Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Marshall for player of the year.

I just saw on the on the Pinkun home that Marshall is favourite for player of the year!

What a load of rubbish.  Marshall should not be given player of the year atall.  Yes he has made a few good saves but that is it, he is to much of a liability.  Their have been far better players this season, like; Dion, Russel, Croft, Doc and Shax.  If he gets player of the year I will be overwhelmed, he does not deserve it what so ever.

My three though would be;

1. Dion

2. Russel

3. Croft

I really do hope Marshall does not win, and I still wont be happy if he''s in the top three either.

your talking utter rubbish, if it wasn''t for Marshall we''d be in the bottom 3 nowMy three would be1) Marshall (Has made countless world class saves to help city claim 3 points)2) Russell (slow start to the season but has been superb since GR came in)3) Doc (Has been showing the form which won him this award 2 years ago, when he''s not playing we miss him)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Agreed Boyo!

says alot about the rest of the squad if he wins POTY!

jas :)

[/quote]

It''s going to make you look pretty stupid if he does win it [:$] .

To me Marshall is just another of those goalies capable of making amazing saves, but let down by his all round game and a strange habit of blundering.  He is a far better keeper than Gallacher, but no Green.  He is no way strong enough at crosses to ever be a top top keeper.

Now the local newspapers have said he is the favourite he will no doubt get the prize as that is how POTS seems to work.

To be honest I can''t think of anyone who deserves the award in the squad. Doherty has been our best defender, and him getting twice in recent years would go a long way to explaining why we are still failing to challenge in the championship.  Midfield and its Croft and Russell, neither really setting the world alight and up front, its either the non scoring Dion or the off colour Cureton.

All in all, why not give it to Marshall, he is our highest scoring player on Opta - sounds like about as good a  reason to give it to any of teh current crop on this season''s performances.

Shacks!!! You have to be kidding! biggest pile of **** this season.im sorry but marshall this season has been terrific for us, hes been there at times when we need a decent keeper, so lay off the guy, im pretty sure without him we would still be in the relegation zone.

christ!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Agreed Boyo!

says alot about the rest of the squad if he wins POTY!

[/quote]

It''s going to make you look pretty stupid if he does win it [:$] .

[/quote]

in what way? in the way that 95% of people see a goalie as a shot stopper and not 1st line of attack and last line of defence?

Why does everyone seem to forget how many mistakes greeno made? forrest away anybody? blackburn away? don''t get me wrong, Greeno was an absolute star for us, though Marshall will be just as good as Greeno imo

I think Marshall has the ability to, in the future, become an outstanding goalkeeper for us. His close range saves and overall reflexes are top class however if he can bring into his game the ability to know when and when not to come and claim crosses/corners only then will he be a player of the season.

Hes still a very young goalkeeper, only 23, and has so much more to learn, outstanding potential for us.

1. Russell (however his recent reds might go against him)

2. Dublin - outstanding wherever he plays

3. Doc - underrated and has saved our butts many times

Marshall - Quality shot stopper, (hate to say it but he alot like his namesake was for us) he cant kick too well, slightly better than andy though, Andy''s was ok to be fair to him at Coventry last week though. still wish, as a previous poster said, he could come and claim more crosses and sweep for the back four abit more. but if he did all that lets face it, he would NOT be playing for us, he would still be in Celtic first team if not higher. he can be another great Keeper to play for us and i wouldn''t mind him picking up Player of the season.

Donkey - I was his biggest critic earlier in the season. but lets be fair to the lad (and he is still a lad beleive it or not, what 27??) he has been one of the main reasons we have turned things round. he may not be pretty, he may look clumsy, but he does what he has to, as a centre back he is meant to be no nonsense, strong, and do a job of keeping the oppostion from scoring. our defensive record is ok this season. wish he could change that running style though. whats with the dragging your feet along the ground as you run and also sweeping his hair back (YOU AINT GOT ANY DONKS!!!)

Shackell - some people dont like him, but if it werent for him and marsh at Coventry we get annihlated (moreso) steady player and still Very young for a CentreHalf he got a few years before he peaks and still has potential to be a class player. Tuesday was a good example aswell. other than the goal he didnt put a foot wrong, that tackle when he sprinted across to cover semmy was awesome and an insight into what he CAN be.

Fotheringham - He''ll get a mention this season, Tuesday First half he played really well. he is a good player. tracks back well, can pass well,  good tackling for a Centre Midfielder. although down side: why cant he seem to run with the ball or pass forward much? i dont see how a guy who has the ability he does to pick a pass and execute it. doesn''t try it more often. one reason i think we dont score many is this. we are one dimensional. Marshall - Donkey - Shackell - Fotheringham - Shackell - Otsemobor - Fotheringham - Shackell - (get it wide!) sometimes we need to play narrower escecially when Jimmy C is playing.

Russell - the red cards will hurt him for the running? its voted for by the fans, they dont care that much, and the Coventry one was a tad unlucky. cant doubt his commitment and desire atall (in the words of Nigel Worthington and Peter Grant can''t doubt his work rate) but would be nice to see him with a bit more composure with the ball. passes by him tend not to have enough power on them. and also when he is alongside Fozzy he should be further up the pitch when we have the ball. Fozzy will sit back and wont attack, so it up to him to join the forwards (a la Francis, still think we miss a midfielder like that)

All this is just my opinion so make of it what you will....

Who do i think will win player of the Season?

simply... Dion Dublin. sentimental, deserving through his performances earlier in the year (recently they dropped abit) also how most fans are blind to when he does make mistakes (honest he does at times beleive it or not... Bury goal at home comes to mind, lost his man at the far post) valid his positives far outwiegh his bad points. he still is one of if not the best player we have. he will be missed and he will get the Barry Butler Trophy because of his pride and love of wearing that shirt. he may have played for a few clubs over the years, but it just appears he does love it here. but hey im biased.

Okay i''ve bored you enough, thanks for reading the post if you bothered.

Cheers

Even though he had 2 games of stupid, I think Russell has been good this season, Marshall is up there as is the Doc and Fozzy. Loan player of the season is a choice between Taylor, Ched and Bertrand.