Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

Shacks moves to "big club"

[quote user="we8wba"]if we got in the premier and stayed we would fill it, gradually you build yourself up of course it wont happen over night. i could say we average double your away support to most grounds in the league to[/quote]

bullshizen. if norwich and wolves were both in equal positions in the league, i.e both in the playoff positions or both in bottom three, norwich would get more away support then you. when we won the league we took 7,500 to palace, and the playoff season 6000 to barnsley.  you wont take anything like them numbers if you stay top all season.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="we8wba"]if we got in the premier and stayed we would fill it, gradually you build yourself up of course it wont happen over night. i could say we average double your away support to most grounds in the league to[/quote]

bullshizen. if norwich and wolves were both in equal positions in the league, i.e both in the playoff positions or both in bottom three, norwich would get more away support then you. when we won the league we took 7,500 to palace, and the playoff season 6000 to barnsley.  you wont take anything like them numbers if you stay top all season.

[/quote]

its easy to get numbers when you doing well. you didnt sell out at molineux last year which poor seems we sell away fans 2.4k seats. reckon you took bout 2k up for a saturday game. we prob wont sell out yours because night game but im sure if was a saturday we would

As I said in my original post we8wba I think that it''s an interesting question. What do people actually mean when they say x is a bigger club than y because it''s such a vague term?  Is it past history? Is it present attendances? Is it buying power? No question that Wolves'' history is far more studded with success than ours. However, most of your glories were over 30 years ago and your most recent cup triumph was the Sherpa Van Trophy in 1988. By comparison we won the Milk Cup in 1985.  You were indeed promoted to the Premier League in 2002/3 but so were we in 2003/4 - as champions. One of your triumphs listed rightly records that Norwich actually beat Wolves on the way to our Play off final defeat against Brum. So if we look at the last 20 years then I would say our clubs are pretty much on a par. As I previously observed that our average attendances are slightly larger than yours. Do Wolves have a bigger fan base right now? A ''bigger potential fan base'' has been mentioned, but can this actually be quantified? Does that mean anything in the here and now - season 2008/9? The way I see it right now Wolves are not a bigger club than Norwich. Sure, if Shacks was on about the pre-historic past then I can certainly see what he was talking about.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]we would fill 40k in the premiership before wolves could[/quote]

thats because we have west brom, villa, manutd, coventry, birmingham compete with

your 2nd rival for attendences is colchester which is close to you

RIGHT LISTEN - this main point wolves bigger club than norwich currently

• You havn''t come above us in the last 10seasons (bar two which excluded when we both in different leagues)
  • we have spent more money than you
  • you havn''t beaten us in any competition since 1st leg of playoffs in what 2001? 2002?

three concrete FACTS why currently wolves are bigger than you

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

its easy to get numbers when you doing well. you didnt sell out at molineux last year which poor seems we sell away fans 2.4k seats. reckon you took bout 2k up for a saturday game. we prob wont sell out yours because night game but im sure if was a saturday we would

[/quote]

you didnt sell out at norwich last season, it was over a holiday period to, which is even worse! and you were doing quite well

1. cant comment as i didnt go - due to being in u.s

2. xmas is worst time for games away - due to family commitments

I am slightly disappointed he has gone although if its a million then thats great, and I have to agree he has joined one of the most repulsive clubs in the country.[quote user="Hoolahoop"]I couldn''t give a toss what Shacks means. He''s joined the second scum of the earth, f**k him.[/quote]

[quote user="we8wba"]

• You havn''t come above us in the last 10seasons (bar two which excluded when we both in different leagues)

• you havn''t beaten us in any competition since 1st leg of playoffs in what 2001? 2002?

[/quote]

1. we get bigger attendances then you

2. our record transfer fee is bigger than yours (3.75m earnie)

3. our highest tranfer fee recieved is bigger then yours (7.5 ashton)

theres three FACTS that say norwich are bigger than wolves.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

all it proves is

1. no facts for past 10 seasons

2. shows your stupidity

3. your selling club

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

all it proves is

1. no facts for past 10 seasons

2. shows your stupidity

3. your selling club

[/quote]

what are you on about you yam yam, the three facts i give you all happened in the last three seasons. your testing my patience

haha so easy to wind up and any individual with brain would be able to see that the 3 facts i have given you are better than the one''s you given me.

Does it matter which team is bigger? impossible to quantify anyway, but we have the nice city, fact, so we win on the cities!

My dad is also bigger than yours, fact!

MARTY - i never been to norwich but im pretty sure i would agree with you on that front. im not from wolverhampton dont give to monkeys about the city as long my team wins, i only pop in and out of wolvo

I don''t understand why you think Colchester would be our rival for fans, perhaps you don''t know where we are actually located we8wba?

[quote user="we8wba"]haha so easy to wind up and any individual with brain would be able to see that the 3 facts i have given you are better than the one''s you given me.[/quote]

Why do you always feel the need to come on here and try to prove that your club is bigger than ours? Surely any individual with a brain could tell you that there is little to support either fans opinion about clubs size, untill atleast one of our clubs are playing in the Premiership that is.

Now bugger off to a Wolves forum, your boring me!

Silly troll

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I don''t understand why you think Colchester would be our rival for fans, perhaps you don''t know where we are actually located we8wba?[/quote]

to be honest i dont know the ins and out of your rivals but your nearest team is ipswich. who is your 2nd nearest if it isnt colchester??

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Lord Snooty"] Wolves : "Since 1984 Wolves have, however, spent just one season in the top division."[/quote]

the premier so since 1991? u mug

[/quote]

Sorry, what is it you are trying to say ?

how many top flight league titles do.....

wolves have ... three

Champions
1953-54, 1957-58, 1958-59

norwich have ...none

how many fa cups ?

wolves have ... four

Winners
1893, 1908 1949, 1960

norwich have ... none

how many league cups?

wolves have ... two

Winners