Sign in to follow this  
Badger Pie

Footballer's filling the gaps

I just saw some cricket presenter who kept repeating the word actually when giving various snippets of news, as though everything he said was surprising. It reminded me of annoying football interviews where people keep repeating words or noises just to fill the gaps (and for their brain to catch up).

I''ll start with David ''EEEEERRRRRMMMM'' O''Leary.

Jacques Santini was bad for "eerrrrrr"-ing, but then the bloke could hardly speak English, so he''s excused I guess.Peter Grant said "There''s no doubt about that" a lot.

''Basically'' is one that''s creeping tinto the game as well. Ironic, given that they then explain somehting that''s simple in a complicated way.

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]not speech related but I love Harry Redknapps twitches when hes being interviewed.
[/quote]

On that note, how bad is Gordon Strachen? Whenever he is interviewed he looks anywhere except at the reporter [:S]

I think in every sentence Worthy use to say  " know mean ".  That use to have me in stitches.

Worthy was without fail ''cant fault the work rate or the committment.''

And also the classic ''we will play worse than that and win'' after we lose.

[quote user="Badger Pie"]''Basically'' is one that''s creeping tinto the game as well. Ironic, given that they then explain somehting that''s simple in a complicated way.[/quote]I dislike the reference of calling anyone under the age of 30 within the game ''the lad'',so irritatingly condescending.

I have got a football gaffes video at home.. on it is an interview woth Former Chelsea striker, now Barnet Physio Mark Stein he says the word "like" 64 times in a 2 minute interview...

jas :)