Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Lets be realistic...we wont get relegated!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Lets look at this honestly, can anyone really see us failing to finish above the likes of Doncaster, Forest, Southampton, Blackpool to name a few? The results are not going our way, but we are making chances, and thats more than some of the tripe teams ive watched this year. Im not kidding myself, this club needs changes from top to bottom, boardroom to the transfer policy, but realisticly we are too strong to go down. Now I know nobody is too good to go down, but look at the teams around us like Barnsley or even Charlton-dreadful. We may be losing a few but we are not getting hammered. Things need to change here, im not being a fool, I know we wont be challenging for promotion, but we wont be going down either. I know people say "nobodys too good to go down" but frankly when push comes to shove we will have enough points and that im sure of. I dont like the board, im not Roeders no1 fan but I do admire what hes done on peanuts, im not even keen on a few of our players but I love this club.

We wont go down, and I promise you all if we do you will never hear from me again! { Now some of you probably hope we go down![;)]}

[/quote]

With the matches we have coming up and after today''s performance and loss do you still remain as positive?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Charlton could well turn it around under a new manager ,as could Forest (Calderwood expected to get sacked anyday now) , Doncaster beat Ipswich so they can get a result when needed . As for us , well after Lita goes back just who will put the ball in the net ? Lupoli who if he gets a start can hardly last 45 mins , Koroma ? not likely is it . (and i dont think an ageing Iverson is the answer either) . We have a weak uncreative midfield , nobody who can score to save their lives and a defence that conceeds every game without fail , one of the worst managers in our history and add to that we are totally skint and i would say there is every chance we will go down .
[/quote]

Very true!

Anyone that stills thinks Roedernowhere is doing alright is very very blinkered!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Charlton could well turn it around under a new manager ,as could Forest (Calderwood expected to get sacked anyday now) , Doncaster beat Ipswich so they can get a result when needed . As for us , well after Lita goes back just who will put the ball in the net ? Lupoli who if he gets a start can hardly last 45 mins , Koroma ? not likely is it . (and i dont think an ageing Iverson is the answer either) . We have a weak uncreative midfield , nobody who can score to save their lives and a defence that conceeds every game without fail , one of the worst managers in our history and add to that we are totally skint and i would say there is every chance we will go down .[/quote]

Very true!

Anyone that stills thinks Roedernowhere is doing alright is very very blinkered!

[/quote]

They are the sort of people who will vote for the Labour Party again - or the friggin'' Green Party.It''s a virus and I wish some bugger would come up with a vaccination for it.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Charlton could well turn it around under a new manager ,as could Forest (Calderwood expected to get sacked anyday now) , Doncaster beat Ipswich so they can get a result when needed . As for us , well after Lita goes back just who will put the ball in the net ? Lupoli who if he gets a start can hardly last 45 mins , Koroma ? not likely is it . (and i dont think an ageing Iverson is the answer either) . We have a weak uncreative midfield , nobody who can score to save their lives and a defence that conceeds every game without fail , one of the worst managers in our history and add to that we are totally skint and i would say there is every chance we will go down .
[/quote]

Very true!

[/quote]

They are the sort of people who will vote for the Labour Party again - or the friggin'' Green Party.

It''s a virus and I wish some bugger would come up with a vaccination for it.
[/quote]

Hang on a minute. Read it properly before you crucify me. I dont think we are doing well under Roeder-thats obvious, I just think we have enough to stay up.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Very true!

[/quote]

They are the sort of people who will vote for the Labour Party again - or the friggin'' Green Party.

[/quote]

Excellent stuff Shyster!.... Im starting to like you [;)]

[quote]Hang on a minute. Read it properly before you crucify me. I dont think

we are doing well under Roeder-thats obvious, I just think we have

enough to stay up.[/quote]

I also believe the majority of the players are good enough to keep us in this Division, Arthur, and as you also suggest, they need better guidance in the form of a good manager, which is why I''d personally prefer to see us go further in debt to rid of Roeder.

So, big deal,what if we do stay up, what''s to look forward to next season? FAR lower gates, even less money, no big club willing to loan us players because some of them not getting enough games with us and those that are are getting demoralised along with what''s left of "our" players. Great eh? Another season of struggle. HOW MANY MORE have we got to sit through. This situation is deplorable. Let the loanees go when their times are up and don''t replace them. If we''re gonna go down, let''s go down with our own team. It''s now countdown to the derby week and I for one have never looked forward to one as less as I am this one. 

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Lets look at this honestly, can anyone really see us failing to finish above the likes of Doncaster, Forest, Southampton, Blackpool to name a few? The results are not going our way, but we are making chances, and thats more than some of the tripe teams ive watched this year. Im not kidding myself, this club needs changes from top to bottom, boardroom to the transfer policy, but realisticly we are too strong to go down. Now I know nobody is too good to go down, but look at the teams around us like Barnsley or even Charlton-dreadful. We may be losing a few but we are not getting hammered. Things need to change here, im not being a fool, I know we wont be challenging for promotion, but we wont be going down either. I know people say "nobodys too good to go down" but frankly when push comes to shove we will have enough points and that im sure of. I dont like the board, im not Roeders no1 fan but I do admire what hes done on peanuts, im not even keen on a few of our players but I love this club.

We wont go down, and I promise you all if we do you will never hear from me again! { Now some of you probably hope we go down![;)]}

[/quote]

Ok I will, own up. I had been at a afternoon business shin dig and came home a bit worse for wear. I typed this thread pi##ed. And since sobering up have tried to justify it-but I cant. Roeder is a Buffoon and a Buffoon with no money to spend is a deadly one to have running our club.

I apologise and retract my entire statement.

We are doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Arthur, I''m sure we will stay up, it''s dreadful that survival will be considered a success. Again.  [:(]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]    We are doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]HEY!!![/quote]

Doomed I tell you!!!!![;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]    We are doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]HEY!!![/quote]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Very true!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Excellent stuff Shyster!.... Im starting to like you [;)]

[/quote]

I believe I said he was brilliant first!   [Y] 

I''ve always maintained that seeing as "playing badly and winning" is a sign that a team is destined for the title or promotion, teams that play okay but lose (i.e. fail to take the chances that are presented to them and have a defence that concedes freely) must surely be destined to be in the mixer come the final day of the season. As always, with our loans, some of our first team squad are due to go back very shortly and even if we do stay up - which I really hope we do - half the team go back to their clubs or have their contracts expire. It''s going to be a long season and a long summer