Sign in to follow this  
HuckerbysMullet

Maceo Rigters?

Anybody else praying this chap finds his way back to Carrow Road again? I think he would be an absolute quality signing at this level and could easily grab as many goals as Earnie did for us, same type of player, just needs a big man next to him to hold the ball up. Bring on Rigters and Crouch I say [:P] *jokes*

I''m in the minority here but I don''t rate him at all. If he signs I''ll bump this thread at a later date to say I told you so.

I thibk the guy just needs a game or two to pove his quality......he was class for NAC Breda and at Dutch under 21 level........he wasn''t given a chance at Rovers and he got injured with us............I just feel given a good run in the team he will be a great signing

nah - not for me - sure has potential - back in holland - didn''t like the look of the boy, not direct enough for the champs- can''t see him banging ''em in for fun...roedy must also have doubts, if indeed riggers is on trial with us???expect to see this expensive dutch boy flying all the way back to a''dam><?

I would love to see him here perm. I have always rated him, even before his exploits at U21 duty.

I would love to see him play in NC colours, didn''t think he had enough time with us, I think he would make a good addition to our paper thin squad.

I would love him here. It might take him a while to adjust to life in the Championship but once he does i think he will score a lot of goals. If he proves himself he price will rocket up. Its worth taking a risk on him.

fair enough people - i see you''re all in love with riggers, or prepared to give the boy a chance...in my book he''s a gamble, who may not have trained on...else why are we the only name in the frame???let me ask you all this...given the choice of 1 - would you have chedders here or riggers - i know who i''d have back up front for sure???

Cheesy Cheddar without doubt. The lad is class. He will go on to be a top class striker in Premiership.  ( Hopefully with us ) :-)

erm.... just what has rigters actually done for blackburn or us?

in the few games he played for us his 1st touch looked awful and he seemed to run about aimlessly!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

in the few games he played for us his 1st touch looked awful and he seemed to run about aimlessly!

[/quote]

What game were you watching? Against Colchester, Rigters stole the ball from the Colchester defender, strongly took it past him, put in a peach of a cross that lead to Cureton''s third goal.

He looked exceptionally good.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

What game were you watching? Against Colchester, Rigters stole the ball from the Colchester defender, strongly took it past him, put in a peach of a cross that lead to Cureton''s third goal.

[/quote]chedders or riggers, marsh???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

chedders or riggers, marsh???
[/quote]

Ched, any day. Rigters is a good player and I think would be a bargain if signed for the sort of fee mentioned, but Ched just has that certain something about him. You just know in 10 years time, Ched will be a great player for someone.

[quote user="bunny"]The question should be Ched on loan or Maceo permanent, which would you prefer?[/quote]

I know it''s being greedy but I would be more than happy to say both, one perm and one on loan [:)]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

How about you, LGT?

[/quote]chedders is a special talent and will make it...for a young''un, he''s got a great engine and mental tenacity - looks and plays alot older than what is he is...similar to rooney in that respect, but different players of course...as for his shooting boots - he can hit a ball very hard - similar to a young shearer in that respect...for me though, jury is out on riggers...but if he impresses roedy enough on trial, then who knows???  i''m concerned roedy will take a gamble on riggers cos time is running out and thats all he has in his budget, and riggers bombs...cud be wrong on that though...and hope so if he signs<>!

I''d quite happily go for a Chedley loan and a Riggers permanent...

however, the latter is reported to be on quite large wages at Blackburn

so if Ince does see fit to let him loose it will probably be on loan,

and I can''t really see Roeder basing our season''s attack on two loan

signings... now that would be a gamble (though one that could work wonders - imagine the two up front together.......)

[quote user="bunny"]The question should be Ched on loan or Maceo permanent, which would you prefer?[/quote]

That''s a bit more difficult. I suppose you have to look at what both players did last season and as impressive as Rigters was during his short spell here, I''d have Ched back. I can''t help but think this season he''ll score 20-odd goals for whoever he''s playing for - and as good as I think Rigters would be, I don''t think he''s the sort of guy to nab 20 goals a season.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"](though one that could work wonders - imagine the two up front together.......)
[/quote]

That would be good. I can see Rigters as the sort of guy who sets them up and Ched knocks them away.