Sign in to follow this  
Steelsilver

Bookies Predicting Norwich Relegation!!!

[quote user="buddhaboy"]i will bung 50 in,small stuff is fine, im sure a tenner wouldnt damage many people pockets, and money could be put in all season.[/quote]I''d definitely help - after the mystery event on TUESDAY 10th :-)bear in mind you can''t put money in all season as the prices change dramatically...you''d have to save and then have a deadline. Perhaps you could have a word with arrdee....he''d probably be able to get a little more value from his bookmaker.would it be on relegation or promotion though? my bet would have been with steelsilver on relegation. ie. he thought the bookies were tipping us for relegation (which they weren''t) and basically agreed with them (even though they didn''t) but then mysteriously hasn''t condascended to bet even though I''m offering almost double the odds than any bookmaker :-)

******** TUESDAY 10th ************ READ THIS EPIC THREAD************

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="buddhaboy"]i will bung 50 in,small stuff is fine, im sure a tenner wouldnt damage many people pockets, and money could be put in all season.[/quote]I''d definitely help - after the mystery event on TUESDAY 10th :-)bear in mind you can''t put money in all season as the prices change dramatically...you''d have to save and then have a deadline. Perhaps you could have a word with arrdee....he''d probably be able to get a little more value from his bookmaker.would it be on relegation or promotion though? my bet would have been with steelsilver on relegation. ie. he thought the bookies were tipping us for relegation (which they weren''t) and basically agreed with them (even though they didn''t) but then mysteriously hasn''t condascended to bet even though I''m offering almost double the odds than any bookmaker :-)

[/quote]steelsilver said we were contenders, and it got me thinking, if we made it relagation, it leaves a big grey area for mid table etc, so to have top half or bottom half would create more betting and money raising opportunity. i know what you mean now about the deadline etc and yes, its something i will look at, as well as speaking to dear old arrdee,we can place 2 bets, those that think we will get into top half, and those that think we would end up in bottom half.and if for example bottom half won, then, that money goes to charity?and yes, the 10th, waiting with anticipation.

[quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="buddhaboy"]i will bung 50 in,small stuff is fine, im sure a tenner wouldnt damage many people pockets, and money could be put in all season.[/quote]I''d definitely help - after the mystery event on TUESDAY 10th :-)bear in mind you can''t put money in all season as the prices change dramatically...you''d have to save and then have a deadline. Perhaps you could have a word with arrdee....he''d probably be able to get a little more value from his bookmaker.would it be on relegation or promotion though? my bet would have been with steelsilver on relegation. ie. he thought the bookies were tipping us for relegation (which they weren''t) and basically agreed with them (even though they didn''t) but then mysteriously hasn''t condascended to bet even though I''m offering almost double the odds than any bookmaker :-)

[/quote]steelsilver said we were contenders, and it got me thinking, if we made it relagation, it leaves a big grey area for mid table etc, so to have top half or bottom half would create more betting and money raising opportunity. i know what you mean now about the deadline etc and yes, its something i will look at, as well as speaking to dear old arrdee,we can place 2 bets, those that think we will get into top half, and those that think we would end up in bottom half.and if for example bottom half won, then, that money goes to charity?and yes, the 10th, waiting with anticipation.[/quote]

I''m inclined to think that a percentage of the amount should go on promotion (e/w 40''s or 33''s) as you''ll kick yourself if it happens and you don''t capitalise on it. It''ll also add to the thread, the humour of it, the egg on sleets face and will help the thread go into forum history and folklore.

haha, you telling me bookies are not taking bets on Norwich relegation??? Read latest pink un headline which reads ''With the start of the new season a little more than two months away, and Roeder''s player recruitment drive in its infancy, Norwich are as short as 5/2 to find themselves in the third tier of English football come 2009.'' So dude...who''s the one eating mud now eh???? LMAO!!

Well "Dude" you can say that, fair enough, but if you read further down you''ll see that Neil Adams has this to say:

"But Adams believes Norwich will be able to put some distance between themselves and the five teams - Blackpool, Barnsley, Doncaster Rovers, Plymouth Argyle and Southampton - more fancied for relegation, before the latest 46-game marathon begins on August 9.

“Those odds are understandable because they go on current form, and last season Norwich only stayed up by three points. But I think it will all change when we get to the eve of the new season,” said Adams.

“The manager said he needs to get six or seven players into the club and by then the team will have a vastly different look about it. Everyone will see the odds change when the new players come in, especially with the calibre of players being mentioned at the moment.”

Depends what you want to think about it really.

OTBC     Stick out tongue [:P]

Is Adams a bookie? No...and i bet if you asked him to back Norwich to finish even mid table...he''d run a mile. Doomsday for City is drawing nearer and nearer.

and as for mentioning players....any fool can mention names...i could mention Owen - Rooney - Terry - Ronaldo - are all targets ....thing is any great player is always anyones target. Its just talk...only when the contract is signed sealed and delivered then they can be looked at.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Is Adams a bookie? [/quote]

he might be for all you know.. he needs a job after all now

jas :)

I''d throw in on the bet if it get''s the go ahead. Always for a giggle & with money going to charity, everyone''s a winner! Noticed the young boy is back from school now & not mentioning much about throwing in on this bet........ How much does a paper round pay nowadays & will we see any of it in the bet pot?????

[quote user="buddhaboy"]im ere what you on bout lol
and yes,  certainly going to try and get it up and going.
need to get a charity picked though.
[/quote]

Good times. Charity-wise, I''m pretty happy with what the majority go for. Maybe David Rocastle''s charity being another ex-canary (albeit for a very short time) & is no longer with us???

[quote user="Steelsilver"]haha, you telling me bookies are not taking bets on Norwich relegation??? Read latest pink un headline which reads ''With the start of the new season a little more than two months away, and Roeder''s player recruitment drive in its infancy, Norwich are as short as 5/2 to find themselves in the third tier of English football come 2009.'' So dude...who''s the one eating mud now eh???? LMAO!![/quote]But that''s not the point of our amusement, something you still fail to grasp... is your school in Special Measures, perchance?The point was your ridiculous misinterpretation of the odds for Promotion, and your subsequent attempts to justify yourself and your "bet you a million quid", thus digging a hole you''ve yet to get yourself out of.  Oh, and your complete inability to engage in adult debate and your obvious childishness.  And a "million" other hilarious facets of your obviously flawed character.  Sorry "dude", but you''ll go down in history as one of the most amusing posters on these boards, and for all the wrong reasons I''m afraid...Oh, and you''ve still yet to pledge any of your vast fortune to the good causes being touted here........ [:P]

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Is Adams a bookie? No...and i bet if you asked him to back Norwich to finish even mid table...he''d run a mile. Doomsday for City is drawing nearer and nearer.[/quote]

So bookies are the oracle now. What a bookie says goes?

So if the bookies said there was a good chance I could life a 10-ton bus with one arm would you believe them? More importantly would you place a bet?

I''m not say we will or won''t go down but your theory on bookies knowing all seems flawed.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Is Adams a bookie? No...and i bet if you asked him to back Norwich to finish even mid table...he''d run a mile. Doomsday for City is drawing nearer and nearer.[/quote]

So bookies are the oracle now. What a bookie says goes?

So if the bookies said there was a good chance I could life a 10-ton bus with one arm would you believe them? More importantly would you place a bet?

I''m not say we will or won''t go down but your theory on bookies knowing all seems flawed.

[/quote]

Probably because he''s not been near one due to being too young to place legal bets!

You could ask him if he wants a bet, bet he has a mill tucked away somewhere!

funny eh...how Pink Un has taken to copying my headlines that i made yesterday....be it in their own words but still the same. Guess they seen the light of day unlike some who still think we will be mixing it with Chelsea and Man Utd in a cpl of seasons time.....more like mixing it with Colchester if the bookies proove to be right.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]funny eh...how Pink Un has taken to copying my headlines that i made yesterday....be it in their own words but still the same. Guess they seen the light of day unlike some who still think we will be mixing it with Chelsea and Man Utd in a cpl of seasons time.....more like mixing it with Colchester if the bookies proove to be right.[/quote]

lol what is funny though is the way you talk about having a million, like you actually have a million spare, didn''t know the dole paid that much [;)]

And you really do flatter yourself thinking that your dreary, childlike comments would make headline news lmao, I''m sorry but you have to be the funniest thing since Lee Evans first came on the scene. [Y]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Steelsilver - you got gonads like beach balls to keep posting on this thread [:O][/quote]

Or just plain stupid [:D]

you stay away from my gonads ya hear!! Maybe valdo would be more welcoming there......i only posting the truth...truth hurts...

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Pink Un has taken to copying my headlines that i made yesterday....be it in their own words but still the same. [/quote]Absolutely priceless.... Sleety my boy, never ever leave us, its nice to have a complete clown to rally behind and laugh out loud at... [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Steelsilver - you got gonads like beach balls to keep posting on this thread [:O][/quote]

Or just plain stupid [:D]

[/quote]

You don''t think? [:^)]

[quote user="Steelsilver"]funny eh...how Pink Un has taken to copying my headlines that i made yesterday....be it in their own words but still the same. Guess they seen the light of day unlike some who still think we will be mixing it with Chelsea and Man Utd in a cpl of seasons time.....more like mixing it with Colchester if the bookies proove to be right.[/quote]funny eh... how Pink'' Un has taken to the new sport of baiting steelsilver like many others in this time of no signings and real news...and dude, they are good - you''ve posted loads today. I''m thinking Michael Bailey may have read this thread ? :-)Anyway...the bet?

[quote user="Steelsilver"]you stay away from my gonads ya hear!! Maybe valdo would be more welcoming there......i only posting the truth...truth hurts...[/quote]

OOOOHHH, get her [W]

Although he is great comedy value (however intentional it is!), I feel Steelsilver''s points on this thread about as legit as a chocolate fireguard.

But then I suppose when you''re a muli-gazillionaire you can write what you want eh??????

[quote user="norwichsnewfinest"]

Although he is great comedy value (however intentional it is!), I feel Steelsilver''s points on this thread about as legit as a chocolate fireguard.

But then I suppose when you''re a muli-gazillionaire you can write what you want eh??????

[/quote]

If you were that rich you wouldn''t write anything yourself surely, you''d have someone to do it for you lol.