Sign in to follow this  
Muddy funster

Where are the doubters? It's all gone quiet over there!

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle MBE Lord of the Haymarket"]Of course

im pleased we are now signing players and I hope they all do well and

wish them all the best as i do to anyone who pulls on the shirt. That

does not change my opinion of the board that has let us down since the

Premiership badly, and feel its ok to let their pals the Turners on the

board for a mesley 2m loan, but make hardly any attempt to

get Mr Cullum on board when he offers 20m for transfers. Its one

big playhouse, and only their friends can play, and signing a few

players will not change my opinion of this board. Whats that rumour

again about someone suggesting she allow a supporters representitive on

board? "Im not have those peasants have a say". Just a rumour but

wouldnt shock me.[/quote]

Is it possible that you could offer praise to some aspect of the club

without bringing the board up and turning to slating them once

more.  Your views on the board are well known, whether we like it

or not, there''s very little need for you to remind us of them in every

single post.  You seem to find it difficult to give praise without

issuing a caveat, much like Wiz.  I think this is what gets up

people''s noses (certainly what gets up mine).

Try just saying something nice.  Go on, try... [:P]

Oh, and "realists" and "fantasists"? Seems to me those lines are somewhat blurred....

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

Typical whingeing bloody football fans - support your team!  Complain when you KNOW you have cause to complain.  Not before!

Our signings are very intersting and potentially excellent.  Bertie as left back, Osmosis as Right back, Hooligan as left wing, Bell as right wing. Now that is some exciting football to look forward to this season in anyone''s book.  Just need a target man and Curo and Lupoli will bag hat fulls from the crosses from the wing.  Shades of Phillips and Fox on the wings providing for Sutton and Fleck anyone?

Now have the decency to admit you were wrong and eat some humble pie please!

[/quote]I have always supported my team thank you. I admit that Glenn has done a good job on the transfer front and am looking forward to the new season much more than I was a couple of weeks ago but cannot shrug off the feeling that it has been more despite of than because of the Board. One can only wonder what they might have come up with had PC not forced their hand a bit?  The window isn''t shut yet, still time for Shacks, Curo and Russell to be sold and the traditional profit made. I will be dsappointed if we learn that the transfers have been the result of more borrowing in any form There''s a long long way to go yet and many questions to be asked and answered, it''s a bit early for childish taunting.

You make some good points, we certainly don''t know the full story, but I very much doubt we are in huge debt due to our purchases/loan moves.  It may be that the Turners et al are financing this themselves, but I don''t honestly know.

And as for childish taunts - I disagree.  Nothing there was childish or taunting - no more so than a number of your earlier posts about optimistic fans or the board [:D]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle MBE Lord of the Haymarket"]Of course im pleased we are now signing players and I hope they all do well and wish them all the best as i do to anyone who pulls on the shirt. That does not change my opinion of the board that has let us down since the Premiership badly, and feel its ok to let their pals the Turners on the board for a mesley 2m loan, but make hardly any attempt to get Mr Cullum on board when he offers 20m for transfers. Its one big playhouse, and only their friends can play, and signing a few players will not change my opinion of this board. Whats that rumour again about someone suggesting she allow a supporters representitive on board? "Im not have those peasants have a say". Just a rumour but wouldnt shock me.[/quote]
Is it possible that you could offer praise to some aspect of the club without bringing the board up and turning to slating them once more.  Your views on the board are well known, whether we like it or not, there''s very little need for you to remind us of them in every single post.  You seem to find it difficult to give praise without issuing a caveat, much like Wiz.  I think this is what gets up people''s noses (certainly what gets up mine).

Try just saying something nice.  Go on, try... [:P]

Oh, and "realists" and "fantasists"? Seems to me those lines are somewhat blurred....
[/quote]

Well its a bit hard, and some people are that thick that they need it explained to them time and time again, that I actually back anyone playing for our club 100% even John hartson, I just dont like the board. So when people start a thread saying people like me have gone quite, implying that we dont want the club to sign new players, I have to yet again explain my stance, and yes its getting a little boring for me now aswell but if people are too simple to understand it then I have to explain it again and again, which pisses off people like yourself who were smart enough to understand it the 1st time.

Glad to hear you always support the team - we all should.  I haven''t forgot Dave or Brellier, believe me - but surely you feel the signings we made aren''t going to flop like they did? Come on......be honest Wes, Clingan and Osmosis alone seem to be sharp and useful so far in pre-season, don''t they?

I do apologise for being too simple - really, how the hell did I get the BSc and Masters I''ll never know!

What you mean is that regardless of what happens at the club for the good, it won''t be due to the board, and whatever happens for the worse is their fault.  Brilliant!  And you say I''m simple!

I see your point, Arthur and I can understand how frustrating it is for

you that some people like to draw their battle lines so clearly -

you''re either with us or you''re against us.  Unfortunately that

seems to be how some people like to live their lives, in such simple

terms.  I still don''t agree with the terminology of "realists" and

"fantasists" though as that too tries to draw a line down the middle of

us posters and there are plenty of us who don''t like the board but

don''t want to spend all our time going on about it lest it drag us

under. 

I''d much rather enjoy the moment of the exciting new signings coming in

than wonder what it would have been like had Delia not been so mean to

nice Uncle Cullum.  Well, obviously I wonder, but that''s as far as

it goes.  However much they cost and regardless of how previous

"exciting" signings have turned out I''d much rather enjoy the moment as

Glenn rebuilds the squad as promised and look forward to how things

turn out.  I was quietly optimistic about last year''s signings,

but this time there''s a different feel to it all, something...

exciting! Of course they may all turn out to be a big pile of poo, but

who wants to go through life thinking that way....? Not me! Bring on

Coventry![:D]

Good post Monkey - The whole thread was meant to reflect my annoyance at the doom-mongers and the fact that they''d all gone quiet since we had some good news for a change.  I don''t have any battle lines to draw.  I am frustrated as anyone when we do poorly and as optimistic as anyone when we sign new players/start a new season.  I rather like being that way, similar to yourself I believe.

[quote user="Worst Wizard"]I have always supported my team thank you. I admit that Glenn has done a good job on the transfer front and am looking forward to the new season much more than I was a couple of weeks ago but cannot shrug off the feeling that it has been more despite of than because of the Board. One can only wonder what they might have come up with had PC not forced their hand a bit?  The window isn''t shut yet, still time for Shacks, Curo and Russell to be sold and the traditional profit made. I will be dsappointed if we learn that the transfers have been the result of more borrowing in any form There''s a long long way to go yet and many questions to be asked and answered, it''s a bit early for childish taunting.[/quote]Indeed it is. Especially the blue bit - its a shame you worded it to imply that you know though.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Good post Monkey - The whole thread was meant to reflect my annoyance at the doom-mongers and the fact that they''d all gone quiet since we had some good news for a change.  .[/quote]

I think missed the point about me having to bloody repeat myself again and again when people like you start threads like this.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I see your point, Arthur and I can understand how frustrating it is for you that some people like to draw their battle lines so clearly - you''re either with us or you''re against us.  Unfortunately that seems to be how some people like to live their lives, in such simple terms.  I still don''t agree with the terminology of "realists" and "fantasists" though as that too tries to draw a line down the middle of us posters and there are plenty of us who don''t like the board but don''t want to spend all our time going on about it lest it drag us under. 

I''d much rather enjoy the moment of the exciting new signings coming in than wonder what it would have been like had Delia not been so mean to nice Uncle Cullum.  Well, obviously I wonder, but that''s as far as it goes.  However much they cost and regardless of how previous "exciting" signings have turned out I''d much rather enjoy the moment as Glenn rebuilds the squad as promised and look forward to how things turn out.  I was quietly optimistic about last year''s signings, but this time there''s a different feel to it all, something... exciting! Of course they may all turn out to be a big pile of poo, but who wants to go through life thinking that way....? Not me! Bring on Coventry![:D]
[/quote]

Here here, roll on the new season. Glad you understand how frustrating it is.

All the best

Arthur

I think missed the point about me having to bloody repeat myself again and again when people like you start threads like this.

Now Arthur old chap, you really need to stop being indignant all the time. It''s not good for your blood pressure.

I do apologise for being too simple - really, how the hell did I get the BSc and Masters I''ll never know!

What you mean is that regardless of what happens at the club for the good, it won''t be due to the board, and whatever happens for the worse is their fault.  Brilliant!  And you say I''m simple!

[/quote]

"Oh ive got a BSc and Masters look at me". So does that make you right every time then does it? I own 3 propertys and a succesful business does that make me better than someone who rents a house? You started a thread saying we have all gone quiet. The fact is we havent. You imply that we dont want the club to do well and go quiet when it does but im do and  im sure the others do 100%, so yes i would say it is being a bit simple me having to explain to people like you time and time again, that i dont like the board but i follow the badge-get your BSC Masters thinking round that, or at least try.

People like me!  I think you may have a superiority complex there! Whilst we may disagree on things, can''t we all just live together in a Utopian society?

People like me!  I think you may have a superiority complex there! Whilst we may disagree on things, can''t we all just live together in a Utopian society?

[/quote]

Just forget it and move on.

[/quote]

What were your degree subjects ?

Not at all - read it again - I was implying I wans''t simple not that my opinion counted more than other peoples - that''s your philosophy.

Glad you run your own business - do you make sharp implements to pop childrens footballs that may stray into like minded peoples gardens???

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Muddy funster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quality Management (TQM).  Why?

Glad you run your own business - do you make sharp implements to pop childrens footballs that may stray into like minded peoples gardens???

[/quote]

Here we go again, someone runs out of arguments so they resort to a childish slanging match....ill just let you get on with it while i pop down the pub for a few malts. Have fun.

[quote user="Muddy funster"][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Muddy funster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quality Management (TQM).  Why?

[/quote]

I just wondered whether they were in anything serious like the Classics or Science.

I see that you have indeed resorted to that, but I won''t hold it against you - enjoy the whiskey.

[/quote]

I was only joking mate. Where did you take your degress, University College Dereham ?

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

I was only joking mate. Where did you take your degress, University College Dereham ?

[/quote]

Attempting to take the intelleck-chool high ground will leave you open to pedantry.

And anyway, the classics are only any use if Pater''s a brain surgeon or something in the city.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[/quote]

Attempting to take the intelleck-chool high ground will leave you open to pedantry.

And anyway, the classics are only any use if Pater''s a brain surgeon or something in the city.

[/quote]

Sorry I meant Durham ................ but, yes, you''re right in what you say. I was just having fun, no unpleasantness intended. I''m sure that a Masters degree in quality control is very important indeed. Plus I quite like old Arthur "reel him in" Whittle and I suppose in a funny sort of a way I waded in on his behalf ................... not that he needs my help of course.

It certainly was from my side guys - he seems a very angry man! 

The degree thing isn''t important I was just making Mr OBE not jump to conclusions by calling me stupid.

We''re all equal on here in my book.  Well, most of us [:D] 

It certainly was from my side guys - he seems a very angry man! 

The degree thing isn''t important I was just making Mr OBE not jump to conclusions by calling me stupid.

We''re all equal on here in my book.  Well, most of us [:D] 

[/quote]

Yes, he''s very angry most of the time. I keep telling him to take time out and have a nice mug of cocoa but he never listens to me and for some reason gets even angrier even with me who is just trying to offer kindly advice. It''s a real puzzle.

Anyway, I was just being mischievous about your degrees. Good luck to you mate.

[/quote]

I''m afraid you could spend 50 years at University...and still have no common sense. That is something we''re either gifted with or not....and it cannot be learned. Many an academic can rattle off endless statistics learnt parrot fashion...but ask them to solve a practical problem and they are totally daft.....

Far too many on here are knee jerk reactionists...while others are rather more realistic about life. That I guess is the difference between "realists" and "fantasists"....and why Smith and Co. have managed to fool so many for so long while the so called "doubters" keep a level head and see through the spin.........