Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Long Distance Weekender

Just a quick '' Thank You '' to Andrew Cullen and everyone else involved for their time and effort in organising this again this year.( the good weather deserves a mention too )

The half-time flag parade around Carrow Road - something I managed to pass on this year - followed by City''s narrow win set things up nicely for the remaining entertainment.

A '' Carrow-Oke '' evening in the Gunn Club saw a usual mixture of excruciatingly bad and surprisingly good singers and the 5-a-side tournament at Colney on the Sunday morning saw  friendly but competitive sides battle it out under the expert eyes of guest managers for the day. These included familiar names such as Sandy Kennon, Bill Punton, Jerry Goss and Mark Barham amongst others.

It seems like this excellent idea in bringing exiled supporters groups together could become a permanent feature, so, once again, well done to all. 

Where were Tilly and Kathy in the half time flag parade [:)], didn''t recognise any of the NCISA guys carrying their flag.

I need a parachute to get from my seat the the perimeter track so I let others have the glory!

thought it was good, a really nice touch to give a bit of recognition for supporters in not so near places, but how come there was a flag from yarmouth? I travel in from Lowestoft and certainly don''t consider myself a "long distance supporter"!

In honour and recognition of the Norwegian representative who was bringing up the rear, I would like to humbly suggest all of us who go to Sheff Wed on the final day of the season dress as Vikings...

I don''t care much for supporters clubs to be honest and more so the flag bearers. I, like a lot of others still do long journeys and make a significant contributions to the club and don''t need to be a member of a club for that.

Not having a pop at people who went, just saying its not my cup of tea and this being a message board, I thought I would share this with you all.

The Yarmouth ''long-distance'' Supporters Club also made me chuckle, too, after my usual 120-mile journey to Carrow Road

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

thought it was good, a really nice touch to give a bit of recognition for supporters in not so near places, but how come there was a flag from yarmouth? I travel in from Lowestoft and certainly don''t consider myself a "long distance supporter"!

In honour and recognition of the Norwegian representative who was bringing up the rear, I would like to humbly suggest all of us who go to Sheff Wed on the final day of the season dress as Vikings...

[/quote]

Maybe they came from Yarmouth, Isle of Wight...lol

[quote user="MK Canary"]The Yarmouth ''long-distance'' Supporters Club also made me chuckle, too, after my usual 120-mile journey to Carrow Road
[/quote]

Unless you drive you must have the same nightmare journey of going into London then uptowards Bedford on a nightgame, takes ages more than bloody Yarmouth. [B]

Take your point about not being long distance, and as a group we thought long and hard about accepting the clubs invitation to join this group. However a lot of our members do travel great distances over the season and we felt therefore we could contribute to the group.

You may have noticed that it was kids taking the flag round - we felt it would be a big thrill for them - as indeed it was.

We certainly recognise the efforts that the real long distancers put in. We know from every other week what a pain the travelling can be.

Glen,   Yarmouth Yellows

[quote user="MK Canary"]The Yarmouth ''long-distance'' Supporters Club also made me chuckle, too, after my usual 120-mile journey to Carrow Road[/quote]Quick, get the man a medal.

It was a top weekend and thank you to all who organised it.  My legs are still hurting from playing football on the Sunday - maybe I should play more tha once a year!

Has anyone got any pics of the banners?  If so can you send them to me or let me know where they are posted?

Seems I nearly gave the stewards a heart attack on the banner parade when I ran to give my girlfriend in the Barnsley end a kiss!  Funny

Also it was a privelage to share the pitch with the ''Forces 2 Canaries''.  Support them on their monopoly 08 fundraiser.

http://www.forces2canaries.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=216&Itemid=1

Any one know how to set up a supporters group?

I''m a season ticket holder and travel from Hertfordshire!!! Also know many fans who live in Stevenage!

See you all on saturday and at Watford (closer to home!)!