Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

Turkey vs Germany

Turkey deserved it.  BOOO to the Germans, hope they get smashed by Russia in the final.

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Shazzakidd"]... I hate Germany [:@]
[/quote]

Why?

[/quote]

I believe there was a certain amount of unpleasantness between us and them a couple of times in the last century.

Still, mustn''t hold a grudge.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Why?

[/quote]

I believe there was a certain amount of unpleasantness between us and them a couple of times in the last century.

[/quote]

For goodness sake!

THE WAR FINISHED OVER 60 YEARS AGO!!!

It really is time to move on

Well played Germany IMO.Played absolutely rubbish tonight, and they were outplayed in every area but they still managed to win with two fantastic goals. Especially the last one through Lahm! I wish we had a fullback who did that!

[quote user="AndyJR"]Turkey deserved it.  BOOO to the Germans, hope they get smashed by Russia in the final.

[/quote]

As much as I''m neither massive fan of Germany or Turkey, how can anyone say that Turkey got what they deserved. The Germans were ridiculously spawny.

Still, would''ve actually been nice to see all of the game. As Gary said 300,000 times in the post match analysis, there was a power surge or something of the like.

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Why?

[/quote]

[/quote]

For goodness sake!

[/quote]

i agree its pathetic that people are like this with Germans - i mean how many germans would have followed the nazis if they new what was happening

Think I may have mis-read that quote! Turkey deserved to win, not the Germans! Agreed.

& not because I have any deep seeded hatred due to Wars or whatever, simply because Turkey played them off the park.

[quote user="Cheating Azzuri"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Why?

[/quote]

[/quote]

For goodness sake!

[/quote]

i agree its pathetic that people are like this with Germans - i mean how many germans would have followed the nazis if they new what was happening

[/quote]

all of them if they had won the war! f**k the germans

It reminds me of the proud British troops standing outside their barracks in Tralee Co Kerry and accosting my teenage Mum (born in Sheringham): "Hello whore.  How many ****** kids are you going to have? and then gobbing all over her for fun.  She was 13 and was only going to a shop.

She only had the one.  And that''s me.

Someone from an Anglian regiment has attempted to apologise for this and says it would not be allowed today. I am glad to hear that.

To DDD

This demonstrates the narrow minded attitude which underpins the ENGLISH football fan. The Scots Irish and Welsh all fought in both wars and yet this ridiculous attitude towards the German nation and people only rears it`s head in England.

As I said before - move on, get over it and , most of all, grow up!

The Germans have (by far) the best tournament record in European football.  And every time they reach another final the English media is agreed that they are "poor", "very very average", "not blessed with a fraction of the riches [in terms of talent] that England have" etc.    I wish England were that average.  

The thing is, slanging the Germans off every time is so much easier than looking at ourselves.   I don''t pretend to know why the Germans do so well, but I do follow the German media before a major tournament and the contrast with the English media is very stark.   Before every tournament our media is full of comment from pundits declaring that our players are world class (or in some cases, players, declaring that they themselves are world class).   Before this and every tournament I have followed (which is back to the 1970s)  the German media and players are cautious, usually recknoning that they don''t have the talent of their rivals, but hopefull that the "German virtues" of hard work, organisation, and above all teamwork and putting the team before the individuals may compensate. 

When we go out it was either bad luck, a bad ref, or the fault of some scapegoat - Mclaren under the umbrella, Ronaldo for "making"Rooney stamp on another player and get sent off etc etc.   But we are still invariably world class and our players heroes.  After last night''s game that got them into yet another final, there isn''t a hint of triumphalism in the German media : they are full of comment about areas where they need to improve before Sunday.  Which may be why they probably will.