy & Russell) and we desperately need somone alongside him who can score a few goals!!

I would als say we need a good right back who can defend. After watching Otsemobor again the other night against Palace, it is blatantly obvious that he cannot defend. His positional sense is shocking and he is constantly day dreaming.

I agree with all of the players listed by golden coppell and I would particularly like to see Matt Oakley at Norwich

The player from League 1 id most like to see at Norwich is Jermaine Beckford. He looks the real deal. Thoughts?

[quote user="Lambo"]

I wouldn''t say no to McLean or McKail-Smith, or even George Boyd for that matter although he''s more a winger.

I know their League 2 but what happened with that Bury striker Bishop we were linked with?

[/quote]

err...Posh turned down a multi million pound bid from Wolves in the summer for Aaaron McLean, CMS as well.