Sign in to follow this  
ca

Glen Roeder

He said at the fans forum that he let Lewis go because he had two promising young goalies at the club Arnold and Rudd but I see Armold has been released?

He said in his first interview and at the fans forum that he''d never moan about the players publically yet he''s done just that with Jamie

He said that he wouldnt be discussing contracts until we were safe yet Fozzy and Doc had already been spoken to.

He said he believed in the academy but he''s not given any youngsters like Smart and Eagle a chance

He said he knew weeks ago who he was releasing so why couldnt he have told Hucks and the fans so we could have given him a deserved send off.

I could give  you a few more examples but suspect you''re getting my drift

Am I a bit disillusioned with him, yes I am.

With no chance of saying a decent goodbye it feels like he has been ushured out the back door.  So wrong the whole affair imo.

Roeder is a terrible manager and it will come to seed pretty soon. Just ask West Ham & Newcastle fans about how he treats staff and what he thing about fans.

I find him quite embarrasing to be honest. Any one know exactly what he is being paid roughly?

I don''t think we should let the whole Hucks thing turn us against Roeder. He has done very well in his first season, I''m not going to rave about him as others are, but he is doing a good job. I think it would of been a big, BIG mistake to announce Hucks was going before the QPR game that Hucks wasn''t getting another contract. That game was far to big to have things like that hanging over it.It sucks we can''t say "goodbye" to Hucks, but what would that actually entail? Singing a few songs? I''m pretty sure that was done against QPR and Sheff Wed.We can''t let the fact that an aging, former great player is leaving at the end of his contract cause fractions in the club. If he had been kicked out mid way through a contract, or sold off for cheap then we could get upset, but it''s a natural ending. Roeder is using his head not his heart (although Hucks wouldn''t actually mean that much to Roeder, but you know what I mean) to run the club, which is as it should be. This decision has taken a lot of guts, he knows it is unpopular, he could of given him another contract, used him as a sub every now and again and avoided all these problems but that would of been to the detriment of the club.

[quote user="archer4721"]

Roeder is a terrible manager and it will come to seed pretty soon. Just ask West Ham & Newcastle fans about how he treats staff and what he thing about fans.

I find him quite embarrasing to be honest. Any one know exactly what he is being paid roughly?

[/quote]Stop wasting time here please, go back and post on your own forum.Until you actually post something positive I will assume you are an oxygen waster from that nasty place south of Norfolk.

[quote user="cityangel"]

He said at the fans forum that he let Lewis go because he had two promising young goalies at the club Arnold and Rudd but I see Armold has been released? He was talking about Rudd and Jed Steer I believe.

He said in his first interview and at the fans forum that he''d never moan about the players publically yet he''s done just that with Jamie After all the chances he''s missed, wouldn''t you if you were manager? He never mentioned Cureton''s name, as far as I know, but it wasn''t just him who was missing great chances.

He said that he wouldnt be discussing contracts until we were safe yet Fozzy and Doc had already been spoken to. How do you know that they''ve been spoken to with regards to contracts though? For all we know, they were probably just asked if they''d like to be here next season or not.

He said he believed in the academy but he''s not given any youngsters like Smart and Eagle a chance To be fair, he has signed up Korey Smith, Damon Lathrope and Luke Daly and I hear that Eagle is definitely staying.

He said he knew weeks ago who he was releasing so why couldnt he have told Hucks and the fans so we could have given him a deserved send off. Because we weren''t safe weeks ago, although Hucks should''ve been told and an announcement should''ve been made before the Wednesday game.

I could give  you a few more examples but suspect you''re getting my drift Oh yes.

Am I a bit disillusioned with him, yes I am. Really, I''d never have guessed [;)]

[/quote]

[quote user="Jonny 5"]I don''t think we should let the whole Hucks thing turn us against Roeder. He has done very well in his first season, I''m not going to rave about him as others are, but he is doing a good job. I think it would of been a big, BIG mistake to announce Hucks was going before the QPR game that Hucks wasn''t getting another contract. That game was far to big to have things like that hanging over it.

It sucks we can''t say "goodbye" to Hucks, but what would that actually entail? Singing a few songs? I''m pretty sure that was done against QPR and Sheff Wed.

We can''t let the fact that an aging, former great player is leaving at the end of his contract cause fractions in the club. If he had been kicked out mid way through a contract, or sold off for cheap then we could get upset, but it''s a natural ending. Roeder is using his head not his heart (although Hucks wouldn''t actually mean that much to Roeder, but you know what I mean) to run the club, which is as it should be. This decision has taken a lot of guts, he knows it is unpopular, he could of given him another contract, used him as a sub every now and again and avoided all these problems but that would of been to the detriment of the club.
[/quote]

A good sensible post Jonny 5, but an announcement should''ve been made before the Wednesday game - I think that''s obvious.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

He said that he wouldnt be discussing contracts until we were safe yet Fozzy and Doc had already been spoken to. How do you know that they''ve been spoken to with regards to contracts though? For all we know, they were probably just asked if they''d like to be here next season or not.

[/quote]

They knew they would be offered a contract a while ago BMC and Hucks said today that it was a shame that he''d only heard today as some of the other lads heard last week.

As for Jamie he moaned about him on radio Norfolk and named him which hasn''t helped the lads confidence - if only he''d had a hug like Gibbs got !

Roeder is on record as saying he is his own man and never responds to pressure from fans. He did in fact say that he always ignores the braying from the crowd for a particular player to be brought on and it can make him less inclined to do so.

Moral here is that he intends to stand or fall by his own devices and as much as we may not like some of his decisions that is what we pay him for and can only hope that he gets it right and returns us to the Premiership.

Agree with that Felix - the point here is that he has made a decision he clearly knew wouldn''t please the supporters so must have done it because he believed it was the right one, and whether we like the decisions or not, they are what he is paid to do. 

At the end of the day, whatever anyone says Hucks did have a pretty poor season with few flashes of what he has done in the past - a run of 4-5 games at the end of the season is not what I am talking about, but the 50-odd game season that the club just played, where he was no more than a bit part player.  If anyone really thinks he put in a decent stint, then why is it that he was nowhere in the voting for player of the season? 

Don''t get me wrong, I think he was one of the best players we''ve had at the club in years and would have loved him to have been given a contract, but football is a hear and now business and you can''t rest on past glories.  At 32 (and I''m sure he reckoned last season that he''d be retiring at that age?), I don''t think we could expect him to continue as he had, so maybe when all is said and done to let him go might be for the best.

It does have to be said that the way it was handled was disappointing (and another pr disaster for the club) but Roeder has clearly made up his mind what he wants to do, and we should give him time to show his hand a bit more before we go for kneejerk reactions calling for his head.  If/when we fail to bring in replacements, and/or start the season poorly, that is the time we will find out whether it was the right or wrong decision, and not before.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

Roeder is on record as saying he is his own man and never responds to pressure from fans. He did in fact say that he always ignores the braying from the crowd for a particular player to be brought on and it can make him less inclined to do so.

Moral here is that he intends to stand or fall by his own devices and as much as we may not like some of his decisions that is what we pay him for and can only hope that he gets it right and returns us to the Premiership.

[/quote]He sounds very much like Worthington after relegation.  No wonder Newcastle and West Ham fans sent him packing.

[quote user="cityangel"]

He said at the fans forum that he let Lewis go because he had two promising young goalies at the club Arnold and Rudd but I see Armold has been released?

[/quote]

And he''s about to lose another goalkeeper.