Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

How come...

Palace can get two Inter Milan players on loan, the Baggies get Earnshaw and Inamoto on the same day, and yet we get nobody at all - zilch. Is our scouting system poor or is there another reason?

dunno!

Prehaps worthy has something up his sleeve for january.

And yes Palace and brom might be spending all there pennys right now, but you never know come january........

January is to late we need players now before it''s too late , i know worthy is doing his best but look how long he''s had to get a striker ,if he was going to get one it would of been last week , if he does get one before the window shuts he is very lucky , if we are in the relegation zone in january who will want to come to us , so worthy is going to gamble if we can;t find a striker

i for one am most dissapointed and actually annoyed, i came into today full of optimism we need another striker and it hasnt been done, the right deal obviously ndidnt come through but how i think we will suffer in the long run, u may say well what about januarly by january i think we will b sitting at the bottom of the tabl and whos gonna want to join a team at the bottom of the league????? by then it may b to late even if someone does come to us i mean before we expect to much from them they will have to adapt and get used to there team mates so were talking bout february!!! does anyone really think that between february and may this is gonna help us! as u can probably tell im very annoyed

Perhaps its because....wait for it....its never been said before....WE HAVE NOT GOT THE MONEY WBA AND PALACE HAVE!

When will people realise we haven''t got 3.5million to spend on a first division striker, and haven''t got a spare 40grand a week to spend on an italian international striker.

Would people have been more happy if we had spent 2mil on Helveg, 2mil on Jonson, and a couple of mil on Bentley, rather than get them for next to nothing

i know what you mean proud yellow you see wba & palace go out and buy some quality players who have we bought , doc a defender , BUT WE NEED A STRIKER NOW WE CAN''T KEEP RELIEING ON HUCKS AND THE DOC. cOME ON CITY BOARD STOP BEING TIGHT ARSE''S.

exactly no1 is saying lets go out and spend 3 mill on a player were just saying that we desperatly need a few more players! especially a striker! of course we wouldnt want to spend money if we didnt have to, but look at the big picture mate we wana get better we have no choice but to spend a few mill! its just logical, wake up

That''s unfair! I too am disappointed, but we are not a rich club and I feel the board cannot be blamed for this. It''s a matter of finding a striker that Worthy is happy with, that we can afford.
We will have to continue to play with the spirit, effort and teamwork that has got us here - and hope for better fortune in January.

OTBC

If we don''t sign a striker it won''t be the end of the world. Apart from someone putting the chances away the rest of the team is looking in good shape. Bentley is back again, Safri looks the part in midfield, the defence is holding up, all we need to do is get the right combination up front. I am confident that Worthy will sort it out, maybe Jarvis or Henderson will break into the team, we might play Jonson up front, McKenzie and Svensson may find some form, Doherty could remain up front possibly partnered by McVeigh. We have only played 4 games and it is going to take a little longer to get the right blend. I am glad Worthy has resisted paying over inflated prices for strikers who in some cases are no better than what we already have. Not one side so far has given us a good thrashing, we have held our head high against 3 of the top sides who have been in the Premiership for years. Most of the pundits have admitted that we are playing good football, be patient, that first win is not far away.

Again a post semingly intent on pushing the club into debt to follow a dream. A few reminders of folly see Leeds, Ipswich and a whole host of clubs hovering nearer the bottom of former Div 1.

Well said Robbo. We have had to cut our cloth............ There was a lot of negative vibe on here about Safri, he plays for half a match and now some people want him as a permanent fixture. Same with the Doc........... "who the hell is he? Spurs fans say he is rubbish" etc. Give the management a break, we have no money, if we had all paid the full price for the season tickets this year, we would have had a little more. But the club looked after us, so lets support them. They are doing the best they can with whats available.

oi, even if were going to be relegated (i hope not), cant we just enjoy this season????

C''mon lads (and gals) its the first time in a decade weve played a premier league match, and with our support and commitment we just might miss the drop and stay up. Like most of us at the start of the season were saying, even 1 point even just 1 place above the relegation zone and ill be happy.

So lets just get behind worthy, the board and the players we have and see what happens in january. You never know, svensson might get back to his normal self and play like last year, if he does.............. well.......... It will prove that with our support have picked his confidence up. I didnt see nothing wrong with what he did against arsenal when he came on, although he didnt have much time to influence the match. he IS premiership quality and he WILL show it. We just need to get behind anything to do with norwich city and bring them to life. We can do this, we are the city faithful.