Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

"im better than him!"

all of us have been following City for some time now... Quite a few attend away games as well as home...

There always seems to be 1 player in a team, either for you or against you, who looks like he has never kicked a football in his life and has been ushered in off the street for the game.

Players who''s own fans groan when the ball goes anywhere near and who a 1 legged blind Drunk could skin for skill.

so.. which players have you seen, Either for City or another side, who has been crap every week? which player has had you thinking "im better than him!", when lets face it.. you probably ARE!"

We''ve had some crap at Norwich over the years but for me the worst of the bunch simply has to be Trevor Benjamin.. he came on Loan from Leicester i think it was and i dont think actually touhed the ball in any of his games for us... i can remember him aimlessly air kicking it against WBA on the TV.. the sad thing is, thats probably the closest he ever came to making an impact...

I really do think he became a footballer for a bet... or because he owed someone money and had to repay it Quickly! shocking.. and yes, despite being crap myself, i do think im better than him!

Anyone else adding players? we could have a laugh with this

jas :)

Andy Hughes.  I watched him sometimes and thought how the hell did he become a footballer.Also felt the same about Chris Llewylennenenenen

NO ANDY HUGHES IS A LEGEND, why does everyone doubt him ( he is a crap midfielder) he can do a job at right-back, and he did it well.

i may be going to far with the ''legend'' bit :D

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]NO ANDY HUGHES IS A LEGEND, why does everyone doubt him ( he is a crap midfielder) he can do a job at right-back, and he did it well.

i may be going to far with the ''legend'' bit :D[/quote]Colchester away?  Hull at home in the last minute ?   and another and another and another.........

Carl robinsons another one i wonder about... I did offer to put it to the test at Colney that i was better than him.. but nothing ever came of it.. Carl was obviously to scared of being embaressed ;)

I have to plump for Ade Akinbiyi here. Yes, he''s done well since he left us but when he played for City I genuinely believe they could have asked 75% of people in the crowd to play and they''d have done a better job. (And before someone says it, I don''t mean 75% of the crowd at once because even Norwich might win if they play 11 vs 20,000 - although that''s on the understanding that Simon Tracey''s not in goal... Oooo, can I have him too???)

Seconding Shaun Carey, also pretty much everyone Hamilton signed, I think Fernando Derveld was the clumsiest footballer I''ve ever seen, made Titus Bramble look as graceful as a ballet dancer.

James Henry away at Leicester. I know its harsh mocking a youngster and unfair to judge on one game. But that was atruly awful performance which I remember making me say ''I could have done better than him''. simply because all i would have had to have done was kicked the ball into the area once without running it out of play beforehand...

John Hartson has to be the pick of the bunch. People say he was decent as he could hold the ball up with his tsrength. Im sorry. he showed he had no strength at all by falling over all the time. Therefore I also believe I could have done a better job than him [:D]

I''ll post more when i think of them...

Great question!

I saw Malky Mackay when he first arrived from Celtic.  I was at Ewood Park away and nearly got onto the pitch to tell him to take my place in the stand because I really truly believed i would have done a better job.  His positional sense was all shot to pieces and he didn''t get near a player to make a tackle!

Needless to say the latter part of that season and then onwards he was a rock in defense.  And just as quick [;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

all of us have been following City for some time now... Quite a few attend away games as well as home...

There always seems to be 1 player in a team, either for you or against you, who looks like he has never kicked a football in his life and has been ushered in off the street for the game.

Players who''s own fans groan when the ball goes anywhere near and who a 1 legged blind Drunk could skin for skill.

so.. which players have you seen, Either for City or another side, who has been crap every week? which player has had you thinking "im better than him!", when lets face it.. you probably ARE!"

We''ve had some crap at Norwich over the years but for me the worst of the bunch simply has to be Trevor Benjamin.. he came on Loan from Leicester i think it was and i dont think actually touhed the ball in any of his games for us... i can remember him aimlessly air kicking it against WBA on the TV.. the sad thing is, thats probably the closest he ever came to making an impact...

I really do think he became a footballer for a bet... or because he owed someone money and had to repay it Quickly! shocking.. and yes, despite being crap myself, i do think im better than him!

Anyone else adding players? we could have a laugh with this

[/quote]

Daryl Sutch

[quote user="no. 6"]Seconding Shaun Carey, also pretty much everyone Hamilton signed, I think Fernando Derveld was the clumsiest footballer I''ve ever seen, made Titus Bramble look as graceful as a ballet dancer.[/quote]

Great story about Fernando Derveld. My Mrs was working for N.U. and Fernando calls up to make a claim as he''s crashed his car. Apparantly his English wasn''t so hot, but the Mrs was patient and took all his details etc and he then attempted flirting in pigeon English. He ended up asking her "You wan'' cum sum dinner?" And I thought the Dutch were taught English from a young age!

Robert Rosario.  I know he scored the goal of the season but he missed some terrible chances.  I remember the opposition goal keeper having a moment of madness, rushing out, someone else lobed him and Rosie ran on to it - all he had to do was knock it into the net, he could have gone down on his knees and headed it in, back healed, he could even have knocked it in with his grundles, but no, Rosie went for the expansive volley, which resulted in him smashing it off the bar from 5 yard out. Dreadful.

[quote]

He ended up asking her "You wan'' cum sum dinner?"

[/quote]

I once heard that line too.. in a Dutch movie :|

Danny Mills in his first game for Norwich looked like a 16 year old schoolboy who could have been knocked over by a feather. I played against him once when he was a schoolboy and knocked him all over the park (granted I was about 2 stone heavier than him). When I saw him the following season I couldn''t believe how much he''d bulked up.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Robert Rosario.  I know he scored the goal of the season but he missed some terrible chances.  I remember the opposition goal keeper having a moment of madness, rushing out, someone else lobed him and Rosie ran on to it - all he had to do was knock it into the net, he could have gone down on his knees and headed it in, back healed, he could even have knocked it in with his grundles, but no, Rosie went for the expansive volley, which resulted in him smashing it off the bar from 5 yard out. Dreadful.

[/quote]

He was the unluckiest player I ever saw. I''m sure he hit the woodwork more times than he scored one season. Can anyone confirm this?

[quote user="Ipswich Are Scum!"]

James Henry away at Leicester. I know its harsh mocking a youngster and unfair to judge on one game. But that was atruly awful performance which I remember making me say ''I could have done better than him''. simply because all i would have had to have done was kicked the ball into the area once without running it out of play beforehand...

John Hartson has to be the pick of the bunch. People say he was decent as he could hold the ball up with his tsrength. Im sorry. he showed he had no strength at all by falling over all the time. Therefore I also believe I could have done a better job than him [:D]

I''ll post more when i think of them...

Agreed with the James Henry one! He was shocking in that leicester game. I think everyone was poor in that game but he made the rest of the squad look like world beaters!

Andy Hughes was not the greatest passer of the ball but he was a bloody good full back and should and could have been given the chance to make that position his own. Of the very few games he played there he was man of the match at least twice by a mile, but the blind twat picking it failed to notice. I actually believe one was against the scum when he put in a blinding full back display and the rest of the side were pathetic. The announcement came over the tannoy as we were exiting the ground that the absolutely useless "I am better than him" Docherty was named it. One of the most disgraceful MOM decisions at Carrow Rd in years.Docherty wins this one by a mile and if our managers dont notice his failings soon, we are destined for more failure.Croft is ok running with the ball with his head down but when he looks up it all goes horribly wrong, he has no football brain or vision or talent to pass a ball. I remember watching a game during one of our many recent terrible runs and he ran the ball down the right towards the barclay. He beat his man into the box and then looked up to pick his cross. Not a single Norwich player had made a run to get in the box (Meaning there was not a single yellow shirt in there!) Croft had a half chance if shooting but instead decided to play a floating cross into the 6 yard box. Why for christs sake he had looked and seen we did not have anybody there. He is a complete and utter headless chicken. Me and my mate just looked at each other speechless! We did not even need to say anything we just both started laughing as we did not think it best to cry in the snakepit!

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Leave Hughes alone
[/quote]

agreed leave hoooze alone. im better than him though

Shaun Carey... Mike Milligan... Carl Robinson... Andy Hughes...

Now there''s a midfield to strike laughter into the hearts of the opposition...

Christ, who''s that "striker" who used to play for Boro a few years ago

and couldn''t hit a cow''s arse with a banjo... probably retired now,

can''t remember his name dammit!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]BRIAN DEANE!!!!!!!
[/quote]

good player for sheff utd and did ok for Leeds.. he was knocking on a bit by the time Boro got him.. perhaps we can forgive him his sins on this occasion!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Carl robinsons another one i wonder about... I did offer to put it to the test at Colney that i was better than him.. but nothing ever came of it.. Carl was obviously to scared of being embaressed ;)

[/quote]

Carl Robinson was poor for us, but he has always been a top player for Wales. Just didnt fit in here.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote]

He ended up asking her "You wan'' cum sum dinner?"

[/quote]

I once heard that line too.. in a Dutch movie :|

[/quote]

Was he a plumber?  I think I may have seen that movie....