Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Rasiak fits the bill

I must admit I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes to get our target man in but I think Rasiak is probably the best option of those mentioned thus far.

Howard is a bit of a cart horse

Ameobi is injury prone and would take a large punt financially (if it goes wrong what then)

Iversson could be worth a shout but unlikely as he has a first team shirt

Press down here in Southampton are saying he will not be playing as they are giving youngsters a go

been succesful at this level and not over the hill

his club are in deep financial trouble and desperate to reduce the wage bill so no problem prising him out like other potential targets.

People say that he can be lazy but he would have nearly 10 years on Dion and the role he needs to fulfill is not one of pace but winning the ball in the air holding up play and bringing in Cureton or Lupoli so we can see what they are made of.

I still think with the right partner Curo can do it at this level, lets not forget he was our leading scorer last season despite the stick he got. We didn''t have too many other options so defences knew that if they stopped him we were unlikely to score (same with Ched) hopefully is we have a threat from both front men as well as midfield we will have more success.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Just to add

6''3''

Record at Saints 29 goals in 51 starts

Record at Derby 19 goals in 43 starts

[/quote]

I''d rather see Rasiak here than any of the others mentioned.  He is a good header of the ball too a must for a target imho, and would be a cheaper option than Ameobi.  His scoring record as listed above is good for a big man.

Brilliant record, and proven at this level, I would love to see him here. Unlike the others we know he will score goals, and So''ton want to get rid, I suppose the only thing that might get in our way is his contract.

but your forgetting ameobi''s goals have come in the premiership a much tougher league and a much higher standard than the ccc

[quote user="Beauseant"]

My choice would be:

1 Iversen

2 Rasiak

3Ameobi

4 A dead donkey

5 Steve Howard

[/quote]

Priceless!! Received some very strange looks when I laughed out loud in the middle of the office.  The following post, re Gary, equally so.  Cheered up my dreary friday morning[:)][:D]

I know he wants Iversen & am convinced that''s the reason for the delay. My understanding is that everything is agreed, but Rosenborg cannot get a replacement I think they would like to, though, as (by their standards) his wage bill is huge. Don''t know how much longer Glenn will wait.