Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

Gibbs

I think Gibbs has been a bit harshly treated by some of the fans but having said that I think Roeder got away with that selection yesterday due to the sending off. If it had gone wrong and we had lost he would have been extremely culpable for inexplicably leaving out Russell again.

As for Gibbs he looks technically good and intelligent as shown by his best display for us away at the Blades but he does not have anough presence to boss a midfield at this level at this moment in time. If he can be put on a weights programme over the summer then may be worth having back next year as once he fills out I think he will be a very good player.

Thought he was very good, played well out wide and got stuck in the middle well. He is still young and young players need a bit of time to develop. Will be a good player and I would like him back next year.

I thought he was lightweight again.

couldn''t believe Roeder selected him ahead of any of the 3 midfielders/wingers on the bench.

it might help when it comes to aranging loans for next season but we wouldn''t have got any from Arsenal had the gamble backfired and we took a step nearer to League One.

His potential is irrelevant unless he fulfills it at Norwich. 

[quote user="baldyboy"]no shack attack, its just that he was dog poo two months ago when he first broke into the team in my opinion. thats why hes only played 6 games in all the time he was here[/quote]He played fairly well yesterday though and had a fairly decent game against the best team in the league (WBA) by all accounts. Maybe he''s finally come to terms with the style of The Championship and is worth another shot next year? There''s a lesson to be learned here somewhere, see if you can guess what it is.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

I thought he was lightweight again.

[/quote]He cant gain a couple of stone of muscle in just a couple of weeks you know!! (legally)

shack attack, ill fall for your patronising question as sorry i dont see what the lesson is. there is no way he was worthy of being selected ahead of russell in the last two games. says it all when hes been here the same length of time as pearce and not played as many games. hes just not cut out for championship football as hes so easy to brush off the ball. why should we give him time to develop when he dont belong to us?

The choice isnt rusty and gibbs tho,  its about the wide place.   The choice is Gibbs and Croft/Chadwick.  The latter is clearly Roeder preference yet is coming back from injury;  croft would seem the sensible choice (and right one imo) but something has happened here for Croft not to play the last two games - is is just a lack of end product?

Gibbs was OK to day,  not poor but not good either and FTFW is right - he is too lightweight at the mo,  lacking conviction in tackles etc.  Would like to see him in the middle a bit more once he can commit.

Pattison did a good job today and I can see why he kept his starting place ahead of rusty.

[quote user="baldyboy"]shack attack, ill fall for your patronising question as sorry i dont see what the lesson is. [/quote]

The lesson is that you should give players time to settle before you write them off as useless. Gibbs performances have steadily improved since he had that shocker against Hull, he hasn''t set The Championship alight by any means but there has been an improvement. Now the question that Glenn Roeder has to ponder is whether that is the end of his improvement or is there more to come. If he thinks that Gibbs will continue to improve then it may be worth seeing if we can get him back next year.

Gibbs is neat & tidy on the ball, has pace to burn and put a few decent corners into the box on Saturday, i think he''s a good player.

For those that think he''s lightweight, I can think of a certain someone else who is lightweight but has made a significant contribution here over the last 4 years.................