Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Hoolahan completed medical and will be unveiled on return from dubai

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Stone"]

Nothing particularly new to report just an affirmation...

A guy I have been speaking to through work over the last few months works for a company heavily involved with Blackpool FC. Today he claimed that Wes is a personal friend and is set to join us having already completed his medical here a couple of weeks back, although he''s currently in Dubai with the missus so won''t be unveiled until he returns.

[/quote]

You''re full of cr*p

[/quote]

Pathetic. For a start, if you want to say crap just say crap. Secondly, what exactly deserved that outburst? Answer - nothing. Either take rumours in the spirit they are intended, or get lost. You have no place here.

[/quote]

Crap (did it get through?)

It''s the rumour that''s pathetic.  In what spirit are the rumours intended?  To build up people''s hopes based on very little evidence and have a good laugh at our expense from south of the Waveney more often than not. 

A lot of fairly desperate fans are talking as though Hoolahan is a done deal and the club are just playing their cards close to their chest.  Some of them think his release clause means he has to be sold for £250k.  It doesn''t.  It means that if someone offers that amount they can''t refuse it.  But if someone else offers more then he goes to the highest bidder as per usual.

I hope he signs, but fwiw I don''t believe it would have got as far as a medical without the press finding out.  As for the Blackpool fans website, why should they know any more than we do?

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Stone"]

A guy I have been speaking to through work over the last few months works for a company heavily involved with Blackpool FC. Today he claimed that Wes is a personal friend and is set to join us having already completed his medical here a couple of weeks back, although he''s currently in Dubai with the missus so won''t be unveiled until he returns.

[/quote]

You''re full of cr*p

[/quote]

Pathetic. For a start, if you want to say crap just say crap. Secondly, what exactly deserved that outburst? Answer - nothing. Either take rumours in the spirit they are intended, or get lost. You have no place here.

[/quote]

It''s the rumour that''s pathetic.  In what spirit are the rumours intended?  To build up people''s hopes based on very little evidence and have a good laugh at our expense from south of the Waveney more often than not. 

A lot of fairly desperate fans are talking as though Hoolahan is a done deal and the club are just playing their cards close to their chest.  Some of them think his release clause means he has to be sold for £250k.  It doesn''t.  It means that if someone offers that amount they can''t refuse it.  But if someone else offers more then he goes to the highest bidder as per usual.

I hope he signs, but fwiw I don''t believe it would have got as far as a medical without the press finding out.  As for the Blackpool fans website, why should they know any more than we do?

[/quote]

Errr no! Why would a club pay more than the release clause? Blackpool have to sell at that figure (bit like we did with Ernie) but the big clincher of those deals is what is going to be paid to the player weekly plus signing on fee etc.

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

You''re full of cr*p

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Errr no! Why would a club pay more than the release clause? Blackpool have to sell at that figure (bit like we did with Ernie) but the big clincher of those deals is what is going to be paid to the player weekly plus signing on fee etc.

[/quote]

Sorry but you''re mistaken.  We sold Earnie at that figure because no one else made a higher bid, that''s all.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

You''re full of cr*p

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry but you''re mistaken.  We sold Earnie at that figure because no one else made a higher bid, that''s all.

[/quote]

Correction: that should be "bid" not "higher bid".  As I recall no one else came in for Earnie, or Etuhu for that matter.

It wouldn''t go to the highest bidder becasue no-one would bid more than the release clause because every bid at the release clause has to be accepted.

FP - a scenario for you:
  • We offer Blackpool £250,000 for Wes, and offer him £10K/week and a signing on fee of £250,000
  • QPR offer Blackpool £375,000 and offer Wes £7K/week and no signing on fee
We have made the lower offer, but he would still come to us. So it makes no difference who offers Blackpool the higher fee.BTW, I''ve made all the numbers up before anyone tries to read anything into them.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]It wouldn''t go to the highest bidder becasue no-one would bid more than the release clause because every bid at the release clause has to be accepted.
[/quote]

I cannot personally remember any club bidding higher than the release clause of a player because there is no need to so long as you know what the figure is (and the Agent makes sure you do).  All it does is give you the right to talk to him while he is still in contract with another club (otherwise it would be an illegal approach, with some exceptions) and then, as has been pointed out, it is down to the club (s) to offer the best and most attractive terms to the player and that is where the "battle" takes place.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

You''re full of cr*p

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope he signs, but fwiw I don''t believe it would have got as far as a medical without the press finding out.  As for the Blackpool fans website, why should they know any more than we do.

[/quote]

There is no agenda behind what I''ve said, I''m just passing on information that i''ve heard relating to that transfer - I thought others on here would like to hear it too.

For all I know, it could be complete crap but I have no reason to believe it is, although like so many other rumours I have nothing to confirm that it''s true either!

Just take it for what it is.

You are wrong Fat Prophet. The club has to accept all bids that match the release clause. Any club offering more would be stupid. The player decides which club of those at least matching the release clause that he goes to. Or he can decide to stay put if he wishes.

I''m fairly sure that any agents whose clients have such escape clauses, readily distribute their exact value to potential suitors. Take the Etuhu and Earnshaw examples.