Sign in to follow this  

He looks pretty happy too. His left earlobe is right where my seat is!

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~554496,00.html

So who plays tomorrow in central defence?

On last Saturday''s play I thought Fleming played very well - very mobile, "aggressive", determined and was flawless. I''d keep him.

Not so sure about Charlton. Moblie - yes. Experienced.Of course. But saw the odd mistake. And his lack of height is acutely noticeable when partnering another "shorty". Especially for set pieces. I think he''s a good squad player - but our answer to central defence - doubtful. will depend on the oppositions strike force.

So I think Doherty will play!!

Agreed DD any player who comes down,has a quick look round and wants to sign for us is most welcome. Dont care what anyone says about him,if Worthy thinks hes good enough then thats good enough for me

i worry about what this means for Shackell.
Also, i don''t see what the fuss is over registering him in time for Saturday. I would NOT debut a brand new untested central defensive partnership at Old Trafford of all places!
What are people''s opinions of the Charlton/Fleming combo? I''m not sure yet but i would stick with it for OT, esp given Charlton''s rep for keeping the big gun''s quiet.

I would certainly keep with Flem and Charlton to start with then introduce Doherty on the hour. Charlton and Flem have played together for a bit now so are the strongest pairing we have at the moment going into this game.

I''m sure I read somewhere that Worthy saw him temporarily as a striker, but he''s looking to play him at the back long term. So expect to see him as our big bruising target man tomorrow, but he''ll be moving into the centre of defence before too long. It also suggests another striker will hopefully coming in. Apparently the Times linked us with Harewood the other day - here''s hoping!

I think charlton and fleming are both good ground readers of the play, which we need at old trafford. probably too early for doherty to start a game when hes not yet settled into the squad.

I think he''ll probably start on the bench tomorrow as he probably won''t have trained with the lads today. Good luck to him whatever. Seems confident enough about the task in hand!

It always makes me chuckle how people read things in different ways! Tacklebury has read Worthy''s comments in a completely different way to me - I read it as meaning that it was useful to have a defender he could use up front if he really needed to (ie injury, suspension, chasing the game etc), not that he would use him as a striker until we signed someone new!