Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

This Forum Has Become A Copycat

[quote user="Smudger"]

Would agree with that NV... there is now 20 times more dross to trundle through to find a decent post and many threads that are just repeating the same old ground (threads that would of ben tied in to one thread by the mods in the good ol'' days).

oh and I never knew that you cared so much CA??? [:$]

[/quote]

Blimey I''m agreeing with Smudger that there is 20 times more dross to trundle through now to find a decent post to reply to and yes I do care Smudger. [:)]

Its a public forum. Just because you have a thousand posts doesnt make you don pinkun you know! Everyone has the right to post on here if they want to (with the exception of Ipswich scummers). All you need to do is ignore the stupid posters/posts. Is that really that difficult?

OK, for everyone who is moaning about this thread and that thread, i ask you what YOU contribute on this pinkun forum apart from moaning and groaning! I don''t see you posting anything interesting!!!!!!!

If you don''t like certain threads well don''t bloody answer them! Ignore them! Its simple!

Apart from a minor increase in swearing, I honestly can''t see any difference between the boards now and when they were unmoderated.  There''s still people posting pointless threads (and funny its some of the ones complaining who are responsible) and still little battles, still little cliques etc, and still the marvellous variety of freaks, oddballs and weirdos... WOTB is nothing short of a mess, at least we still have a little structure here...

i think u can still have a decent discussion on here - but lets face it, many posters are just out for petty point scoring than actually debating and too quickly resort to name calling... imo!!!

You used to be able to post a reply then go and get a life for a couple of hours without it getting buried.

On balance I preferred the modified version but don''t feel very strongly either way.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="NegativeVibes"]

The only reason I''d want the forum moderated again is because I can''t keep up with the amount of posts when I browse the forum.

[/quote]

Would agree with that NV... there is now 20 times more dross to trundle through to find a decent post and many threads that are just repeating the same old ground (threads that would of ben tied in to one thread by the mods in the good ol'' days).

oh and I never knew that you cared so much CA??? [:$]

[/quote]

The mods would hardly ever "tie up" posts on the same subject, the situation is just a bit more prolific now that the forum is more accessible.

I agree with Smudge and CA and YC here. This message board has got out of hand. I was the closest I''ve ever been to saying "**** it" (and that includes the free bet as well). If there wern''t for a few really good threads this week like; "the million bet thread" or "the fao mod" one or a few of the bothers I wouldn''t have bothered. And finding them was difficult at times, one time I came on to read that bet thread and it was half-way down page 2... There are just far to many wind-up merchants on here. The amount of spam I''ve seen this week is the most I have ever seen on any message board I''ve been on and I''m a member on some quite large ones as well. As much as I respect the mods, their pussy-footing attitude towards wind-ups like we8 and others has meant that since moderation we have had an influx of idiots. This board would be great to go for a wind down to read very well put together posts by many different posters. And read geniunely funny articles created by mello, or ardee or rude old. Unfortunately I sign on now and I see 10 threads by "ncfc lad" saying "blah blah is signing today", "roeder''s on holiday/on the moon/in a thai brothel" and god-knows how many spam threads by a muppet or a wolfie. I don''t care whether you agreed or disagreed with Smudge or BBB or ricardo and whether you even thought they were trolls but I''d much rather read intelligent debate between two partys then "lulz Iz sapmmin diz forumz up well gd init".Unless some action is taken I can see more of us just having enough and not bothering to post. Not only does this mean we lose valued members of the community but we lose the best posters on the forum.

[quote] user="Wake up and smell the coffee !"]This forum has always been blighted by the little clique of regular posters who seem to think it exists just for them. I have often posted thoughtful, constructive posts only for the regulars to gang up wtih their "you numpty", "you moron" intolerance and this was going on well before the mods disappeared. And, dare to criticise a regular''s post, however constructively, and the regular''s "friends" swarm around like irritated and nasty little wasps to show solidarity with "you numpty" etc etc My participation on this forum started to wane a long time ago and I''m only on here n ow because I am waiting for my partner before going out and I am killing time having already checked my emails.[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more with that. Spot on. All of you that are ''well-known'' on this forum think that it is there for you and you only - and that only your posts are worth taking notice of. I find mine and many other posts of people who are less known on here are often ignored then as soon as City angel or someone come along you can''t wait to reply. Just because more people now feel it is worth posting on here doesn''t mean the forum is going ''downhill'' - none of your views are any more important than others, despite what you may think. So learn to listen and deal with other peoples posts instead of just the small few who youu consider to have worthy opinions.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

All of you that are ''well-known'' on this forum think that it is there for you and you only - and that only your posts are worth taking notice of. I find mine and many other posts of people who are less known on here are often ignored then as soon as City angel or someone come along you can''t wait to reply. Just because more people now feel it is worth posting on here doesn''t mean the forum is going ''downhill'' - none of your views are any more important than others, despite what you may think. So learn to listen and deal with other peoples posts instead of just the small few who youu consider to have worthy opinions.

[/quote]

I think you''ve got that wrong because as far as I''m concerned the more posters that post the more opinions we get to read and debate. I will reply to anything that interests me but haven''t bothered so much lately because there is thread after thread of rubbish being started by a handfull of posters who are spoiling the site for everyone else. Besides you can only judge if the forum has gone downhill if you''ve been around a year or so so can compare the content!

Maybe it will settle down when pre season starts but if it doesn''t then the decent posters ,and there are lots of them, will leave.

I have been on here for over a year. So I can judge.
''Joined on 22/12/2006''.
I don''t see how you can only call certain people ''decent posters''. Is the definition of a ''decent poster'' to you somebody who has the same opinion as you? somebody who has been on here for long enough? somebody who has a high enough post count? everybody deserves to use it if they dont, they get deleted - simple as.

To me it sounds as if by ''decent posters'' you mean the posters which you know off by heart - posters who you can remember the names of. Which is just stupid.

[quote] user="Wake up and smell the coffee !"]This forum has always been blighted by the little clique of regular posters who seem to think it exists just for them. I have often posted thoughtful, constructive posts only for the regulars to gang up wtih their "you numpty", "you moron" intolerance and this was going on well before the mods disappeared. And, dare to criticise a regular''s post, however constructively, and the regular''s "friends" swarm around like irritated and nasty little wasps to show solidarity with "you numpty" etc etc My participation on this forum started to wane a long time ago and I''m only on here n ow because I am waiting for my partner before going out and I am killing time having already checked my emails.[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more with that. Spot on. All of you that are ''well-known'' on this forum think that it is there for you and you only - and that only your posts are worth taking notice of. I find mine and many other posts of people who are less known on here are often ignored then as soon as City angel or someone come along you can''t wait to reply. Just because more people now feel it is worth posting on here doesn''t mean the forum is going ''downhill'' - none of your views are any more important than others, despite what you may think. So learn to listen and deal with other peoples posts instead of just the small few who youu consider to have worthy opinions.

[/quote]No I completely disagree with you. You are getting the wrong end of the stick. Some of the "well-knowns" as you like to call them do what you say. They do ignore some posters or worse attack them. My first post on the new-incarnation of this forum was about worthy not being whiter than white. I got slagged off, I got ignore but If you post good stuff. If you post things that are good to read people will read them. Posters like Chicken and Ardee have a fraction of the posts that people like wiz have but if I see they have posted something I will go straight to read it because I know it''ll be good. The same goes for people like CA and gazza and many others. They post good stuff. At the moment, (I''m gonna say this because this is how I feel) this forum is a load of ****. 90% of the threads are about rumours made up by 2 different people. 5% are muppets, binners and wolves fans spamming each others brains out and then there is the 5% that is readable. That is why people are getting cheesed off. In the past you would go on and find ardee telling a good ol'' story, wiz being crazy, smudge and some others moaning about the board, Nutty and mr carrow arguing about the accounts, CA and gazza discussing their next plans on finding huckerby, LGT and ZLF making in-depth discussions on our on-the-pitch-failures and YC and Rude Old posting (mostly) insightful things. When you say "more people" are these the people you want to talk with or debate with? No, because most of them are 10 year old binners. Simple as.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="ipswichrscum"]

[/quote]

No I completely disagree with you. You are getting the wrong end of the stick. Some of the "well-knowns" as you like to call them do what you say. They do ignore some posters or worse attack them. My first post on the new-incarnation of this forum was about worthy not being whiter than white. I got slagged off, I got ignore but If you post good stuff. If you post things that are good to read people will read them. Posters like Chicken and Ardee have a fraction of the posts that people like wiz have but if I see they have posted something I will go straight to read it because I know it''ll be good. The same goes for people like CA and gazza and many others. They post good stuff.

At the moment, (I''m gonna say this because this is how I feel) this forum is a load of ****. 90% of the threads are about rumours made up by 2 different people. 5% are muppets, binners and wolves fans spamming each others brains out and then there is the 5% that is readable. That is why people are getting cheesed off. In the past you would go on and find ardee telling a good ol'' story, wiz being crazy, smudge and some others moaning about the board, Nutty and mr carrow arguing about the accounts, CA and gazza discussing their next plans on finding huckerby, LGT and ZLF making in-depth discussions on our on-the-pitch-failures and YC and Rude Old posting (mostly) insightful things.

When you say "more people" are these the people you want to talk with or debate with? No, because most of them are 10 year old binners. Simple as.
[/quote]

So your saying due to the fact that they are new and were not on here posting before makes them ''10 year old binners'' which do nt deserve to post on here and deserve to be ignored by all the ''great posters'' this board has had. I''ve been on here a fair while aswell (which you wouldn''t have noticed as im not considered one of the ''worthy great posters that we should bow down to and ignore anybody else that doesn''t fit into this category'') so I deserve my opinion. - and I feel this forum is dominated by those who think they are better than everybody else. People who have the right to tell other posters they should ''get back to school'' just because they have a different opinion. Its like a competition to you lot to see who can become the most powerful person on here.

I think people use to put more thought into their writing before posting previously, but I also believe this message board was going downhill long before the moderation ceased.

Moderation was also responsible for the banning of Cluck - What a diabolical decision that was.

So your saying due to the fact that they are new and were not on here posting before makes them ''10 year old binners'' which do nt deserve to post on here and deserve to be ignored by all the ''great posters'' this board has had. I''ve been on here a fair while aswell (which you wouldn''t have noticed as im not considered one of the ''worthy great posters that we should bow down to and ignore anybody else that doesn''t fit into this category'') so I deserve my opinion. - and I feel this forum is dominated by those who think they are better than everybody else. People who have the right to tell other posters they should ''get back to school'' just because they have a different opinion. Its like a competition to you lot to see who can become the most powerful person on here.

[/quote]I think you are showing why people don''t reply to your threads already (that said I do actually enjoy reading some of your posts as you seem like a passionate city fan who still has a sense of humour, which is a rare thing indeed). I''ll put it simply to you. Those 10 year old binners, are the people who are spamming 50 posts in an hour. They are NOT the people who make geniune threads that people respond to in an intelligent discussion. The majority of these "new posters" are just annoying trolls, it doesn''t matter whether I agree or not with them because there is nothing to agree with them about! Some of these new posters (who have decided to post because they no longer are regulated), post sensible things, some see the "un-moderation" as an oppotunity to raise hell.You seem as though you have a chip on your shoulder. If people don''t agree with your opinion then that doesn''t mean they are big bad regulars who you should plot from within the shadows. Why don''t you actively debate them. Put your opinion out there and challenge theirs? This forum used to be full of valuable posts (whether you think they aren''t or not) and now is full mostly of spammers. I still TRY to read some of the threads put out there by relative newbies but the vast majority of them are either spam themselves or end up being spammed.  Most of the people who post on here regularly have no other motive than to join in to an active discussion. Just because they have many posts doesn''t mean they want to take over the world, it is merely a sign that they reguarly post in discussions. Some posters who I respect greatly have significantly fewer posts than me and even you. You earn your respect by posting good things. I probably don''t post really great stuff tbh but that said I don''t think I post awful stuff that people avoid like the plague.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="ipswichrscum"] 

[/quote]

I think you are showing why people don''t reply to your threads already (that said I do actually enjoy reading some of your posts as you seem like a passionate city fan who still has a sense of humour, which is a rare thing indeed). I''ll put it simply to you. Those 10 year old binners, are the people who are spamming 50 posts in an hour. They are NOT the people who make geniune threads that people respond to in an intelligent discussion. The majority of these "new posters" are just annoying trolls, it doesn''t matter whether I agree or not with them because there is nothing to agree with them about! Some of these new posters (who have decided to post because they no longer are regulated), post sensible things, some see the "un-moderation" as an oppotunity to raise hell.

You seem as though you have a chip on your shoulder. If people don''t agree with your opinion then that doesn''t mean they are big bad regulars who you should plot from within the shadows. Why don''t you actively debate them. Put your opinion out there and challenge theirs? This forum used to be full of valuable posts (whether you think they aren''t or not) and now is full mostly of spammers. I still TRY to read some of the threads put out there by relative newbies but the vast majority of them are either spam themselves or end up being spammed. 

Most of the people who post on here regularly have no other motive than to join in to an active discussion. Just because they have many posts doesn''t mean they want to take over the world, it is merely a sign that they reguarly post in discussions. Some posters who I respect greatly have significantly fewer posts than me and even you. You earn your respect by posting good things. I probably don''t post really great stuff tbh but that said I don''t think I post awful stuff that people avoid like the plague.
[/quote]

Fair enough - Your now saying that it isn''t just all new posters that are automatically thought of as ''10 year old binners'' - but the fair few of them whose posts show they are, in which I would agree - such as ''sam the eagle''. But like sam the eagle - if this is the case, they soon get banned. So therefore the new posters that do not get banned surely don''t post 50 spamming posts in an hour, or they too would be banned. If you see what i''m getting at..

Take this conversation for instance. Before, I would still be waiting for my first post to come through. Their would be the same threads for the next couple of hours. And quite frankly it got pretty boring. Now i come on and theirs nw things to read - and we can have conversations like this without having to wait however many hours for our posts to be accepted.

I didn''t mean to take this out on you btw, you have actually bothered to take my post and views into consideration - and reply. But there are alot of people on here who are to big for their own boots, and are only against this un-moderation as it reduces the limelight they used to recieve.

Unfortunately they don''t get all banned and not all people can agree on what is acceptable and what is not. Although I still think un-moderated posts are a good idea I think we have gone from one extreme to another. We now seem to have gone from one extreme to another. Before we had too much moderation and now we have to little. It is unfair for us to ask for the mods to have to keep a watchful eye on this forum at all times but I think it would be a good idea to maybe have more moderators or maybe responsible people who have the ability to delete and lock threads and temp. ban some people solely on here to be problematic. I think one of the reasons some more seasoned members to this forum find newbie posters annoying is because they seem to follow the unwritten rule about posting in readable english (that said even some of the more prolific posters struggle with it still, I think you know whom I talk about).

when are you going to realise that any forum is complete load of rubbish. its all a big wind up to some, some actually think things on here are real, some who post stuff actually believe what they are saying.

For you to actually think you are missing something by not viewing the forum sums the whole thing up, view it for a laugh not to get some facts

[quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

when are you going to realise that any forum is complete load of rubbish. its all a big wind up to some, some actually think things on here are real, some who post stuff actually believe what they are saying.

For you to actually think you are missing something by not viewing the forum sums the whole thing up, view it for a laugh not to get some facts

[/quote]

Exactly. ITS JUST A BLOOMIN'' FORUM [H]

[/quote]

I disagree! Any decent  forum will have a number of moderators/admin staff who will stop multiple threads, move threads to the correct section, delete any drivel, make it impossible to change user names, stop spamming and generally keep the conversation on topic and flowing.

Unfortunatley with this one site once the posts became instant they only left one mod (Pete) to keep an eye on it ,and thats in addition to his full time job, so he probably doesn''t have time to read through the threads and take any neccessary action.

[quote user="shyster"]

I think people use to put more thought into their writing before posting previously, but I also believe this message board was going downhill long before the moderation ceased.

Moderation was also responsible for the banning of Cluck - What a diabolical decision that was.

[/quote]

lol... I don''t know if you are being serious or not?

But I agree wholeheartedly with that... here. here Shyster... [:D]

[/quote]Sigh. If your experience of social communcation on the internet is that bad I feel for you. Probably says a lot about you and how interesting you are....

[quote user="shyster"]

[/quote]Agree on both points........bring back Cluck [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Since the decision was made to allow instant posting this forum has become nothing but a virtual copycat of "Wrath Of The Barclay" ( with expletives a little less blatant ), a site that I used to check out once in a while to see if I was missing something. I wasn''t. The desire for me to click into this forum is rapidly waning. Yes, I know it''s off-season, things will get more exciting some will say when the new season gets underway. I''m not so sure. I''ve observed the WOTB when the season is in full mode, and it didn''t impress me then anymore than this site does now. Just another reminder for me that, sometimes, one should call a check on what we wish for in life. It would be a shame to see something that was really quite enjoyable vanish into a memory. I hope I''m wrong, but I fear the worst. 

[/quote]

Would be nice to get a comment from Archant as to how they see the site progressing and as to whether they will have any spare resources to moderate the duplicate threads, rubbish, one liners etc etc