Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

Whe're no better than when Grant was in charge

We could have gone for another 2 hours without scoring last night.

The only bright side was Cligan, by far our best player on the pitch.  Drury looked shaky, and will still not try and take on a defender.  Ostemober looked like someone who''s had his confidence knocked - couldn''t trap a ball to save his life.  Fozzy is no leader, definately didn''t lead by example.  Russell I felt sorry for, being player out on the right, then the left.

Hoolahoop I couldn''t work out where he was playing, wherever it was, it didn''t work, as we had no width whatsoever.  Lupoli and OJ have all the lovely flicks and fancy foot work...but that doesn''t score you goals.

We''re are fast becoming a side-wards team, that''s the only type of pass we seem to do!

Overall we''re no better than when Grant was in charge, same lack of creativity, just different players.

Were you there on Saturday??????!!

"Lack of creativity" - Creativity we had in abundance against Coventry, and in the first half vs Spurs. it''s the hitting the net bit we need to get right.

That was one game.......

I''d say that in more games this season than not, a lack of creativity will be our downfall..........

[quote user="3canaries"]

Hoolahoop I couldn''t work out where he was playing

[/quote]

I think maybe that was the point

I''m confused, according to Roeder we created chances tonight but didn''t stick them away but fans who went say we created nothing.

[quote user="Chrisr"]

Were you there on Saturday??????!!

"Lack of creativity" - Creativity we had in abundance against Coventry, and in the first half vs Spurs. it''s the hitting the net bit we need to get right. [/quote]

We can''t read too much into the Coventry performance yet Chris. Coventry may be a poor team that made us look good.

When Coventry have played a couple more games we can see how good/bad they are and only then judge our performance against them.

By the way Coventry are playing tonight v Aldershot.

Only chat up line I can remember nowadays is "do you come here often", I can still get it up all right though.

[quote user="3canaries"]

That was one game.......

I''d say that in more games this season than not, a lack of creativity will be our downfall..........

[/quote]

"That was one game" - can you tell me how many league games we have played so far this season. Oh, one!!!!!

And if you want to bring in the meaningless friendlies and league cup, then compare it to the 2003/4 season when we won the title.  We lost to Tottenham pre-season and went out of the cup 0-3 to lower league opposition.

I''m not saying we are going to win the league, but I think 2 competetive games into the season (one league, one cup) is far too early to just be talking doom and gloom and telling people what our downfall this season will be.

[quote user="3canaries"]

The only bright side was Cligan, by far our best player on the pitch.  Drury looked shaky, and will still not try and take on a defender.  Ostemober looked like someone who''s had his confidence knocked - couldn''t trap a ball to save his life.  Fozzy is no leader, definately didn''t lead by example.  Russell I felt sorry for, being player out on the right, then the left.

Hoolahoop I couldn''t work out where he was playing, wherever it was, it didn''t work, as we had no width whatsoever.  Lupoli and OJ have all the lovely flicks and fancy foot work...but that doesn''t score you goals.

We''re are fast becoming a side-wards team, that''s the only type of pass we seem to do!

Overall we''re no better than when Grant was in charge, same lack of creativity, just different players.

[/quote]

We played a second string back 4 and are still waiting for the big target man.It''s August 13th people.Lets calm down.The world has not ended yet!

[quote user="3canaries"]

[/quote]

Bingo...........is this the first call for the return to hoofball in 2008/09?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="3canaries"]

[/quote]

Bingo...........is this the first call for the return to hoofball in 2008/09?

[/quote]

Whenever I watch Arsenal, they seem to be a bit of a side-wards team too.  Difference is they stick it the net more often.  I thought fluid, passing, attractive football was the Norwich way - was when I were a lad any road.

[quote user="3canaries"]

[/quote]

Just like the start of last season. NCFC have failed to acquire a couple of good experienced strikers.

How many seasons are the fans expected to put with this lack of goal power?