Sign in to follow this  
rich

doc and svensson up front on saturday

The last two teams to beat Arsenal in the league,leeds and southampton,used the following tactics.
Leeds packed the midfield with ball winners. Why don''t we play holt, francis and safri as a three across the middle and deny Arsenal time.
Southampton used two big target men and without campbell Arsenal are weak in the air. try doc and svensson and we could win lots of balls in the air, huckerby on the knockdowns and lots of free kicks.

It''ll be ugly but it might just be our best hope.

this from the guy who slated Doc before he kicked a ball.

Thank god we''ve got worthy. Are you B Hamilton in disguise?

Somebody should also be deployed to pressure Lehmann physically and niggle at him mentally.
He can be very impulsive and erratic.
OTBC.

Campbell may be missing but toure is excellent in the air and cygan is best there - I think we should keep hux and doc - Doc can occupy toure while hux gives cygan the run around - cygan is their weak link.

Packing the midfield may work but would need a tactical reshuffle from us - 4-3-1-2 perhaps with Yonson/McVeigh sitting in the whole given Bentleys absence, or Leon/Sven and Doc up front with HUx sitting behind?

God its nice to have a squad with real options!

OTBC

Why go Sven a go, when he has done nothing up front this season, when there is this little guy on the bench who has come on and done really well so far. All together now:

He scored against the scum.....

Keep the faith

I''m definitely a fan of Safri Holt and Francis across the midfield with WLY/Johnson on one wing and Bentley/Hux on the other. Obviously no Bentley on Sat tho. May suit holt better to have those two either side of him so he can mix it and then play simple balls out. Totally agree that Sven is not automatic pick for an aerial ball winner - Leon does that just as well and has more pace.
So then Leon and the Doc up front. Leon had a whale of a time against manure in the short time he was on, feeding off the Docs lay offs and flick ons (isn''t it great to see flick ons that actually go towards the other striker - were you watching Zema!?).

it was just a thought to be honest, personally i''m not a huge svensson fan I just felt maybe he could do a job against Arsenal, but then so too I feel could leon. It made for an interesting theory though:)sometimes i just like to play devil''s advocate:)

and ''at last yeah'' I did slag off the doc before he kicked a ball, or rather I voiced the opinion, would you rather I just refused to acknowledge him because I didn''t rate him before, I''mstill not amazed by him, but he''s great in the air and plays for city and that''s good enough for me. you know the mentality of some people on this board is so petty and pathetic. I admit doc had a good game wednesday, lets use him saturday. sorry if some people dont think I can hold this opinion.