Sign in to follow this  
5-4-1

Stadium manager

All i said was that Eventguard have two directors.Neil Anthony DONCASTER with a NR2 postcode and Leon Geoffrey BLACKBURN with a NR6 postcode.Check it out with Companies House and tell me if i am wrong then.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

All i said was that Eventguard have two directors.Neil Anthony DONCASTER with a NR2 postcode and Leon Geoffrey BLACKBURN with a NR6 postcode.Check it out with Companies House and tell me if i am wrong then.

[/quote]

Neil Anthony Doncaster? Wahoo!

So, instead of ''Doncaster Out!''.....I can chant "GO NAD!....GO NAD!.....GO NAD!....[8-|]

My sources inform me that Mr Blackburn is no longer a Director of EventGuard, can''t beleive you''re out of touch.

Apparently there was no ''''spitting of dummies from the pram'''', just the decision to take the offered redundancy.

Looks like we are going to split hairs over this one BG.I will stick with my spitting dummies out of prams bit.He left the club on the day of the QPR game which in his position of stadium manager seems strange in itself.Is it likely that you would turn up for work in the morning and then leave your job hours before kick off?

With regard to Eventguard you are right as he resigned on Friday 19th some 48 hours later.All this was rather sudden if you ask me as most people work out a period of notice as was the case with Shaun O''HARA and what is currently taking place with Andy CULLEN.

If he was offered redundancy why did he depart on the spot,there and then?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Looks like we are going to split hairs over this one BG.I will stick with my spitting dummies out of prams bit.He left the club on the day of the QPR game which in his position of stadium manager seems strange in itself.Is it likely that you would turn up for work in the morning and then leave your job hours before kick off?

With regard to Eventguard you are right as he resigned on Friday 19th some 48 hours later.All this was rather sudden if you ask me as most people work out a period of notice as was the case with Shaun O''HARA and what is currently taking place with Andy CULLEN.

If he was offered redundancy why did he depart on the spot,there and then?

[/quote]

Good and fair questions Mr T.

Is it not possible that they had already worked their notice?  Just a thought.

I''d love to see Andy Batley replace him, he''s a top bloke.

Like others have said, cuts were made earlier on as well. Sarah Cullen being one. Shaun''O''Hara left through choice to work for another company, that''s a fact! He was replaced by a woman named Sam Gordon (who by the way is another pal of Delia''s, much like the woman who replaced Sarah Cullen)

Leon became really frustrated at the set-up of the club and basically said enough is enough.

If they''re going to start cutting people in departments, the sales and marketing one should be next. I mean come on, why were they paying for someone to help with the Crossbar challenge last year?! There are certain people in that department who are nothing more than ''yes'' men. Here''s a hint, you can spot them all standing around the tunnel just before kick-off on a match day.

Dincht,i think you will find that AB has taken on LB''s job as well as continuing with his own role.

Sarah Cullen should be Jackie Cullen.

LB two days after he left resigned as a director of Eventguard as i said earlier ,but as Eventguard is a totally seperate company not controlled by NCFC directors or supported financially why resign as well as quiting as stadium manager which does come under the control of NCFC ?

In the current economic climate who at 55 can afford to say "enough is enough" as you are suggesting ?

If I didn''t know you were a former Police Officer I would have guessed it.

As a subsidiary of Norwich City PLC it would indeed be surprising if employees of Norwich City PLC were not, from time to time, registered as Directors of  Eventguard Ltd, Registered Office Carrow Road Stadium NR1.

Also, Pc Plonker, there is no h in the Antony.

It''s a registered subsidiary in Plunkett''s Guide.

And you live in NR5 and your middle name is Stewart.

FFS, no wonder you joined the Police.[8-|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

As a subsidiary of Norwich City PLC it would indeed be surprising if employees of Norwich City PLC were not, from time to time, registered as Directors of  Eventguard Ltd, Registered Office Carrow Road Stadium NR1.

FFS, no wonder you joined the Police.[8-|]

Bet he''s been called worse [:D]

[/quote]

Not sure how my short sentence ended up in the quote box with Cam''s post this forum seems to have a mind of its own nowadays

Anyway what I actually said was ''''bet he''s been called worse'''' [:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

FFS, no wonder you joined the Police.[

yes you are right smart arse NR5 is Tollhouse Road.I am named Stewart after my grandfather,my wife is Sherryl and you are correct that there is no h in ND''s middle name.Big big problem with the Police as i have noticed before so if ever you have the need to dial 999 i hope you have the bottle to come out from behind your laptop and be abusive in your time of need.

Forgive me but i thought NCFC was a Limited Company and not a PLC.Then again having retired 14 years ago you still see me as Pc Plonker.Get a life saddo.

[/quote]

Who knows?  But in any case this, I believe, is a Family News Group and under the Angelic wing of Archant (you should know about Angelic wings)  I tried to exercise restraint.[8-|]

I also note that the Archant chief bod has just done a runner to Johnston Press.[:)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

FFS, no wonder you joined the Police.[

yes you are right smart arse NR5 is Tollhouse Road.I am named Stewart after my grandfather,my wife is Sherryl and you are correct that there is no h in ND''s middle name.Big big problem with the Police as i have noticed before so if ever you have the need to dial 999 i hope you have the bottle to come out from behind your laptop and be abusive in your time of need.

Forgive me but i thought NCFC was a Limited Company and not a PLC.Then again having retired 14 years ago you still see me as Pc Plonker.Get a life saddo.

[/quote][/quote]

Once a Plod, always a Plod I say and you''ve done nothing to dissuade me, so far.

You should think yourself lucky I let you off so lightly.  I wouldn''t in real combat. [8-|]

Plod-Plonker whatever next?I will not bother to respond to your next liitle outburst as i have some paint i want to watch dry!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Plod-Plonker whatever next?I will not bother to respond to your next liitle outburst as i have some paint i want to watch dry![/quote]

Move along please.

I have worked for Leon as an NCFC Safety Steward for the past 22 years. In that time he has always been the ultimate professional when performing his role of Stadium Operations Manager. He has been known to lose his rag with various people that have worked for him, but in my opinion this is because he wants every steward to work to his own high standards. At the end of the day there are 24,000+ bums on the Carrow Road seats every match and the Safety of those people depended on Leon having a trained workforce that he could rely on.

Leon became a personal friend and we have shared many experiences at Carrow Road. I believe he would have told me if anyone had "smashed him one" as Adam Carpenter states - I think the truth may have been stretched a bit there Adam! Not sure I understand what you mean about the Barnsley away match in the playoff season either. I went to that game with several other stewards and had a brilliant day out - a few beers and Norwich won - can''t remember Leon being involved in any way.

So, to the present. The club employed Andy Batley a few years ago as Leon''s assistant. Andy had been a steward for several years before this and had made it to the highest grade possible (Head Steward) so was certainly qualified to be Leon''s backup. About a month ago the club informed both Leon and Andy that their positions were being made redundant. Both were invited to apply for a new position of Safety Manager. For Leon this would have meant a loss of status and responsibility and a much lower salary, so he decided not to apply and to take the redundancy package that he had been offered. Andy decided that he would apply and was offered the job. The club decided that Leon could leave immediately and hence he left on the day of the QPR match. After 19 ½ years as a full time employee and several years before that as a part-timer, Leon did feel very sad at his treatment, but any suggestions of him “spitting his dummy out” (TIL 1010) are far from the truth.

I know regulars on this forum love rumour and lies, but I hope this clears a few things up for those that might be interested in the truth.

[quote user="fanforlife"]And you are 100% Correct.[/quote]

My Quote was not posted in relation to the above post..no idea why it ended up where it is!