Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Funny sort of Slavery

Interesting to see that the normally quiet and passive Sepp Blatter has waded in on the Ronaldo saga...and apparently slavery now means getting paid 120k a week.

Have to say that his comments on players being treated like a modern form of slavery is laughable, espacially in Ronaldo''s case. Here is a guy that at the age of 21 must be worth millions. He''s paid a stupidly high wage, must recieve thousands, if not millions through sponsorship and merchandise, but apparently he''s a slave! Also, remembering how Ronaldo was protrayed by the press and public after the 2006 World Cup, United showed fantastic loyalty to him.

Still, suppose it couldn''t happen to a nicer club.

Makes a bit of a mockery of the original ''slaves'' as well doesn''t it?

The man is a Class 1 Twat (no need for ** in the word, this is one instance where you should be able to call it like it is)

[quote user="andy larkin"]I just tried to type TWAT in that previous post but it got censored. Can''t we type TWAT now?[/quote]obviously not ya TW*T!!!!!Wink [;)]

Really strange interpretation of slavery....I mean he (Ronaldo) only has a contract which he agreed to and signed and now wants to walk away from........and that makes a footballer a slave when his club wont sell him??????.

Talk about the lunatics running the asylum.

Blatter is off his rocker!!

Blatter is a moron - plain and simple. Everybody says stupid things from time to time, but he repeatedly makes ridiculous and idiotic comments, and that''s not acceptable for somebody in such a "high" position.Answer me this though, how is it possible that somebody as ridiculous as Blatter can be president of FIFA, and for multiple terms? Perhaps Wikipedia has the answer?

If this is slavery then sign me up.

I don''t know who deserves the bigger slating, Blatter for being a complete idiot or the Portugese My Little Trick Pony.

SSN are now reporting that Ronaldo has been interviewed and agrees with Blatter''s quote. What a tw@t (That''s how you do it [;)])

This much is true Shack, although I''d have thought the correct way would be TW@. Reason being that the @ symbol when spoken is pronounced ''at'' which would render the spelling TWATT which isn''t the correct spelling no?

God, I am so so so so bored. Please just sign someone City. Please.

i hate Sepp Blatter i hate that other one, whats his name.... begins with a V i think...

and i despise Real Madrid, although Calderon is starting to get funny, his opinion changes more than Wiz''s... hey wait... nah.

Its very much in danger of becoming exactly like formula one - a complete circus, where millionaires bicker and complain, merely to keep themselves and their moneymaker in the spotlight.  

I find not just content of these comments but the timing of them too absolutely unbelievable. We are on the brink of the worst recession for donkeys years with people losing jobs, not being able to afford to fill up their cars at the pumps, be able to afford the rising food priceses or keep up with the high mortgage payments.

However all our worries are nothing compared to these poor footballers who have to train for at least a couple of hours everyday and THEN  if they are one of the even more unfortunate slaves who have to put themselves through 90 minutes of competitive action on a Saturday. I just dont know how they cope with it all!