Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Roeder doesn't carry that much clout............

When signing other players.

Fans from West Ham and Newcastle often say to me that he makes himself unpopular, we know first hand that he slags off players publicly, Jamie C''s hatrick for example!.

His only real signing so far for City has been a pretty average player who''s better known locally for being a convicted drunk driver, some record Glen!.

I believe this is partly why City are struggling to sign players, I expect even the very cheap options we''ve been after, have also turned us down because of who the manager is..............players talk to other players.........and Roeder ain''t popular amongst them!.

If Taylor really wanted to come here in January, he would have, player power rules these days, likewise, the same with Master Evans.

The word is out..............Roeder is bad news for them![:|]

Disagree completely, it was pretty obvious Taylor did want to come but at the same time it was clear he has a strong professional attitude that wouldn''t throw a tantrum to get his own way.

Quit scaremongering.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Fans from West Ham and Newcastle often say to me that he makes himself unpopular, we know first hand that he slags off players publicly, Jamie C''s hatrick for example!.

His only real signing so far for City has been a pretty average player who''s better known locally for being a convicted drunk driver, some record Glen!.

I believe this is partly why City are struggling to sign players, I expect even the very cheap options we''ve been after, have also turned us down because of who the manager is..............players talk to other players.........and Roeder ain''t popular amongst them!.

If Taylor really wanted to come here in January, he would have, player power rules these days, likewise, the same with Master Evans.

[/quote]

I''ll use the same line you do whenever someone posts positive unsubstantiated rumours Wiz, think I''ll wait and see what materialises, but reckon you know sod all!

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ[/quote]

Thats your best counter arguement is it Greg?................. pitiful.[:|]

[/quote]

Pot kettle black Wiz! You been on the source already this morning!

Yes Patty is average but he had no stability and was chopping and changing position to fill voids!

Personally i would say his transfer dealings have been ace. Bertrand,Evans,Pearce,Taylor,Rigters and Bates were all good! I bet you moaned when we signed these "unknown" players! Just stop replaying the same record Wiz.

[/quote]    

Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[:#]

[/quote]

Think Greg got it just about right, not sure it deserved much more of a reply!

IF Roeder is so unpopular in the game, why is it that the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea allowed players on loan here, Clark followed him here from Newcastle, Stephenson came here to link up with someone he clearly knew (not sure if they ever worked together?), Pattison followed him here, Evans came back here for a second loan spell, Ameobi''s agent reckons his player would "relish a reunion with City boss Glenn Roeder"...etc etc. 

Are these things that actually have happened all wrong, and Wiz right? 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

IF Roeder is so unpopular in the game, why is it that the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea allowed players on loan here, Clark followed him here from Newcastle, Stephenson came here to link up with someone he clearly knew (not sure if they ever worked together?), Pattison followed him here, Evans came back here for a second loan spell, Ameobi''s agent reckons his player would "relish a reunion with City boss Glenn Roeder"...etc etc. 

[/quote]

Come on be serious, in Wiz''s that''s all an elaborate PR stunt and paper talk.

[quote user="SWP "][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Think Greg got it just about right, not sure it deserved much more of a reply!

[/quote]

Its a pretty standard response on here when the Percy''s don''t want to admit the truth SWP..............I saw it much in use during the Worthy Out days!

Only time and no good signings will back me up..................and I can wait!.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Ameobi''s Agent...............rumour.

Ages getting a goalkeeping coach after two walked out............fact.

All loanees buggered off!.

Fozzie signs only for 1 year!

Still, wait and see, I''m confident on this.........

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Ameobi''s Agent...............rumour.

Ages getting a goalkeeping coach after two walked out............fact.

Fozzie signs only for 1 year!

Still, wait and see, I''m confident on this.........

[/quote]

Ameobi''s agent = a direct quote.  Might be an agent talking crap (perish the thought!), but a direct quote is just that, not rumour

IMO we were waiting for Wright to come available, and he did join.

What do you expect of loanees?  That is what happens - particularly with good ones like Bertrand/Evans/Gibbs, who are wanted by their parent club.  Indeed, Gibbs actually requested that he was allowed to re-join up with the City players for the trip to Hillsborough.  I still think at least one of those 3 will return next season.

Re: Fozzie, he is hardly renowned for settling in a place for long, is he.  Perhaps it suited all parties.

Still, wait and see, I''m fairly confident that you will do a sharp about-turn in your opinions within the next few weeks, as per usual

Ok First Wizard at the risk of massaging your ego by responding, is there anything that anyone can do (or not do) at Norwich City that wouldn''t creat a cynical or negative response from you?  You really are predictably boring, or you are a scummer wishing failure on our club, or as I suspect you just like to cause a reaction.  In any event, there is enough cynicism in this world, let''s just try to be positive about something.  Go on try it  - you will feel better. 

[/quote]

just thought your record got stuck and was repeating again

[quote user="Tamascanary"]Ok First Wizard at the risk of massaging your ego by responding, is there anything that anyone can do (or not do) at Norwich City that wouldn''t creat a cynical or negative response from you?  You really are predictably boring, or you are a scummer wishing failure on our club, or as I suspect you just like to cause a reaction.  In any event, there is enough cynicism in this world, let''s just try to be positive about something.  Go on try it  - you will feel better. [/quote]

Wiz seems very bitter about something, could he be the real Robert Chase in disguise. Now there''s a thought.[;)][:)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now that made me laugh. [:)] The clue is in the term  loanee.......lol

Its early days in the signing of players, NCFC can only afford cheap players, Taylor and evens is hearsay.

But the general opinion on Mr Roeder from fans of his previous clubs is he is a unpopular man.

Does that make him a bad manager? 

Will Players not come to NCFC because of him?

Wizard, do you have some inside knowledge or is it just a shot in the dark?

If the knowledge is reliable and true i could understand why that is the case from the way GR conducts himself in the papers, pitch side and on TV.

I can understand that your comments might be true based on what i see of him so is it fair to say that youve watched Roder and studied his style and made this whole thing up knowing that it just might be true?

Of course we will never know if you have an inside sourse or your privy to top secret info but there is one thing i and every fan in the world knows.......If NCFC win the league next season all of you and myself wont give a flying F^%$ what he is like. If we perform poorly he will be out and you can start slagging the next potential managers and then slag the one who gets the job.

People like you wizard cant fail because eventually the manager gets the push and you are eventually proved right. Take worthy for example, many may have question that appointment, called for his head in the early parts of his career at carrow, he gets to the play offs, next season he wobbles a bit in 10th i think. Did your head raise up again and call for him to leave? Next season promotion and the prem and relegation, one more season of dodgy performances and 10 games the following season and he is gone and you are eventiually proved right after many seasons of truely brilliant times. But where were you during those good times, prob seeking out dodgy rumours about him and his players just to keep yourself amused.

Very very sad state of affairs.......

He does not know, he is speculating and does not the truth. You can''t stop him and have to respect that. But Wiz does not like GR and wants to have a go at him at every chance.

I don''t care what other people think of him, I don''t care what he done at other clubs, I care what he does for us now and in the future.

Look at what loan loan means in the dictionary.

[/quote]

Psssstttttttttt Wiz, the manager that critisised young Jamie for his hattrick wasn''t Glenn Roeder, unless GR is Scottish [;)]

[/quote]

It seems that as soon as a member of this forum DOES counter a good argument against what you say, Wiz, a response is very hard to come by from your corner.

It seems you can give it but find it hard to take it and react constructively.

And yeah, Greg was pretty much spot on to be fair, mate.

[/quote]

That is one of the worst most out of order postings you have ever made, and you have done a few.

The reason ,and this is a fact, that Taylor did not sign was the £1 million a year wages he wanted/needed, nothing to do with Roeder.

Are we now going to behave like the Hammers & Geordie fans and start on Roeder because he hasn''t signed anyone?

Grow up

[/quote]you might think the answer is pitiful but just think about how economical his typing was. theres a much smaller chance his keyboard will pack it in since he only typed one letter. pretty clever hey ????yeah i knew youd agree !!!!!!

[quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

Its early days in the signing of players, NCFC can only afford cheap players, Taylor and evens is hearsay.

But the general opinion on Mr Roeder from fans of his previous clubs is he is a unpopular man.

If the knowledge is reliable and true i could understand why that is the case from the way GR conducts himself in the papers, pitch side and on TV.

I can understand that your comments might be true based on what i see of him so is it fair to say that youve watched Roder and studied his style and made this whole thing up knowing that it just might be true?

Of course we will never know if you have an inside sourse or your privy to top secret info but there is one thing i and every fan in the world knows.......If NCFC win the league next season all of you and myself wont give a flying F^%$ what he is like. If we perform poorly he will be out and you can start slagging the next potential managers and then slag the one who gets the job.

People like you wizard cant fail because eventually the manager gets the push and you are eventually proved right. Take worthy for example, many may have question that appointment, called for his head in the early parts of his career at carrow, he gets to the play offs, next season he wobbles a bit in 10th i think. Did your head raise up again and call for him to leave? Next season promotion and the prem and relegation, one more season of dodgy performances and 10 games the following season and he is gone and you are eventiually proved right after many seasons of truely brilliant times. But where were you during those good times, prob seeking out dodgy rumours about him and his players just to keep yourself amused.

[/quote]

As I cannot reply to everyone ( I might get accused of bumping my post count [;)] ) I thought you deserved a reply Chelmsford Yellow as you raised some good points.............I don''t agree with them, but I liked your effort.

However, if I''m so wrong, why was GR out of work for so long before he got the City job?.

Or.............. why hasn''t he been head hunted by the likes of Blackburn or even Leicester, with all their cash?..............no one wanted/wants him it seems except us.................hmm?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

[/quote]

As I cannot reply to everyone ( I might get accused of bumping my post count [;)] ) I thought you deserved a reply Chelmsford Yellow as you raised some good points.............I don''t agree with them, but I liked your effort.

However, if I''m so wrong, why was GR out of work for so long before he got the City job?.

Or.............. why hasn''t he been head hunted by the likes of Blackburn or even Leicester, with all their cash?..............no one wanted/wants him it seems except us.................hmm?

[/quote]

Roeder was out of work for 5 months

Alardyce was out of work for 6 months Bad Manager Wiz?

Paul Jewell out of work for 7 months Bad Manager Wiz?

Wenger want Roeder as director of foottball at Arsenal, so he must be really bad then, Hey Wiz

come on wiz, give glen a break. he was probably just chasing skirt down in ibiza for 5 months, you know how it is, lads stuff and all. anyway you cant party without the pennies so im sure he''ll be here doing a great job for city get us promoted then nip down to spain again and party party party some more.things are finally looking up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wiz, might be a nice gesture if you retract the bit in your post saying it was GR who chastised JC for scoring in a hat trick when in fact it was Granty.  If you intend making GR out as the villain at least make sure your facts are 100% correct. [:)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice to see you admitting your mistakes on rant of a post, the other half was drivel aimed at GR who must have shot his dog or something, jeez, you hate him.

Just because a manager is out of work, does not make him crap and how the hell do you know that GR was not approached by them or others? Just because it was not in the Lowestoft journal or the Daily Star, does not mean it has not happened.

Have you looked at the term ''LOAN'' yet? Have you woked out that it was Grant not GR yet?

I have a mental picture of what you are going to say, although you could surprise me. Mind you, I can see a post of "The crap board at Norwich made me write stuff wrong"

Numpty.[:S]