Sign in to follow this  
Muddy funster

Where are the doubters? It's all gone quiet over there!

[quote user="Dictator Smith"] As for money  not signifying quality i''m afraid i will have to disagree the better the player the higher the fee.[/quote]Michael Ballack - FreeGareth Barry - £15million+Dimitar Berbatov - £10.9millionDarren Bent - £16.5millionEdwin van de Sar - £2millionCraig Gordon - £9millionI could go on. It''s all about the wages these days and I bet Stefanovic is on a fair old whack!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Muddy funster"]

Typical whingeing bloody football fans - support your team!  Complain when you KNOW you have cause to complain.  Not before!

Our signings are very intersting and potentially excellent.  Bertie as left back, Osmosis as Right back, Hooligan as left wing, Bell as right wing. Now that is some exciting football to look forward to this season in anyone''s book.  Just need a target man and Curo and Lupoli will bag hat fulls from the crosses from the wing.  Shades of Phillips and Fox on the wings providing for Sutton and Fleck anyone?

Now have the decency to admit you were wrong and eat some humble pie please!

[/quote]

yeh all looks brilliant on paper... remind me again the last team to win a game played on paper alone?

jas :)

[/quote]Don''t think anyone reckons we''re gonna win the league though. The fact is, the naysayers were adamant that this season will end in relegation. Now it doesn''t look so likely, does it?!

Go offer Portsmouth £50,000 Nugent or Newcastle the same for Ameobi and they would laugh at you , Stefanovic wont be on high wages at Norwich hes 33 and probably glad of the chance to play instead of turning out for Fulham reserves.

But with the Cullum millions and the better signings it might have ended with promotion , who wants to muddle about in the middle of the Championship .

Glen''s done a really good job on the recruitment front so far - he had to because he''d sacked so many. I like the players he''s brought in, but the best prospects are loans. The others are probably good Championship standard. If we get promoted, it''ll be another major overhaul. But I''d back him to do a good job of that too. His ruthlessness is long overdue here. The best thing is I reckon the players have got the message at last, they know he isn''t bluffing. Roll on the Spurs game....

[quote user="Mook"]Don''t think anyone reckons we''re gonna win the league though. The fact is, the naysayers were adamant that this season will end in relegation. Now it doesn''t look so likely, does it?![/quote]You''re right Mook - a poster on the Reading forum reckons we''ll finish 2nd, just behind them!!

didn''t we have the same rallying call last season after signing brellier, strihavka et al?

i hope you''re optimism bears fruit but only time will tell - either way.

the time to gloat will be at the end of the season not before the start!

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

didn''t we have the same rallying call last season after signing brellier, strihavka et al?

[/quote]

lol... I would say you have hit the nail on the head there Fillet... [Y]

Think we are a long way short of pushing for anything much above 16th place at best presently (best case scenario).

A position that would be well short of what is needed to keep Cullum from the door I would think.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[/quote]

lol... I would say you have hit the nail on the head there Fillet... [Y]

Think we are a long way short of pushing for anything much above 16th place at best presently (best case scenario).

A position that would be well short of what is needed to keep Cullum from the door I would think.

[/quote]

Spot on, everyone builds themselves up for disappointment.

i dont agree

yes i did expect better than 17th but i dont think anyone expected a miracle.

this year we definataly have a better squad, hoolihan lupoli ect 

we also have a better manager

and another striker on the way

i can see top half atleast, and you know in the championship anything can happen - hull - derby - watford

i

i dont agree

i can see top half atleast, and you know in the championship anything can happen - hull - derby - watford

i hate

i dont agree

i hate the

i dont agree

i hate the doommongerers on here

plus it is only a game

[quote user="LappinRonaldinho"]

i dont agree

plus it is only a game

[/quote]

It''s only a game? Why post that on a football forum, as if we didn''t know. [:@]

And you better be sorry Kieran.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

Typical whingeing bloody football fans - support your team!  Complain when you KNOW you have cause to complain.  Not before!

Our signings are very intersting and potentially excellent.  Bertie as left back, Osmosis as Right back, Hooligan as left wing, Bell as right wing. Now that is some exciting football to look forward to this season in anyone''s book.  Just need a target man and Curo and Lupoli will bag hat fulls from the crosses from the wing.  Shades of Phillips and Fox on the wings providing for Sutton and Fleck anyone?

[/quote]

Firstly mate i''ll always support the TEAM unlike some at CR. Secondly we really don''t know an awful lot about these players rather like the ones every Percy got excited about last season. Do they do the equivalent of  ''le Judge'' Flag in Serbian?!!![;)] Lest we forget hey?

Lappin = Ronaldinho

i dont agree

plus it is only a game

"Hate" is a strong word....but us "doom-mongerers" (also known as realists) aren''t too fond of you "fantasisers" either....but we''re more tolerant based on your naivity.

You''ll get there in the end....as we all do.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

"Hate" is a strong word....but us "doom-mongerers" (also known as realists) aren''t too fond of you "fantasisers" either....but we''re more tolerant based on your naivity.

[/quote]

Realists are you? The same "realists" that claimed the club was near administration? Funny that, I''m sure we''ve just spent about £2 million on players, with more to come. But you "realists" carry on clinging to every piece of bullpoo that people like 1st Wizard say, and us "fantasisers" will continue to laugh at you when your proved wrong time and time again! 

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]How much have we spent on permanent signings ? not that much at all and if we dont spend around £3-4 million on a couple of class strikers i will feel let down .Clingan-free Hoolahan- £250,000 Stefanovic ? £200,000 ish Bell- £400,000 ish when you look at it without the loans its not all that great .
[/quote]

get a life will you so what if they cost 200,000 or 400,000 or in free it doesnt matter how much they cost its what they do on the pitch that matters.

well done glenn and the board keep up the good work

p.s WHERE IS 1ST WIZ VERY QUIET

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Stefanovic wont be on high wages at Norwich hes 33 and probably glad of the chance to play instead of turning out for Fulham reserves.
[/quote]

I dare say he''s taken a wage cut to come here but I would imagine he is one of our highest paid players, otherwise he would have sat tight at Fulham on Premiership wages and moved on a free next year.

I''m not one of those who is now wildly optimistic and thinks we''re going to win the league but I can''t for the life of me understand why people can''t at least give GR some credit for what seem like a decent bunch of signings thus far. It just seems to me that certain posters feel they have to keep moaning so everybody knows just how much they despise the current board, but it''s perfectly OK to be happy with some decent signings and still have reservations over the overall running of the club.

[/quote]

mind your own business Taffy

[/quote]

mind your own business Taffy

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Stefanovic

wont be on high wages at Norwich hes 33 and probably glad of the chance

to play instead of turning out for Fulham reserves.[/quote]

I dare say he''s taken a wage cut to come here but I would imagine he

is one of our highest paid players, otherwise he would have sat

tight at Fulham on Premiership wages and moved on a free next year.

I''m not one of those who is now wildly optimistic and thinks we''re

going to win the league but I can''t for the life of me understand why

people can''t at least give GR some credit for what seem like a decent

bunch of signings thus far. It just seems to me that certain posters

feel they have to keep moaning so everybody knows just how much they

despise the current board, but it''s perfectly OK to be happy with some

decent signings and still have reservations over the overall running of

the club.

[/quote]

Well said, Shack.  Whilst the "Doom mongerers", to use the term

mentioned earlier, complain that they are given short thrift by the

"fantasisers" who say they don''t support the club, some of those same

"doom mongerers" accuse anyone who gets excited about the team of being

board supporters.  It works both ways.

I''ve always maintained that I try to hold the middle ground - I don''t

agree with the board''s recent decisions but more important for me is

how things go on the pitch, and right now - pre-season, admittedly - I

feel there''s some cause for optimism.

Does seem odd that certain posters have all but disappeared over recent

weeks though... nothing to say on our recent influx of signings?

Good....[;)]

[quote user="king of latvia"]

[/quote]

Basking in the bloody hot sunshine pal...............I do have another life you know!

Speak to me again after the Coventry game matey..........thats the real test, not friendly games!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="king of latvia"]

[/quote]

Basking in the bloody hot sunshine pal...............I do have another life you know!

Speak to me again after the Coventry game matey..........thats the real test, not friendly games!.

[/quote]

But surely even you must be slightly excited by the new signings.....Will we ever see an optimistic first wizard post, how do you think we will fare against coventry.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

Realists are you? The same "realists" that claimed the club was near administration? Funny that, I''m sure we''ve just spent about £2 million on players, with more to come. But you "realists" carry on clinging to every piece of bullpoo that people like 1st Wizard say, and us "fantasisers" will continue to laugh at you when your proved wrong time and time again! 

[/quote]

I can''t remember many people stating we were near Admin and i find it hard we ever will be with 25000 fans going every week, what i find bag is fantasists like you getting excited about spending 2 million with such high attendances! GR has signed what he said he would so its no surprise whatsoever that he''s signed these players and the quality,although still questionable ow little about them, is down to GR''s contacts and networking. I would say the realists have been laughing at the fantasists a hell of a lot more, but than again being a fantasists i doubt you realise that. Remember this time last season before you all start wetting your knickers again, it seems you really don''t learn do you?

Of course im pleased we are now signing players and I hope they all do well and wish them all the best as i do to anyone who pulls on the shirt. That does not change my opinion of the board that has let us down since the Premiership badly, and feel its ok to let their pals the Turners on the board for a mesley 2m loan, but make hardly any attempt to get Mr Cullum on board when he offers 20m for transfers. Its one big playhouse, and only their friends can play, and signing a few players will not change my opinion of this board. Whats that rumour again about someone suggesting she allow a supporters representitive on board? "Im not have those peasants have a say". Just a rumour but wouldnt shock me.

Dave Striker, Jullian Brellier anyone? Remember how you were all raving about them this time last year? Lets get behind them and watch them play before we start boasting about a few permanants and a few loans. Lets remember that with 25,000 gates and still the profit from the sales of Lewis, Safri, Etuhu, Earnshaw etc there should be around 3-4m in the kitty anyway, unless they blew it on catering.......again!