Sign in to follow this  
LORD FOXY LOWE

Danny Haynes to the prem

oh give me a break this makes me laugh. ok he''s quick and he can score against us but other than that he needs more chances than andy cole to knotch. good luck pompey if you spend 2 million on him, not a prem striker imo!

Another rumor today is Luck Chadwick off to MK Dons for 500k.  That was in ''The People''.

[quote user="LORD LOWE FOXY"]oh give me a break this makes me laugh. ok he''s quick and he can score against us but other than that he needs more chances than andy cole to knotch. good luck pompey if you spend 2 million on him, not a prem striker imo![/quote]We must be doing something wrong in our sales department. We only managed to get £400k off a tight lower league team for a decent goalkeeper and yet tahn down the rahhhd sell their rubbish for millions. Year after year as well. Just look at their record - Tit(us) Bramble, Darren Bent and now Haynes. You have to laugh - mind you that club is full of BS-ers and con-men.

100% agree with that and i watch him every week. If the 6 home players rule comes in just think how much English players prices will be inflated. Haynes is worth a million at very best but if Pompey want to give us 2million then i would be happy.

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]100% agree with that and i watch him every week. If the 6 home players rule comes in just think how much English players prices will be inflated. Haynes is worth a million at very best but if Pompey want to give us 2million then i would be happy.[/quote]

thats very interesting coming from a town fan actually....

to be honest in terms of purely football there''s not many more players (savage and dickov aside) that i hate more then haynes, purely because of his record against us but i have to say ive always been hugely surprised that he never seemed to play a more active part either against us or during the season for ipswich, the blokes a livewire, bags of pace and eye for goal and any city fan that doesn''t get worried by the site of him warning up on the bench when we play them needs they''re brain checked...

whether he can make it in the premiership for me all depends on who his manager is and what level he goes to, for the comments about darren bent are u forgetting what a huge success he was at charlton before he moved to a club that realistically is probably to higher level for him, if haynes moves to a club like boro alongside tuncay and alves, or possibly blackburn alongside santa cruz he could be a real handful

Take his pace away and to be honest he is an average footballer . If Pompey think that his pace will be good enough to get him through the premier league then so be it but personally i think he will struggle. He will be a bench warmer. He is an impact payer and not a 90 minute man. I suppose 20 grand a week would compensate for sitting on the bench.

As a footballer I am incessantly irritated by his ability to score against us....Although, I do find his ''step by step'' car maintenance manuals, most informative.

If he wasn''t an Ipswich player who happens to make our team look like muppets.... i bet most of you would gladly have him in our team, the lad is quality.

At least he''ll a) be playign for a decent team and  b) as far away from an Ipswich Norwich match as possible... we might win the derby then.

Supposedly ''arry thinks he''s got big potential after seeing him in FA cup and got his scouts following him a bit.

[quote user="ACL10"]

If he wasn''t an Ipswich player who happens to make our team look like muppets.... i bet most of you would gladly have him in our team, the lad is quality.

At least he''ll a) be playign for a decent team and  b) as far away from an Ipswich Norwich match as possible... we might win the derby then.

[/quote]

the lads a perennial substitute... who, apart from scoring against us, seems to baloon every chance that comes his way... if Pompey sign him he''ll be back in the championship come January

jas :)

Looked good against Hull, caused there full back all kinds of problems and played a big part in Town''s winner.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]As a footballer I am incessantly irritated by his ability to score against us....Although, I do find his ''step by step'' car maintenance manuals, most informative.[/quote]

Ex-army and now a footballer ?  You, sir, are Gary Holt, and I claim my 5 pounds.

agreed they always link him to prem but i think he overated

that dean bowditch as well always gets linked with west ham although he doesnt play

[quote user="The Lord"]

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]100% agree with that and i watch him every week. If the 6 home players rule comes in just think how much English players prices will be inflated. Haynes is worth a million at very best but if Pompey want to give us 2million then i would be happy.[/quote]

thats very interesting coming from a town fan actually....

to be honest in terms of purely football there''s not many more players (savage and dickov aside) that i hate more then haynes, purely because of his record against us but i have to say ive always been hugely surprised that he never seemed to play a more active part either against us or during the season for ipswich, the blokes a livewire, bags of pace and eye for goal and any city fan that doesn''t get worried by the site of him warning up on the bench when we play them needs they''re brain checked...

whether he can make it in the premiership for me all depends on who his manager is and what level he goes to, for the comments about darren bent are u forgetting what a huge success he was at charlton before he moved to a club that realistically is probably to higher level for him, if haynes moves to a club like boro alongside tuncay and alves, or possibly blackburn alongside santa cruz he could be a real handful

[/quote]I mean in the sense of hype. You could throw Kieran Dyer into that as well - all overated players. And yes I mean Bent as well.

2001–2005

2005–2007

2007–
Ipswich Town

Charlton Athletic

Tottenham Hotspur
126 (48)

068 (31)

027 0(6)  
He has a half decent record but then if you are bought for £16.5million pounds you would expect some sort of quality. When he signed for Charlton he was almost exactly in the same bracket as Dean Ashton - both playing under 21s and both hyped to be future England pros. I think his time at Tottenham has been bad but he has had chances and he could have scored more than 15 goals a season at Charlton he had plenty of chances to.

good point chicken but then you could also say ashton is over hyped

2000–2005
2005–2006
2006–
Crewe Alexandra
Norwich City
West Ham United
158 (61)
044 (17)
042 (13) 

hardly prolofic and bent has better ratio than him at charlton than ashton at west ham

now dont get me wrong here, i like ashton and his style, but maybe he is overhyped? he hardly caused trinidads tobagos solid defence any problems, acutally did he even shoot? or have his back actually facing his own goal?

i would liked to see him have 90mins to proply judge him, but on that 45mins he just as ordinary as rest our national strikers who dont cut the grade i,e bent,aj, defoe

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]As a footballer I am incessantly irritated by his ability to score against us....Although, I do find his ''step by step'' car maintenance manuals, most informative.[/quote]

Ex-army and now a footballer ?  You, sir, are Gary Holt, and I claim my 5 pounds.

[/quote]

My Deer stalker, I''ve never actually mentioned which branch/service of the armed forces I was in.......Sorry Sherlock, sort out your rudimentary and your elementary - before returning to your fiddling. Then you can stick that falsely claimed fiver in your pipe - and smoke it. I also hope your incorrect ''assumption'' doesn''t bring on a bout of ''consumption''.

I still think you''re a club employee, but I wouldn''t want to bet on it....

[quote user="we8wba"]

2000–20052005–20062006–Crewe AlexandraNorwich CityWest Ham United158 (61)044 (17)042 (13) 

hardly prolofic and bent has better ratio than him at charlton than ashton at west ham

now dont get me wrong here, i like ashton and his style, but maybe he is overhyped? he hardly caused trinidads tobagos solid defence any problems, acutally did he even shoot? or have his back actually facing his own goal?

i would liked to see him have 90mins to proply judge him, but on that 45mins he just as ordinary as rest our national strikers who dont cut the grade i,e bent,aj, defoe

[/quote]Ahh but the rare strikers are the ones that play with their back to goal, your Dion Dublin/Sheringham/Crouch for example. I would agree that quick players are ten a penny at the moment and as such is there much between them? But as for genuine target men at the moment we have Heskey, Crouch and Ashton.What would you class Bent as? To me he is a bit like a poor mans Djibrel Cisse in that he looks like a target man because of his stature but is really just a Vassell with an extra couple of inches.Ashtons game is about holding the ball up and generally making a nusance of himself. And if you had watched the came closely you would have noticed that Ashton was putting his weight about and doing just that. Rooney for all his mouth and attitude still doesn''t do that enough.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="we8wba"]

2000–20052005–20062006–Crewe AlexandraNorwich CityWest Ham United158 (61)044 (17)042 (13) 

[/quote]Ahh but the rare strikers are the ones that play with their back to goal, your Dion Dublin/Sheringham/Crouch for example. I would agree that quick players are ten a penny at the moment and as such is there much between them? But as for genuine target men at the moment we have Heskey, Crouch and Ashton.What would you class Bent as? To me he is a bit like a poor mans Djibrel Cisse in that he looks like a target man because of his stature but is really just a Vassell with an extra couple of inches.Ashtons game is about holding the ball up and generally making a nusance of himself. And if you had watched the came closely you would have noticed that Ashton was putting his weight about and doing just that. Rooney for all his mouth and attitude still doesn''t do that enough.[/quote]Agree chicken. Although that goal-scoring tally doesn''t look so mean you have to remember that he seemingly set up at least half our goals we scored in the prem and ccc. Ashton is not only a great player with the ball at his feet but superb off the ball. Have a look back at the first goal, it was ashton''s run that left barry wide open to volley home. And the second goal was heled in part to Ashton pulling the defence away.Ashton might not be the best infront of the goal but what puts him apart from the average joe heavy feet is that he reads the game so well. His distrobution is fantastic and I tell you what, he might be shorter but Ashton is a million miles better in the air than crouch and that comes from somebody who has watched them both a lot. Ashton very rarely misses when he gets his head or feet to the ball, unlike crouch who seems to balloon 90% of his headers (although he is better with his right foot curiously enough).For me the problem with bent is is that he just doesn''t do enough. Fair play if he grabbed a goal every other game like owen or earnshaw then it''d be fine but he doesn''t. He doesn''t do enough work. He doesn''t play killer passes and that''s why Berbatov and Keane are ahead of him (and why defoe was behind them to as well). Although the primary objective of most strikers is to score goals, if they supplement with creating lots of chances as well then they become top strikers. I think Ashton has got what it takes to be a top player at Prem level and even at international level. I think he has so many trademarks of his play as the infamous Dion Dublin, who unfortunately due to injury never reached the top level he could have done. I hope that Ashton doesn''t fall foul to that as well. If he gets regular starts and loses some weight and gets his fitness going then he will be a big player next season.