Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

A Martin O'Neil Moment??

Looks like we are not going to cough up the 2 million for Ameobi and lose out to the scum of all teams. We all know how much Roeder rates Ameobi, but our board won''t back him with the money.

This brings back memories of the Martin O''neil Dean Windass saga and how the board screwed up then!

yeah  but this is a bit different, we haven''t just bought a load of land and released plans for a chase-dome!!!!as far as I''m aware the club have endevoured to support the managers since they took control of the club, I think even glenn realises we can''t blow our whole transfer fund on one player.I''m now gonna wash, I feel dirty defending the board

As odious as it sounds I have to agree as well, Ameobi really would be a waste of that much money, if we could get him on a much reduced deal, with us paying more on promotion and goals etc then it would be a worthwhile target. But I seriously doubt Roeder would throw his toys out the pram if they failed to match the scums bid.

If our whole transfer fund is £2 million we may as well blow it and get ourselves in league 1 where we belong ,everything about this club says Premiership except the money available to buy any decent players, as for the Board backing Roeder well a few loans and Matty Patty prob all paid for with the sale of a keeper for £400,000 .

OMG how many more threads are we going to get saying that Roeder is going to do an O''Neill, throwing his toys out of his pram and walk away.  We have no evidence that there is any rift between Roeder and the board on funds, left alone on trying to bring in Ameobi.  How about Roeder thinks he is a good player but thinks the money being quoted is too much and is not prepared to pay it? 

And how do we know that Ameobi is going to be any better than Carroll?  Not that we are likely to sign either anyway, but the question remains.

I didnt say the board have just backed roeder, but they have backed previous managers in the summer. get a grip, I''d like my club to compete of course but not by bankrupting ourselves. ameobi costs £2 million, plus £1 million after few appearances and £500k for promotion. thats £3.5 million without taking in to account wages.Please stop making me have to defend this board because I am not happy with many things they do, but throwing money at a problem, doing a leicester if you like, is something you cannot accuse them of

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]If our whole transfer fund is £2 million we may as well blow it and get ourselves in league 1 where we belong ,everything about this club says Premiership except the money available to buy any decent players, as for the Board backing Roeder well a few loans and Matty Patty prob all paid for with the sale of a keeper for £400,000 .
[/quote]

Totally agree, this damn board have let down City for years, they are a flipping disgrace, every damn one of them!.

[quote user="National Express super guard"]yeah  but this is a bit different, we haven''t just bought a load of land and released plans for a chase-dome!!!!
as far as I''m aware the club have endevoured to support the managers since they took control of the club, I think even glenn realises we can''t blow our whole transfer fund on one player.
I''m now gonna wash, I feel dirty defending the board
[/quote]

This board have bought loads of land in their tenure-more than enough to pay for Ameobi in fact.  And they had to spend £1.5m on an access road to get planning permission.  They now reckon it`s worth £10m but it`s not much good if no-one wants to buy it and the team is in dire need of investment........

The way our board run the club is virtually identical to Chase, it`s just that the PR spin is slicker.

We haven''t been officially linked with Ameobi anyway, its just newspaper speculation at the moment, not at any point has Glenn Roeder came out and said we are actively pursuing him, just because the pinkun and the other forms of media say we are linked with him, doesn''t necessarily mean we are!

Ermmmmm! where have you been, planet mars! Everyone knows Roeder is a big fan of Ameobi. Roeder has mentioned him many times since he''s been here.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Ermmmmm! where have you been, planet mars! Everyone knows Roeder is a big fan of Ameobi. Roeder has mentioned him many times since he''s been here.[/quote]

I''m sure Roeder''s a big fan of Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka, Henry etc, it doesn''t mean we can afford them...

[quote user="colneycanary"]We lose out on Ameobi and expect us to get excited by bringing in Carroll! Its not really the same some how![/quote]Isn''t this like the time we tried to sign Healy and ended up with Notman?

[quote user="tHeReALSeaT"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Ermmmmm! where have you been, planet mars! Everyone knows Roeder is a big fan of Ameobi. Roeder has mentioned him many times since he''s been here.[/quote]

I''m sure Roeder''s a big fan of Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka, Henry etc, it doesn''t mean we can afford them...

[/quote]

Exactly, there is a difference between being a big fan and getting to the stage of walking out if you cannot buy them!