Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Bristol City v Norwich City - official match thread

Live text update here:

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/norwichcity/live/081018Bristol.aspx

Table here:

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/norwichcity/table.aspx

Teams:

Bristol City: Basso, Orr, McCombe, Fontaine, McAllister, Williams, Elliott, Johnson, McIndoe, Trundle, Adebola.
Subs: Weale, Maynard, Webster, Sproule, Wilson.

Norwich: Marshall, Omozusi, Drury, Kennedy, Bertrand, Croft, Clingan, Russell, Pattison, Sibierski, Lita.
Subs: Nelson, Doherty, Fotheringham, Bell, Lupoli.

Marshall

Omozusi Kennedy Drury Bertrand

Croft Russell Clingan Pattison

Lita Sibierski

subs - nelson doherty bell fozzy lupoli

wow surprised to see kennedy in there, near enough a full strength side, hope he''s not off the pace though

Hoolahan not involved in 16 again, has been a let down but surely worth a place on bench, but i suppose you can''t have bell and hoolahan on bench together. A nice selection headache i guess

First choice keeper, strikers and midfielders for me, get Semmy and Stefanovic back and our team is made.

For me Hoolahan is not good enough, rather see Pattison there for this 100% effort, no fear of shooting from range and defensive ability, rather than Hoops'' run, lose it, run, lose it method.

Marshall

Omozusi Kennedy Drury Bertrand

Croft Russell Clingan Pattison

Lita Sibierski

subs - nelson doherty bell fozzy lupoli

yeah - great to see kennedy back in, and also the doc on the bench - and what a midfield line-up, matty patty ledt midfield, clinkers and rusty in the middle and crofty on the right - this quartet is key for me, if we can dominate the middle of the park, then we''ll be set up nicely for a decent result - we need these 4 to play big games today and play to form, and if they can, hopefully the back 4 will be nicely protected, while the front 2 will get goalscoring opoortunites...

bring it on - i sniff an upset - city 3-1 to win on paddypower, ye hah!!! tally ho!!! get on!!!

Wrong decisions again...Lupoli should be up front alongside Lita with Sibierski in midfield.Great to see Doherty back. [:P][:$]

[quote user="shyster"]Wrong decisions again...

Lupoli should be up front alongside Lita with Sibierski in midfield.

Great to see Doherty back. [:P][:$]
[/quote]

not for me, i just don''t think he has the legs to play in the middle

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

[quote user="shyster"]Wrong decisions again...Lupoli should be up front alongside Lita with Sibierski in midfield.Great to see Doherty back. [:P][:$][/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t be silly, Chris - Siberski played there effectively for Wigan just last season. If he had the legs for the Premier I''m certain he still has the legs for this Division one year on.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="ncfc_chris"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t be silly, Chris - Siberski played there effectively for Wigan just last season. If he had the legs for the Premier I''m certain he still has the legs for this Division one year on.
[/quote]

Agreed

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

are you sure? i may be wrong but i thought he played up front early in the season and then barely played again under Bruce

Oh you are kidding me!Both Drury and Kennedy are already injured for christ sake!

[quote user="shyster"]Wrong decisions again...Lupoli should be up front alongside Lita with Sibierski in midfield.Great to see Doherty back. [:P][:$][/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t be silly, Chris - Siberski played there effectively for Wigan just last season. If he had the legs for the Premier I''m certain he still has the legs for this Division one year on.[/quote]Agreed.  Playing him in midfield would also stop the hoofball we''ve been playing of late.Come on Norwich!

Stats so far.

Goal Attempts5 : 3Goal Attempts
On Target2 : 1On Target
Crosses2 : 8Crosses
Corners4 : 3Corners
Offside- : -Offside
Fouls3 : 2Fouls
Free kicks2 : 3Free kicks
 Yellow cards- : -Yellow cards 
 Red cards- : -Red cards 
% Possession53 : 47Possession %

He was getting ready to come on, but the physio decided to give Kennedy a thumbs up to go back on the pitch.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Rusty up front lmfao, oh how quickly I am losing faith in GR.[/quote]Maybe not your first choice up front but at least we have seen he can score.

Despite Clingan and Russell thoroughly bossing the midfield, Fotheringham is brought on in place of Sibierski, to move himself in the midfield pushing Russell (i imagine against his own will by this point) up front.I''m not even going to bother ranting about that, it''ll take too much of my time.Drury is now soon to come off with an injury, with Doherty expected to replace.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Rusty up front lmfao, oh how quickly I am losing faith in GR.[/quote]

Yeah, does alot for Lupoli''s confidence doesn''t it! [:@]