Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Norwich Supporters/Fans...

This is so frustrating, the season before we got into the play-off final, we had loyal fans that really supported the club and love the club at heart. Ever since we got noticed when we reached the play-off final we have had interest from ''FANS'' and they are now calling themselves loyal supporters and make it out as if Norwich means everything to them... Especially when we went up into the prem... The amount of so called passionate norwich supporters that all of a sudden appear and claim their loyalty to the club and how they love Norwich... Just does my head when the club may not be in such a successful period of time at the moment and people are bragging on about how cr*p the club is being run and how we are falling apart ect... Just think yourself lucky about how well this club has done over the years... The Hamilton, Rioch times and then we climbed up and gained promotion with no major funds... Our club arent stupid and know when to and when not to take risks... We could be a Leeds right now if we had some moron at the club... Sorry if i sound negative but i am actually in positive of the club... I can see we are falling behind in the modern game of football as money is taking over football sadly... However when people say get delia out and all of this and that she has ruined the club... Think again and just remember hwo much she has helped the club over the past.. If we didnt have Delia we would be screwed!!! Yes it may be time for her to look at the bigger picture and future financially but comeon, take it on the chin and have faith and confidence that this well run club is doing the right things to move forward. Investment hopefully come if the right circumstances come and the right signings come... I am a fan of Roeder and feel he knows exactly what he is doing... He will buy 5-6 players from now till start of season then seek 5-6 loan signings also in my opinion...Many more days to come so lets not start worrying too much and actually give the club some time :) (yes im ready for hundreds of you to backfire at me) 

Just what i expecting to see in responses... I am talking about people who just expect everything ona  plate, if success isnt there theyll leave and when theyre doign well they follow and claim theyre the most passionate people on this earth for the club, with your response yu obviously dont come under this category...

Does the fact that I went to my first game when in 1997, against Swindon at home not make me a fan, even though I lost a bit of interest until my mid-teens, and then started going frequently during the season of the play-off final? I apologise for the gap, but it doesn''t make me any less of a fan than you Mr. Bates.

It''s almost like saying you''re a fan of a certain band before they became popular with chart success. Does it matter whether you''ve been following them since the prem or before? Personally, I think it''s good to see youngsters taking up the yellow & green rather than the team who are successful at that time!

Before you retort, my first match was when I was 8, I''m now 27. Does that qualify me as a real fan?

PS - I liked Coldplay, Feeder & Ash before they got famous......... hahahaha

We could be a Leeds now.........yeah, may be, but.....we could also be a Portsmouth right now....if we had been a better run club in the mid/late 90s.Folk who have supported the club through thick and thin have every right to hope and pray for the good times to happen again.  On the basis that it is generally the same people who pay the wages of  those, who relatively speaking let us down year after year, they have every right to bitch and moan.As for your ridiculous comments about loyal fans.  You just have to look at the success of the club in recent years and the, frankly, staggering average attendances to realise that NCFC does have the support of a large number of genuinely loyal fans, who will stick through thick and thin (although they might enjoy a good moan through the thin).  If these fans were "loyal" (in inverted commas) then they wouldn''t still be hanging around.By the way, I went to my first game in 1984 - am I loyal enough to comment, or don''t I measure up to your exacting standards?

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Showing my age, I was a huge fan of INXS before they became famous.
[/quote]

Ah, I only got into INXS around the early nineties. I have been bested in an INXSfest.

Batesy, Shut up, your digging yourself a hole my man. i agree people should be more positive and thankful for what we do have. whether you supported the club since childbirth or in the last few years matters not if you care about the club and support everything decision it makes. sometimes the board/manager get it wrong, they ARE human afterall, they care just as much as us, and they want the best th same as we do. before i get blasted as a Pro-Delia activist, some of the comments she makes are truthful and you can fully see she cares to the same extent as us.

Pull together fellas, and lasses. to be honest there is one thing the fans can control is our week in week out support, which we do to our fullest. the Scum game at home showed us what a crowd can do, middlesborough at home proved it also. QPR at the end of the season, the atmosphere was electric and we spurred our team on to what turned out to be a vital victory.

we cannot control who we buy, who wants to come, who wants to go, who we keep. but can continue to support and foolow this amazing team that whilst we may not be the best on the pitch, we are the best in all of our own hearts. we sit here and moan, nothing we moan about is gunna make it change. these types of things sort themselves out. the one thing i can say, is some people are not SUPPORTERS of this club anymore. follow the team, support the decisions its makes like you would your own child, you may not agree, but you try your hardet to make it work for them. come on Ladies and Gentlemen, i depart this message with a firm statement that we need to stay together if this process of rebulding is going to work, Patience is required as things do sort themselves out. Chin up fellas, as Batesy said, it Could be worse, it could be better. but its NCFC and no matter what they choose to do i''ll be there 3:00pm on a saturday singing my heart out supporting what we do have, what ever little that is.

Okay, rant over

OTBC

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Just what i expecting to see in responses... I am talking about people who just expect everything ona  plate, if success isnt there theyll leave and when theyre doign well they follow and claim theyre the most passionate people on this earth for the club, with your response yu obviously dont come under this category...[/quote]

If I was expecting success on a plate I would have picked a different team than NCFC to support young man. In August I will be starting my 55th season and would hazzard a guess that not many than 10% of them have been what you might call successful.

I''m not trying to put you off Michael because there have been some great ups and downs over the years but if it''s success you want then try Man U or Liverpool.

Yes, I guess everyone criticizes the board has only been a fan since the play off final. I must have imagined attending all those games for years before hand...

What a pointless load of drivel Bates. From 1974-1987 when I got married and started having kids I travelled to every and I mean every home and away league and cup game including pre season uk games a few times finding myself  stuck in my mates broken down Morris minor is some god awful places in some god awful weather in the early hours of a Thursday or Sunday morning. Try and visualise travelling to Newcastle and back in a clapped out Morris Minor for 90 minutes of football. We''ve run the gauntlet in Anfield park,the corrugated iron tunnel at Cardiff,try to shelter from the pouring rain under the old scoreboard at Stamford bridge had the poo kick out of me in Cleethorpes among other places. Had my DM boots taken off me and then lost by the police in Brighton. And then because I''ve lost faith in our current board I''m no longer a proper fan. 

Do you go to games you keyboard warrior, I have my doubts.

[quote user="Michael Bates"]This is so frustrating, the season before we got into the play-off final, we had loyal fans that really supported the club and love the club at heart. Ever since we got noticed when we reached the play-off final we have had interest from ''FANS'' and they are now calling themselves loyal supporters and make it out as if Norwich means everything to them... Especially when we went up into the prem... The amount of so called passionate norwich supporters that all of a sudden appear and claim their loyalty to the club and how they love Norwich... Just does my head when the club may not be in such a successful period of time at the moment and people are bragging on about how cr*p the club is being run and how we are falling apart ect... Just think yourself lucky about how well this club has done over the years... The Hamilton, Rioch times and then we climbed up and gained promotion with no major funds... Our club arent stupid and know when to and when not to take risks... We could be a Leeds right now if we had some moron at the club... Sorry if i sound negative but i am actually in positive of the club... I can see we are falling behind in the modern game of football as money is taking over football sadly... However when people say get delia out and all of this and that she has ruined the club... Think again and just remember hwo much she has helped the club over the past.. If we didnt have Delia we would be screwed!!! Yes it may be time for her to look at the bigger picture and future financially but comeon, take it on the chin and have faith and confidence that this well run club is doing the right things to move forward. Investment hopefully come if the right circumstances come and the right signings come... I am a fan of Roeder and feel he knows exactly what he is doing... He will buy 5-6 players from now till start of season then seek 5-6 loan signings also in my opinion...Many more days to come so lets not start worrying too much and actually give the club some time :) (yes im ready for hundreds of you to backfire at me) [/quote]

I think you are missing the point Michael as to why people are angry and worried. Reality kicked home last season when we were nearly in the 3rd tier of English football all of this caused by the selection of a poor manager that was picked by a penny-pinching board, and you cant tell me Grant was not a cheap option. This prudence with ambition rubbish cost us our prem league status buying Ashton when it was to late. Dont get me wrong I would never wish the board to go mad and jepordise the club but want them to take calculated risks as they did with Hucks, Crouch etc and you have seen the rewards that can bring. I have been a Norwich supporter for 40+ years went to my first game 35 years ago, and last year was the worst year ever. Delia has done good things but like the pre Delia era pies she is well past her sell by date. Time for change, time for investment, and time to take a risk.

[quote user="norwichsnewfinest"]

It''s almost like saying you''re a fan of a certain band before they became popular with chart success. Does it matter whether you''ve been following them since the prem or before? Personally, I think it''s good to see youngsters taking up the yellow & green rather than the team who are successful at that time!

Before you retort, my first match was when I was 8, I''m now 27. Does that qualify me as a real fan?

PS - I liked Coldplay, Feeder & Ash before they got famous......... hahahaha

[/quote]

ASH - Awesome performance at the UEA! Glad to see some posters on here have taste in music, amongst the nutters that want the Kasabian song replaced weith Bon Jovi/Status Quo or similar garbage. Get down to HMV and sort yourselves out!