Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

Becoming a steward

I''m wondering if it''s worth taking it up for a short while (Stewarding at Carrow Road on match days).Do you know how much you get paid?What age do you have to be?Do I need any checks? (ie. CRB)Anything else?Thanks [:)]

What a refreshing post amongst all the transfer stuff.......but sadly I cannot help you. Although I am looking into becoming a steward at Wembley Stadium but there''s never any positions available! I certainly wouldn''t wanna do it at Carrow Road.

Although posted a while ago, I would think they are continuously wanting people, so write a letter to the bloke below and see what happens!!

JOB OPPORTUNITIES

Posted on: Mon 12 Nov 2007

Matchday Stewards

We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the Safety Management team at Carrow Road.

Training will be provided for successful applicants for this active role.

If you are interested and over 18 years old, please request an Application Form by writing to:

Leon BlackburnStadium Operations ManagerNorwich City Football Club, Carrow RoadNorwich NR1 1JE

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]What a refreshing post amongst all the transfer stuff.......but sadly I cannot help you. Although I am looking into becoming a steward at Wembley Stadium but there''s never any positions available! I certainly wouldn''t wanna do it at Carrow Road.[/quote]While stewarding at Wembley would be amazing, I hope that someday I''ll be on the touchline instead (manager or referee).However Carrow Road would do for now [;)]

[quote user="Shazzakidd"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]What a refreshing post amongst all the transfer stuff.......but sadly I cannot help you. Although I am looking into becoming a steward at Wembley Stadium but there''s never any positions available! I certainly wouldn''t wanna do it at Carrow Road.[/quote]
While stewarding at Wembley would be amazing, I hope that someday I''ll be on the touchline instead (manager or referee).
However Carrow Road would do for now [;)]
[/quote]

To be honest, I only wanna do it so I can get to see football, rugby and gigs for free. And they wouldn''t clash with too many City games.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Although posted a while ago, I would think they are continuously wanting people, so write a letter to the bloke below and see what happens!!

If you are interested and over 18 years old, please request an Application Form by writing to:

[/quote]Ah there''s the catch.Are there any other job''s worth doing at Carra for a little while?

my dad was a steward at the football club for 16 years, and although he enjoyed it, after 16 years he had had enough of working for leon blackburn. a number of other stewards (good ones like sumo who used to work in barclay) also left because of Leon Blackburn. I would not recommend it. the pay is also fairly poor for the hours you do, and you see very little of any football.but thats just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bear in mind.. depending where u are in the ground you may spend most of the game with your back to the action.. you also cant cheer...

Pray they dont put u in the away end too.

jas :)

I don''t support Norwich anyway, my loyalties are to a certain Somerset based team, so cheering wouldn''t be a problem really (although I do like Norwich City, having been born and raised in Norwich).Are there any jobs that U18''s can take up at the club?

[quote user="Shazzakidd"]I don''t support Norwich anyway, my loyalties are to a certain Somerset based team, so cheering wouldn''t be a problem really (although I do like Norwich City, having been born and raised in Norwich).
Are there any jobs that U18''s can take up at the club?
[/quote]

Apply for the position of Chief Executive......(after you''ve read Alastair Campbell''s autobiography)....You''ll then breeze through the interview. Especially if you have connections to the South West.[8-|]

Hehe I''ll try lol. Maybe I''ll email Neil later to let him know of some competition. I did apply for the Norwich job when Grant left but was declined because it was "in the best interests of the club" and that they "would not like to utilize my services at this time". It was hilarious [:D]

[quote user="Shazzakidd"]I don''t support Norwich anyway, my loyalties are to a certain Somerset based team, so cheering wouldn''t be a problem really (although I do like Norwich City, having been born and raised in Norwich).
[/quote]

Under 18''s can work in the club shop, but there isnt anything there at the moment. I tried the other day.

[quote user="SnakePitGirl"]

[/quote]

Under 18''s can work in the club shop, but there isnt anything there at the moment. I tried the other day.

[/quote]

anyone remmeber "Mavis" in the club shop?? I got in an arguement with her about a video once....

I used to steward at Elland Rd. One game I was working segregation (between Leeds and Man U fans). The Leeds fans were spitting on their own stewards in an effort to spit on the Man u fans. I quit soon after.

The pay is crap but its all about getting to see the footie. The prob with Leeds was their fans are a bit daft and love causing trouble and being removed from the game. I had to personally eject 4 fans in my first season.

jas, mavis was a goddess, she was always chatty to me, but then again, my dad knew her thru working at the ground.and secondly, I''ve said before don''t become a steward at carrow road, the pay is poor, the hours are quite long, me old man started at 12 and finished at 6 (although he worked the old main door at city stand), and the main boss man Leon and his number 2 Andy are nasty pieces of work. You have been warned

[quote user="National express super guard"]jas, mavis was a goddess, she was always chatty to me, but then again, my dad knew her thru working at the ground.
and secondly, I''ve said before don''t become a steward at carrow road, the pay is poor, the hours are quite long, me old man started at 12 and finished at 6 (although he worked the old main door at city stand), and the main boss man Leon and his number 2 Andy are nasty pieces of work. You have been warned
[/quote]

Ive heard a few things about the Main boss man... im not going to say them publically on this forum....

[quote user="National express super guard"]jas, mavis was a goddess, she was always chatty to me, but then again, my dad knew her thru working at the ground.and secondly, I''ve said before don''t become a steward at carrow road, the pay is poor, the hours are quite long, me old man started at 12 and finished at 6 (although he worked the old main door at city stand), and the main boss man Leon and his number 2 Andy are nasty pieces of work. You have been warned[/quote]Did Roeder sign them?

[quote user="National express super guard"]jas, mavis was a goddess, she was always chatty to me, but then again, my dad knew her thru working at the ground.
and secondly, I''ve said before don''t become a steward at carrow road, the pay is poor, the hours are quite long, me old man started at 12 and finished at 6 (although he worked the old main door at city stand), and the main boss man Leon and his number 2 Andy are nasty pieces of work. You have been warned
[/quote]

I dont like that leon person. My friend complained to him about the ipswich fans standing up doing whatever, and everyone in the snakepit were told to sit down or get out :/ I Hate stewards :@

[quote user="SnakePitGirl"]

[/quote]

I dont like that leon person. My friend complained to him about the ipswich fans standing up doing whatever, and everyone in the snakepit were told to sit down or get out :/ I Hate stewards :@

[/quote]

is he the chap in the green blazer?