Sign in to follow this  
yellowmad

YOUTH MATTERS

Luke Daley will be a good player from what i''ve seen, and watch out for Bally Smart next season, I think he''ll b a future Hux!

What about the younger players that are left at the club now Miller and the rest have been released, Rudd, Daley, Cooper and Smith?

It sounds like both the youth ''keepers will be good. Norwich always seems to produce good keepers. Hoping Daley with prove to be worth his contract and this is a real make or break season for Smart, he didn''t set the world alight at MK Dons and I hope he is more than just quick, as the last thing we need is another winger who doesn''t produce a final ball (or is he a striker?).It will probably be some player we aren''t thinking about or even know, isn''t there some kid call Richardson who scored last night, maybe he will burst onto the scene. It''s about time someone made the step up.

[quote user="yellowmad"]Smart has been released, he was just quick[/quote]Where is your source? Can''t see it myself, he seems like one of the better prospects.

[quote user="yellowmad"]My son is good friends with three of the youth team players, Smart and Arnold have been released.[/quote]Still nothing from the club yellowmad ! You''re not telling porkies are you ?

Anyone else know who has been released or the boys to watch out for next season, by the way well done FONCY you do a great job raising funds for the team...keep up the good work

[quote user="yellowmad"]Bally smart has been released[/quote]

I will be very surprised if thats true, thought he was one of our better younger players when I''ve seen him play for the ressies

Didn''t Smart struggle to get in MK Dons side?! Can''t say i''d be too bothered by any of these going, would be nice to see some youth coming through sooner or later though but at the end of the day if they''re not good enough they''re not good enough!

I have also heard that Bexfield, Smart and Arnold have been released.

But you can also add Halliday and the Jarvis bros to that.

Cave-brown, Renton and eagle have been offered contracts.

[quote user="yellowmad"]I think you will find that Renton turned down the contract[/quote]

Thought he''d be desperate to stay, haven''t we stood by him during two (??!) broken legs or something? He''s half-decent on Football manager too!

Not sure what Grant seen in him to make him our youngest player, he only scored five goals last season and two of those were pre season against poor oposition. Also not sure how he can leap ahead of Chris Martin who has played and scored the the first team. He broke his leg in an early season game against Chelsea and you would have thought he would jump at the chance of a pro contract, but it seems he has turned it down.

I said Renton was offered a contract, but didnt know it was turned down. But as that is good news he would probably sign it.

I dont know why Eagle is being offered one, he is awful, as is Daley who is the worst player ever to get a contract!

Seems a strange decision. Arnold was on the bench for quite a few games, Smart is an absolute flyer and Bexfield technically excellent .Smart did quite well on loan at MK and  both he and Bexfield was very close to the 1st team under Worthington and Grant.Bexfield has recently broken his foot which has stopped Roeder seeing him and.Smart is without doubt the quickest player I have seen and just needed some more time. For what they cost all three should have been loaned out and like Gibbs allowed to develop at a lower level.I am convinced that Smart will come back to haunt the club as pace like his is very rare.The other two I wish all the best as I do for any young player who has spent many years reaching this level and that includes the Jarvis boys, Eagle and Cave Brown.I have had the pleasure of meeting several of these lads at Colney and they were a credit to the Academy

I worry that for all their faults Spillane and Martin if it was not for their longer contracts would also have been shown the door.These players need to be nutured which Roeder seems happy to do with other premiership youngsters but not local lads which IMO are just as good as Gibbs and Henry.Will players want to come to the Academy if at the first opportunity they are binned or replaced by designer models who in reality are no better. Some of these boys are on peanuts each week and that seems a very small investment for Norwich to see through. I accept that Martin and Spillane were on more but surely that is another reason to support and nuture so that at least their stock value increases and we make money on the transfer market.I look forward to watching how the club promotes Lathrope Renton and Daly next year and hope they are given more of a chance than some that have gone before. 

Not sure what is going on, seems the good players are being released or not even offered a contract and the average players are getting contracts or having their contracts renewed.

also in reply to yellowmad original question.

Ive seen the youth team around five times this season including a couple of ressie games.

The players to watch out are Jed Steer, David Cooper, Danny Kelly, Sam Habergham, Josh Dawkin and especially Manny Richardson and Nick Davey (who are better players than Chris Martin and Luke Daley).

As you have seen the boys play who would you have given contracts to, I have watched them them seveal times and to be honest I was amazed who was offered contracts.

If it is true that Eagle has been given a new contract I am gobsmacked. I am pleased for Cave Brown who should have played this year but agree those that are staying are way behind those that are going.I have watched alot of youth team football this year and have to agree about Daly and Lathrope, also agree that Renton must be mad as he was used by Grant to deflect criticism at a diificut time and at the best is big and average

If I was the manager:

From the pros I would have released the Jarvis bros, eagle, halliday, arnold and possibly Bexfield and offered contracts to Smart and Cave-Brown

From the scholars I would have released O''Toole, Yong, Renton, Mclean, Matthews, Daley and offered contracts to Lathrope, Tom Miller and possibly Ross Kelly.