Sign in to follow this  
soccer

accepting midtable finish is not good enough

3 years since promotion the fans have got so fed up on here that ur all accepting mid table finish i know rome wasnt built in a day but it was built . the board have limited ambition i know but thought the fans would demand a top 6 finish were a big championship side not a small one accept nothing else but playoff position not midtable finish.

[quote user="soccer"]3 years since promotion the fans have got so fed up on here that ur all accepting mid table finish i know rome wasnt built in a day but it was built . the board have limited ambition i know but thought the fans would demand a top 6 finish were a big championship side not a small one accept nothing else but playoff position not midtable finish.[/quote]

When do you go back to school again "Chris"?  Having said that your standard of writing is definately improving. Perhaps we are performing a service and should let you continue. You can do punctuation now and everything!

[quote user="soccer"]3 years since promotion the fans have got so fed up on here that ur all accepting mid table finish i know rome wasnt built in a day but it was built . the board have limited ambition i know but thought the fans would demand a top 6 finish were a big championship side not a small one accept nothing else but playoff position not midtable finish.[/quote]

Why do we have to be a ''big'' or ''small'' Championship club?  I don''t think we are either.  We are an average one.  The division is very strong this year - there are 6 clubs alone with £10m parachute payments and several other clubs (Wolves, Ipswich, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday to name just four) who are at least as ''big'' as us, so it seems a bit deluded to ''demand'' a top 6 finish.  What planet are you living on?

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]Why do you put smiley faces on you''re titles?[/quote]

It''s so everyone knows to avoid them!

fans would demand a top 6 finish

demanding a top 6 finish doesn''t mean you get one. I f I were to say to DS, I want a top 6 finish, or we beter win the league Delia, it wont happen!

I think any sensible fan would accept a mid table finish this year after what happened last year, it is all about stabilisation and then progress, similar to what happened when Worthy first took over.

Mid table with a possible flirt with the play offs this year, then push hard for promotion the year after.

But they will accept it..............and much worse!

Quite right.  Anyone accepting mid-table, even with the ''rebuilding'' excuse being peddled needs their head examined.  Anyone, with a good run and a BIT OF CASH for one or two ''names'' can get out of this divison.  I always argue the view from outsiders that Norfolk people can be too laid back and are slow to respond etc.  However that stereotype rings true sometimes reading some comments around here.I want to be in the Premier league or at least challenging for it, I want the club and fans to be nasty and demanding and to EXPECT that success. 

And this proves my point.  Stablilisation and progress??  You sound like Gordon Brown.Forgive me put if the sensible fans are content with what you just posted, when Stoke proved ANY team can win this division then I will stick with the unsensible fans thank you. 

I think any sensible fan would accept a mid table finish this year after what happened last year, it is all about stabilisation and then progress, similar to what happened when Worthy first took over.

Mid table with a possible flirt with the play offs this year, then push hard for promotion the year after.

I think that a middle table finsih is the best we might have to live with, at the beginning of a rebuilding season, you can''t expect us to go straight to the top. I think in a few seasons it will be are time to shine.

Also think of this last time we were nealry releagated, the season after we hit straight back and got to the play off final. Could Last season be a omen..... Just think of that.